The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Swiss Legend???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 2:23 pm

They have about 36 models with many quartz for <=$99 (lots of BIG watches with BRIGHT colors too). Here is an example, I don't really know much about this one, Swiss Legend. But Rue La La has them featured now and the prices are like $199 for an MSRP watch of $1299 Swiss Legend??? 6018614966_RLLD_1

Swiss Legend??? 6018614964_RLLD_3Swiss Legend??? 6018614964_RLLD_1

• We
    offer 30-day Returns Your Way. Return this item for cash back (pay just
    return shipping), or choose a merchandise credit and get free return
    shipping.
  • Black rubber watch with contrast white stitching and a black dial
  • Part of the Endeavor Collection
  • Swiss automatic movement
  • Black rubber strap with white stitching
  • Stainless steel bezel
  • Stainless steel case and a skeleton back
  • Black dial with white luminous hands, white dash hour markers, and white Arabic numerals
  • Date display at 3:00
  • Sapphire crystal
  • Screw-down crown
  • Strap: 24mm wide x 9.5in long
  • Case: 48mm diameter x 15mm thick
  • Water-resistant up to 50 meters
  • Buckle clasp
  • Watch winder included
  • Manufacturer's limited warranty
  • Please
    note: This item must be in its original condition, with all tags
    attached and original packaging intact, in order to be accepted for
    return.
  • Model #: 60002-01
They've got these too - white and blackSwiss Legend??? 6018614975_RLLD_1
that are Tungsten (we've talked about that a bit lately) and they're $199.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 2:41 pm

Disposable watches. IMO don't waste your time. You'll most likely tire of it sooner than later and you can't give them away once the high from the impulse buy has worn off.

Again, just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:02 pm

Docrwm wrote:
They have about 36 models with many quartz for <=$99 (lots of BIG watches with BRIGHT colors too). Here is an example, I don't really know much about this one, Swiss Legend. But Rue La La has them featured now and the prices are like $199 for an MSRP watch of $1299
Swiss Legend??? 6018614964_RLLD_3Swiss Legend??? 6018614964_RLLD_1

Nice design... Swiss Legend??? Icon_scratch Swiss Legend??? 744742
Swiss Legend??? Lz1lume2

Swiss Legend??? Lumzillacasebackwebsite

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:11 pm

. . . this seems like an appropriate time to say - - - I always wondered, in the beginning, why someone would spend so much on a watch . . . a single watch. scratch I mean, you could buy SEVERAL of Brand XXX for that money. Suspect

. . . I haven't the money to buy what I WANT today ( wifey is cooking on my Omega fund, I had to start over) and I have no desire to buy just for the sake of buying. . . .and I really used to enjoy that!!!! albino

. . . time is a strange and wonderful thing.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 4:41 pm

2 Tungsten are the only SLs I own (different dial config than above)
I Actually like 'em. Thin, shiny, and heavy.
These are the only SLs I ever kept - the rest all went back (No Commanders - sorry)

Total rip on the LumZilla - BTW
Back to top Go down

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 4:43 pm

I owned a couple SL and got rid of them. I agree with Randy. I'll save up for something I really want. I've outgrown the "I need as many watches as I can get. Why buy a Omega when I can get the same quality for a 10th of the price" attitude. It's all BS in the real world.
Back to top Go down

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:36 pm

Sorry for tempting folks with throw away watches but I thought tungsten might be of interest.
Back to top Go down

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:57 pm

The only thing swiss in swiss legend is the name.For this watch,they sunk to an all time low in deceptive advertising.
Its a chinese watch with the cl888 kind of maybe might be a swiss parts movement,even might meet the swiss movement
requirement.That means they can place swiss movement on the dial.Instead,they chose to
print

Swiss made automatic movement on the caseback to get the swiss made print on the watch.Non wis will read this as Swiss Made
when its just another shit watch.They made a dive watch that sold out quick.It had a eta 2824,sapphire crystal and 500m wr.
At one point,I thought they might bring it back.
Back to top Go down

