The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short

Go down 
+3
AtomicTom
Anomaly
jackprime1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Empty
PostSubject: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:51 pm

Today started out pretty crazy for me. Was out and about
shopping and realized my blackberry was not in my pocket...went
nutz...so i flew home from NJ and realized i left it at home..So I went
back out to do a bit more shopping until I got a call..It was my brother
telling me my father passed away...My body went numb and to make matter
worse he was on speaker in my car and my 3 1/2 year old son heard the
whole thing and starting asking questions i could not answer at the
time. My father does not live that close to me about 3 hours away
upstate NY. So we speak from time to time. He called me 3 times this
week and actually spoke to him last night at 9pm. Something didnt sound
right in his voice...I am so mentally wiped out from this and its just
the beginning. The planning of the viewing and the burial is just too
much to handle. I just thank god I have a healthy family to help me
through this. So everyone please take the time to speak and see your
loved ones as much as you can. Never take life for granted...I spoke to
him last night...today he is gone...Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Frown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:55 pm

Very sorry to hear that your father has passed away. Please accept my condolences.
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:56 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Very sorry to hear that your father has passed away. Please accept my condolences.

Thanx Doc I appreciate that brutha...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:57 pm

jackprime1 wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

Your family will be who get you through this, both my parents have passed away and its just never easy. Take care of yourself and your family.
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:38 pm

Docrwm wrote:
jackprime1 wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

Your family will be who get you through this, both my parents have passed away and its just never easy. Take care of yourself and your family.

I will be leaning on them for support. I know my little man will get me through this. So sorry for your loss Doc that is so terrible. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:47 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with you Jack...

Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:52 pm

Anomaly wrote:
My thoughts and prayers are with you Jack...

Thanks Alan I appreciate that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:00 am

So sorry to hear that. My condolences and best wishes for the coming days...
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:05 am

FreeDive wrote:
So sorry to hear that. My condolences and best wishes for the coming days...

Thank you
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:26 am

Don't really know what to say, other than I am truly
sorry beyond words. My condolences as well sir !
Please know I have you and your family in my
prayers Jack !

jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:27 am

AtomicTom wrote:
prayers Jack !

Thanks Tom. I appreciate that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:28 am

jackprime1 wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
jackprime1 wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

I will be leaning on them for support. I know my little man will get me through this. So sorry for your loss Doc that is so terrible. Thanks again.

Thanks, long ago. It's tough but try to celebrate his life.
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:30 am

Docrwm wrote:
jackprime1 wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
jackprime1 wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

Thanks, long ago. It's tough but try to celebrate his life.

Yes. I am named after him and so is my son. Had some good times and some bad but thats what life is all about.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:38 am

My thoughts are with you Jack.

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:41 am

jackprime1 wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
prayers Jack !

Thanks Tom. I appreciate that.

You got it sir ! Spend alot of time with your family and know that we are
ALL thinking of you !

jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:45 am

So so sorry...I know the pain. Both of my parents are gone now.
Unbelievable how bad it hurts - Something they just don't tell you about.
I pray you find the strength to endure.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 1:33 am

Well said. Be well and hope you hang in there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 7:42 am

Very, very sorry about your loss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 8:32 am

I am very sorry for your loss. My father has been gone for about eight years now. I still think
of him daily. We were very close and it is tough. I was fortunate enough to live nearby and I
got to spend time with him before his death because he had liver cancer. He lived almost a year
with this before he passed.

