The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Watch Dumping

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Watch Dumping Empty
PostSubject: Watch Dumping   Watch Dumping Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:05 pm

A guy named Jason586 is selling a BOATLOAD of Renatos and Invictas over at WUS...WOW!

Watch Dumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch Dumping   Watch Dumping Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:24 pm

Ah.....Bon Chance'?
Back to top Go down

Watch Dumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch Dumping   Watch Dumping Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:26 pm

another banned geek?
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

Watch Dumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch Dumping   Watch Dumping Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:29 pm

Perhaps not banned, but definitely someone who got sucked in to the panic buying of OMG you must buy this now!
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

Watch Dumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch Dumping   Watch Dumping Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:01 pm

I just looked. what he is selling looks EXACTLY like one of the shop line up of watches. It literally looks like he purchased every Renato presented over a week of Renato shows.

Pretty funny to think about the panic that must have set in when he took a look at his collection, and his credit card bill with about $3000 in value pays hitting his account each month.
Back to top Go down

Watch Dumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch Dumping   Watch Dumping Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:05 pm

TVDinner wrote:
Pretty funny to think about the panic that must have set in when he took a look at his collection, and his credit card bill with about $3000 in value pays hitting his account each month.
Watch Dumping Moron-head-in-ass
Watch Dumping Thebookofmoron
Back to top Go down

Watch Dumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch Dumping   Watch Dumping Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:32 pm

I think we'll see alot more of this as that forum gets older.The members who have been there for almost two years are moving in the direction
of better watches that they now see on other forums and realise that they are holding 10k in watches that are worth 1k on the used market.
Some of them buy an entire model line.every color and strap combo.Its the biggest show on the forums.
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

Watch Dumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch Dumping   Watch Dumping Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:42 pm

Dayum..i just took a look. This dude is gonna take a bath.
Back to top Go down

Watch Dumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch Dumping   Watch Dumping Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:05 pm

jackprime1 wrote:
Dayum..i just took a look. This dude is gonna take a bath.

Yep, washing his face with the same water his ass is sitting in.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

Watch Dumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch Dumping   Watch Dumping Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:20 pm

Washin yo face with ass water - Man you guys are rough.
Admittedly I need to do a purge myself and I'm almost there.
But also took delivery of a new Renato today - amazing watch if that's your thing.
Haven't decided if I'm gonna keep it yet.
Back to top Go down

Watch Dumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch Dumping   Watch Dumping Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:40 pm

. . . it's a shame. Watch Dumping Icon_cry
Back to top Go down

Watch Dumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch Dumping   Watch Dumping Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:13 am

Actually, you guys are all wrong.

I have traded with Jason before, he has been doing a ton of trades and sales for the past couple of months, he is trading back and forth and up and down and continues to do so, until he has traded for what he wants, he actually has traded for watches that he does not want and uses them to trade for what he does want. He is not banned on geeks , nor is he an Invicta mark or shop mark, but rather is just into trading and playing the game.......Hes been fairing very well at what he has been doing and eventually is ending up with all the watches that he wants, as he does not like big watches, but will trade for them in order to get a watch that someone will trade for something he does want.....I dont agree with what he does nor would I go through all the trouble, but everyone does something different in this hobby, he is having fun doing a bunch of trading, nothing wrong with that...........
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Watch Dumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch Dumping   Watch Dumping Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:34 am

Well I sure hope he got a good deal on those Renatos...

...they don't seem to be a very popular brand on WUS.

Seems he should be trading or selling those on the yellow site, just sayin'...

Watch Dumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch Dumping   Watch Dumping Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:46 pm

Hope he gets what he wants but those brands are way limiting in the broader WIS community and just don't bring the % when you sell/trade them of almost any other brand out there.
Back to top Go down

Watch Dumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch Dumping   Watch Dumping Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:59 pm

I think this is the same Jason that was on bdwf a few years ago. He worked very hard to find invictas that were dirt cheap and smaller in size. IIRC, he bought alot of watches for around $50. I railed him once for being so cheap.

I think it's another case of having alot of cheap watches and not getting as much satisfaction from them than if you have fewer nice watches.

Been there but bailed after accumulating about 30 watches...now down to eight.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Watch Dumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch Dumping   Watch Dumping Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:04 pm

I know I sold a TON of Zodiacs, but on almost EVERYONE, I got what I paid for it (thanks to outlet pricing)...

Watch Dumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch Dumping   Watch Dumping Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:04 pm

Wisconsin Proud wrote:
I think this is the same Jason that was on bdwf a few years ago. He worked very hard to find invictas that were dirt cheap and smaller in size. IIRC, he bought alot of watches for around $50. I railed him once for being so cheap.

I think it's another case of having alot of cheap watches and not getting as much satisfaction from them than if you have fewer nice watches.

Been there but bailed after accumulating about 30 watches...now down to eight.

Everybody has different collecting styles and sometimes they change over time. My collection has gone through 4-5 incarnations over the past 6-7 years. Had my Russian Phase, had my cheapest possible watch phase, bought quartz Watch Dumping Kopfschuettel for a while, etc. Suddenly I've gotten interested in divers Watch Dumping Icon_rolleyes Heck 66 must own 100+- watches and has some really amazing ones. On the other hand we have Alan for whom no watch seems right Watch Dumping Icon_wink All different but all WIS.
Back to top Go down

Watch Dumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch Dumping   Watch Dumping Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 5:44 am

While it might be fun doing the trading game,its really a losing method.I've done it in a limited way,but only to aquire
a specific watch.This method ends up costing a small fortune in shipping charges.Figure 20.00 per watch trade,then add that
together when the mass sell off starts and you are already in the hole.Then look at the watches,
and regardless of price,hes losing 50% more.When you have 30 watches and sell them and you end up in the red,
you realise you didn't do well at all.The trading game is finite.Also if you are trying it with invictas and renatos,
you find what the real worth is and thats already been decided on wus,tz, tz.uk,watchnet,scwf.
These forums know that these watches have major quality issues and its a crap shoot to get a good one.
People want watches that will hold value and can be serviced 5 to 10 years down the road.Not one invicta or renato will
have parts to do any service work in the future.We already see this now from current models where they can't
repair a movement because they don't have any parts inventory for them.You want bookends,then maybe they
are a decent buy.
Back to top Go down

Watch Dumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch Dumping   Watch Dumping Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:36 am

Anomaly wrote:
I know I sold a TON of Zodiacs, but on almost EVERYONE, I got what I paid for it (thanks to outlet pricing)...

I remember when you were the king of Zodiacs. I had bought a boatload of them in Ellenton and Orlando as well. Now most have been sold off and I am down to 7. I did the same sweep through my Invicta collection. There are still a few pieces that I will pick up of each but the Zodiacs in particular are now getting much harder to find in stores and online.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Watch Dumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch Dumping   Watch Dumping Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:49 am

Motegi wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

I remember when you were the king of Zodiacs. I had bought a boatload of them in Ellenton and Orlando as well. Now most have been sold off and I am down to 7. I did the same sweep through my Invicta collection. There are still a few pieces that I will pick up of each but the Zodiacs in particular are now getting much harder to find in stores and online.

Yes and they are all chronos and quartz... Watch Dumping Affraid

Watch Dumping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watch Dumping   Watch Dumping Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watch Dumping
Page 1 of 1