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:23 pm

Swiss Legend uses many Claro888 movements which I like better than the miyota 8215, hacks, better finish and hands as well as dial feet are the same. The Atlantis has a 2824 and 500m wr, I have one I bead blasted
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:50 pm

I have a couple of Swiss Legend Atlantis. One with a white dial and one with an orange dial. Swiss eta 2824 and 1000 meters of water resistance. I did recently get one of the new SL Tungsten automatics. I am getting rid of all my quartz watches. I am also cleaning the house of all my sub $100 watches. I guess I am evolving. I will probably not get rid of all my entry level watches, but I am pairing back.
Back to top Go down

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:53 pm

Breez wrote:
I have a couple of Swiss Legend Atlantis. One with a white dial and one with an orange dial. Swiss eta 2824 and 1000 meters of water resistance. I did recently get one of the new SL Tungsten automatics. I am getting rid of all my quartz watches. I am also cleaning the house of all my sub $100 watches. I guess I am evolving. I will probably not get rid of all my entry level watches, but I am pairing back.

What do you think of the SL Tungsten watch?
Back to top Go down

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:10 pm

With the saying 'imitation is the sicerest form of flattery' ringing in my head' I cant help but think both the SW and the Lumzilla both took design hints from the Manometro line of watches.

Which by the way I LOVE. Maybe someday. sigghhhhhhhhhh.......

Swiss Legend??? 74700LB-W-145GH-DB

Swiss Legend??? 74700RP-W-510FABL
Back to top Go down

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:23 pm

I am seeing the blatant rip-off SL did of the Lum-Tec but not seeing anything really similar between them and the Manometro. That said, I don't own a tungsten watch but am interested in hearing from those that do regarding the durability of tungsten. Is it really that scratch resistant?
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:26 pm

I like the SL tungsten. The Blue Sandstone dial is sweet. For a 45mm watch it is a heavy m-F'er. I just like the way the tungsten looks. The high polish but it almost has a smoky look to it. My wedding ring is Tungsten so the watch really matches. The cl-888 moves pretty smooth. I love the Roman numerals on the dial too. All in all, a cool watch.

I know it's not a high end brand but I like the watch.
Back to top Go down

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:38 pm

Breez wrote:
I like the SL tungsten. The Blue Sandstone dial is sweet. For a 45mm watch it is a heavy m-F'er. I just like the way the tungsten looks. The high polish but it almost has a smoky look to it. My wedding ring is Tungsten so the watch really matches. The cl-888 moves pretty smooth. I love the Roman numerals on the dial too. All in all, a cool watch.

I know it's not a high end brand but I like the watch.

Breez,
Buy what you like, keep what you love, don't spend too much. As long as you follow those simple rules - you shouldn't listen to anyone about your watches....Doc
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:38 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
I am seeing the blatant rip-off SL did of the Lum-Tec but not seeing anything really similar between them and the Manometro. That said, I don't own a tungsten watch but am interested in hearing from those that do regarding the durability of tungsten. Is it really that scratch resistant?

Yes - Certainly for desk diver marks - not a problem
Even scraped a link on the mortar of brick fireplace - no scratches.
Would I palm the bracelet and buff concrete with it? - Not with my watch - but some have.
Tungsten is brittle - so it can crack.

Mine (Q&D pic) - Also have it w/yellow dial
Swiss Legend??? SwissLegend_Tungsten_jaw-vi
Back to top Go down

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:43 pm

jaw wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:

Would I palm the bracelet and buff concrete with it? - Not with my watch - but some have.

Thanks. I've used tungsten weights in Pinewood Derby cars for my son, so I have a ral appreciation for it's density from a weight perspective, but the hardness issue is not one I really have any direct knowledge of. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:47 pm

If I can just keep the finger prints off it.

Swiss Legend??? SL-18010A-33
Back to top Go down

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:00 am

bodypeersur1 wrote:
I am seeing the blatant rip-off SL did of the Lum-Tec but not seeing anything really similar between them and the Manometro.

I guess the case design just really jumps out at me as very similar. The dial not so much. The hidden lugs on the Manometro are not on the other either.