As corny as this sounds....try to think of the good times that you got to spend with your dad....it helps.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Earl
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 2:03 pm

Duker wrote:
As corny as this sounds....try to think of the good times that you got to spend with your dad....it helps.
Earl

Not corny at all Earl. My Mom passed 13 years ago. We were very close as my step-dad wasn't around that much. I remember her spending the entire day many a Fridays making meatballs for the group of friends I invited over to spend the night Friday, play guitar, sing and eat that awesome meatball subs she made for us! It's those type of memories that will help Jack get through this tough time of losing his Dad! You know how I feel Jack. You have my number if you want to talk!
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 2:27 pm

So sorry for your loss...... Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_sad

Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:00 pm

Sorry to hear about your loss Jack. As others have said, remember all the good times and cherish the moments you have with your loved ones. It makes all the petty BS that goes on in the world soooo irrelevant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 4:02 pm

Jack, where do i start! So sorry for your loss and my prayers and thoughts go out to you and the family! My parents were both young (20) when i was born and they live a whopping 35 miles south of me and i just dont see them like a should! Talk to my father on the phone every sunday night but i could do that from anywhere in the world! Took both kids down last sunday and visited for a few hours , my wife went down to visit her mother this morning (same town ) and asked if i wanted to go see my parents and i said no saw them last week!!! They are only 67 and in good shape but you never know how and when things will happen and i'm sure i will regret not seeing them as much as i should the last few years! Seems we get busy with your own lives and forget to visit the people who molded us into the people we are today! Again so sorry for the loss jack and cant wait to talk with my father (jack) tonight after he is done watching 60 minutes! Life is short make sure you have no regrets when loved ones leave us! Sorry to ramble but your loss has brought up alot of feelings and things i should be doing instead of being on a watch forum all the time! Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 4:42 pm

Thank you guys i truly appreciate the love and kind words. It truly helps me believe it or not. Trevor my father was only 57 years old. He lived 3 hours away from me and i have not taken the time to spend with him. I am always on the run with work and things on the home front. So many things i did wrong and a phone here and there would have meant the world of a difference. I really did not want to post this on the forum but I want people to know not to take life and loved ones for granted. We all think hey tomorrow I will give him or her a call when tomorrow we are not promised. I was suppose to call my father in the morning the day after we spoke because he needed a favor from me and I forgot....something I will have to deal with the rest of my life. I am so grateful that I spoke to him the night before his passing and to hear his voice one last time means the world to me. I am crushed typing this because I know he passed all alone and i know it was not peaceful. I hope I opened up at least one persons eyes to spend more time with the family no matter what is cost. I just want to thank every one of the members here at XMT for all the warm and thoughtful wishes and prayers. I am only 35 years old and have a son 3 1/2 asking a millions questions now about my father. It also opened up my eyes to take better care of my self so i can live a long life and not have it ended so short. Thank you everyone I truly appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.
Jack
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 6:48 pm

Jack thank you again for this reminder of the preciousness of life and family. Cherish the memories you have of your father, do not live in guilt for that would bring him no honor. Instead take what you have learned from this; let us all live each day to the fullest, not just "living for the weekend." Every day, look for something for which to be thankful.

I pray Christ's peace and healing for you and your family...

Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 10:35 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Jack thank you again for this reminder of the preciousness of life and family. Cherish the memories you have of your father, do not live in guilt for that would bring him no honor. Instead take what you have learned from this; let us all live each day to the fullest, not just "living for the weekend." Every day, look for something for which to be thankful.

I pray Christ's peace and healing for you and your family...

Your very welcome Alan. You know you are so right...my brother just said the same thing yesterday to me about not living for just the weekend. We rush and hustle all week long and cant wait for the weekend to come just to have 2 days off or some of us 1 day off. We rush the weekend and that is just time lost and not cherished. Great advice Alan and so true brutha. Things will be different for me this moment on. I will take the time out during the week and on the weekends for family. Family is so important and thats all that matters. Thank you for the blessing Alan I appreciate that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:38 am

I'm sad to hear this Jack. Time will heal your sorrow, your father lives in your memories
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:45 am

I'm really sorry, Jack. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

David
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 12:46 pm

Very sorry to hear this, Jack. Thoughts are with you.
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:50 pm

Thanks guys I appreciate that...today my head is spinning..gotta do all the arrangements and its just killing me. its just too effin morbid the whole business of picking out a suit all the way to the casket. Just effin sux. Truly appreciate the support and the prayers..Thanks guys..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short   Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Everyone Hug your loved ones...Life is way too short
Page 1 of 1