The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand Empty
PostSubject: Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand   Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 5:43 pm

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=402035

It used to be that people would speak their minds about BS like this with relation to Orient at WUS.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand   Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 5:45 pm

Hence why no sponsors will EVER be here...

PostSubject: Re: Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand   Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Hence why no sponsors will EVER be here...

Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand 74725

Seriously. The guy gets a POS watch. He contacts the schmuck that runs the company here in the US and gets a complete BS answer. Then posts at WUS. Then gets a different answer - still completely BS - to send it in for a 5-6 week turn around for warranty work. Its Brand F'ing new for gosh sakes!

I like several of the Orient watches, owned 4 Makos at one point and sold them because I went through EXACTLY the same BS with precisely the same moron at OrientUSA.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand   Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 5:55 pm

Ernie don't care, he got his cut...

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand   Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 7:19 pm

Maybe we can get a non-watch related sponsor from a company that sells mustache trimmers, back massagers or hand lotion...that would be fine, right Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand Suspect

PostSubject: Re: Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand   Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 7:38 pm

andrema wrote:
Maybe we can get a non-watch related sponsor from a company that sells mustache trimmers, back massagers or hand lotion...that would be fine, right Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand Suspect

. . . lube . . .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand   Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 8:19 pm

XMT ROCKS! Sponsor? We don't need no stinkin sponsor!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand   Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 8:36 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
XMT ROCKS! Sponsor? We don't need no stinkin sponsor!
I thought that Z-Freak guy was our sponsor...where the hell did that guy go anyways??

PostSubject: Re: Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand   Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 8:40 pm

andrema wrote:

I hear ESPN is pretty free with it's money!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand   Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 8:42 pm

andrema wrote:

...or mustache lotion, hand massagers, and back trimmers...
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand   Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 8:42 pm

Docrwm wrote:
andrema wrote:

You've got some good hearing Doc...they spend it like drunken sailors Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand Icon_cheers

Theres been similar complaints with this model posted on other forums.Same results.Anyone try to use the mothers Day promotion?
that was buy a watch at 40% off,use the code and get a choice between two womens watches.one of them was a pretty cool dive watch.
I placed the order for the 44mm diver,applied the code which worked,but no free watch options.I posted to their youtube vid and asked
how to choose the free watch.That got deleted.I got two emails from Joey saying that when you order,one of those watches
will arrive with my new one.So which free watch?he never answered that question, so I didn't order the watch.
Orient didn't need a forum on wus.Orient has been around forever and anyone who needs an orient watch can buy one from them.
They are at the top of most search engines followed by longislandwatch.com
Anyone know what it costs a sponsor for a forum? I do.5700euros per year.Who pays it? anyone buying an orient from orient usa does.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand   Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 8:59 pm

andrema wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
andrema wrote:

You've got some good hearing Doc...they spend it like drunken sailors Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand Icon_cheers

I have some experience dealing with drunken sailors.....perhaps they'd like to spend some my way? That'd be different - them giving it up freely, that is. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand   Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:01 pm

yamahaki wrote:
Theres been similar complaints with this model posted on other forums.Same results.Anyone try to use the mothers Day promotion?
that was buy a watch at 40% off,use the code and get a choice between two womens watches.one of them was a pretty cool dive watch.
I placed the order for the 44mm diver,applied the code which worked,but no free watch options.I posted to their youtube vid and asked
how to choose the free watch.That got deleted.I got two emails from Joey saying that when you order,one of those watches
will arrive with my new one.So which free watch?he never answered that question, so I didn't order the watch.
Orient didn't need a forum on wus.Orient has been around forever and anyone who needs an orient watch can buy one from them.
They are at the top of most search engines followed by longislandwatch.com
Anyone know what it costs a sponsor for a forum? I do.5700euros per year.Who pays it? anyone buying an orient from orient usa does.

Sean,

Oh they needed the sponsorhip alright. Just look at all the deleted threads on the old Seiko, Citizen, Orient forum.......oh, that's right - you can't now.

If you can't improve your CS you can always pay hush money and muzzle the complaints ahead of time. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand   Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:36 pm

andrema wrote:

My straps all come with mustache trimmers! Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand 933578
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand   Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sponsored forums change EVERYTHING about that brand
Page 1 of 1