Still the case design...hmmmmm Swiss Legend??? Icon_lol Swiss Legend??? Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:03 am

Haven't had a Swiss Legend, but some of these specifications
like CL888 and ETA 2824 movements, along with great water
resistance sound really impressive ! Swiss Legend??? Icon_smile The Tungsten theme
seems like a real plus also. Not to mention, many of the watches
look REAL nice, especially for the prices imho !..Cool info and
photos ! Thanks !

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:19 am

AtomicTom wrote:
resistance sound really impressive ! Swiss Legend??? Icon_smile The Tungsten theme
photos ! Thanks !

Do you take happy pills?lol
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:26 am

yamahaki wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
photos ! Thanks !

Swiss Legend??? Lol ... Swiss Legend??? Icon_cheers Actually, no..but if I did !..Look out ! Swiss Legend??? Icon_biggrin Swiss Legend??? Alien Swiss Legend??? Icon_biggrin

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:37 am

AtomicTom wrote:
yamahaki wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
photos ! Thanks !

Swiss Legend??? Lol ... Swiss Legend??? Icon_cheers Actually, no..but if I did !..Look out ! Swiss Legend??? Icon_biggrin Swiss Legend??? Alien Swiss Legend??? Icon_biggrin

No kidding.You've never had a negative word written from the posts I've read.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:46 am

yamahaki wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
yamahaki wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
photos ! Thanks !

You're right !..Most of the time I tend to like just about every watch that is shown ! Swiss Legend??? 803574
There have been a few rare occasions. Swiss Legend??? Icon_eek Just honestly enjoy this hobby, as well as
talking with everyone !

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:05 am

AtomicTom wrote:
yamahaki wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
yamahaki wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
photos ! Thanks !

You're right !..Most of the time I tend to like just about every watch that is shown ! Swiss Legend??? 803574
There have been a few rare occasions. Swiss Legend??? Icon_eek Just honestly enjoy this hobby, as well as
talking with everyone !

. . . . priceless. Tom, you have life down to a science my man. I envy you . . . . truly. cheers
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:00 pm

wagon wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
yamahaki wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
yamahaki wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
photos ! Thanks !

talking with everyone !

. . . . priceless. Tom, you have life down to a science my man. I envy you . . . . truly. Swiss Legend??? Icon_cheers

Wow, Randy ! Swiss Legend??? Icon_smile ..You are TOO kind sir ! Swiss Legend??? 46145 ..There is no doubt that YOU are....Da Man ! Swiss Legend??? Icon_cheers

Senior Associate
jaw

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:08 am

jaw wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:

WAIT - I TAKE IT BACK - I FOUND SCRATCHES!affraid

Very very fine desk scratches on the 12 side (most vulnerable for me)
Easily missed due to SUPER BRIGHT reflections.
So there are NOT scratch PROOF. At least not the SLs anyway.

Just setting the record straight - sorry.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 12:58 pm

jaw wrote:
jaw wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:

WAIT - I TAKE IT BACK - I FOUND SCRATCHES!Swiss Legend??? Affraid

JAW...tungsten is scratchproof...well, unless you have superhuman wrists like you...then it might as well be Titanuium Swiss Legend??? Icon_biggrin

I think you are the first person that I have ever heard of scratching a tungsten watch! Swiss Legend??? Affraid

Senior Associate
jaw

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:54 pm

andrema wrote:
jaw wrote:

WAIT - I TAKE IT BACK - I FOUND SCRATCHES!Swiss Legend??? Affraid

JAW...tungsten is scratchproof...well, unless you have superhuman wrists like you...then it might as well be Titanuium Swiss Legend??? Icon_biggrin

I think you are the first person that I have ever heard of scratching a tungsten watch! Swiss Legend??? Affraid

Will try to get some photos up when I can.
I think it was another Tungsten thread where someone said there are different grades of Tungsten.
Also recall SL in same thread had some scratchable Tungsten controversy.
Easy to believe that my SL may be among them.
Back to top Go down

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 2:26 pm

. . . for your reference, here's the hardness scale I believe SL refers to . . .

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MohsScaleOfRockAndMetalHardness
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Swiss Legend??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swiss Legend???   Swiss Legend??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swiss Legend???
Page 1 of 1