The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New XW/DOT Dials...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

New XW/DOT Dials... Empty
PostSubject: New XW/DOT Dials...   New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:24 pm

Hey fellas... Haven't had a lot of time to post lately with Noah bein' over in Canada for treatment, planning my wedding, moving apartments, and keepin' things in order. Hope you guys have been farin' well...

I just got samples of some new dials today. These ones took 6 months of R&D, and were fairly complicated due to the indices and getting the lume in there properly. These are a tribute to the 1970's Aquastar Benthos...I've done 4 types..with logo/without, with date/without..Before I go to production, I want to put out my feelers and ask you guys whatcha think.. Here's a quick pic of one in a Tsunami.....

New XW/DOT Dials... MMPICS1JUN2010001-1[b]

New XW/DOT Dials... MMPICS1JUN2010006-1

Here's the watch they're after....

New XW/DOT Dials... IMG_1933benthoss

Thanks fellas...Keep yer stick on the ice.

Jake B
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New XW/DOT Dials...   New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:28 pm

Looking good so far Jake!

PostSubject: Thanks, man...I'm gonna get some better pics tomorrow...   New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:32 pm

I'm now officially in LOVE with this watch (don't tell my fiancee) Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New XW/DOT Dials...   New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:42 pm

It's a winner Jake, go with it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Nice...Thanks...   New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:53 pm

I'll show you some pics of the different variations (better quality pics) tomorrow, mate. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New XW/DOT Dials...   New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:05 pm

Pretty cool, Jake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Right on...   New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:29 pm

Even with the bad pics you guys are likin' it....Looks like I'll go to production. Only 24 samples right now until then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New XW/DOT Dials...   New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:10 pm

very nice Jake!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New XW/DOT Dials...   New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:28 pm

New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_cheers Looks good, another winner Jake.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: New XW/DOT Dials...   New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 6:50 pm

Hey Jake ! New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_smile Sounds like you have really been busy ! Congratulations on
the coming Wedding, and new apartment sir. Seems like you are keeping
things in order VERY nicely with this dial. Those markers are AWESOME,
especially that one at the 12 o'clock position ! New XW/DOT Dials... 46145 NICE job all the way
around if you ask me !..Thanks for stopping by, and showing us these
pictures !

Associate
Breez

PostSubject: Re: New XW/DOT Dials...   New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:35 pm

Very cool. I really like that watch as well. I am not in love yet, but I am in deep like.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: New XW/DOT Dials...   New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:13 pm

Very nice...If you get bored of the third one, I'll take good care of it for you New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_biggrin

BTW - great work Jake!!

PostSubject: Re: New XW/DOT Dials...   New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:41 am

I like it,but take the hash marks off the chapter ring.Those are already present on the bezel so it looks redundant.
Marathon uses tall chapter rings but are blank.Just plain aluminium.looks much cleaner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New XW/DOT Dials...   New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:53 am

To the contrary, a watch must have hashes either on the dial, or on the rehaut. If there are only hashes on the bezel, they are useless without a point of reference. All dive watches that do not have hashes on the dial have them on the rehaut, and vice-versa (like Marathon)

Jake B

yamahaki wrote:
I like it,but take the hash marks off the chapter ring.Those are already present on the bezel so it looks redundant.
Marathon uses tall chapter rings but are blank.Just plain aluminium.looks much cleaner.

Last edited by Jake B on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: A few better PICS...   New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:56 am

Here's a few better ones Smile

New XW/DOT Dials... MMPICS1JUN2010002-1

New XW/DOT Dials... MMPICS1JUN2010001-2

New XW/DOT Dials... MMPICS1JUN2010004-1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New XW/DOT Dials...   New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:58 am

I know this Jake.I'm just saying that hash marks on the chapter ring don't look right on this particular watch.You asked for
opinions,I gave you mine.If you didn't want opinions,then don't state it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New XW/DOT Dials...   New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:07 am

I comented on your opinion, giving you the reason that there has to be hash marks on the chapter.....This dial has no hashes. Your opinion is welcome, and I hope that my anwswer was too.

Thanks,

Jake B

yamahaki wrote:
I know this Jake.I'm just saying that hash marks on the chapter ring don't look right on this particular watch.You asked for
opinions,I gave you mine.If you didn't want opinions,then don't state it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New XW/DOT Dials...   New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:14 am

I like them because they were going after the aquastar look but did the ring a little different! Might have a blank stainless one in stock that would work if some don't care for the ring?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New XW/DOT Dials...   New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:25 am

Sure, man...All compatible with Seiko SKX and 10watches custom parts. This example is a Tsunami with custom parts installed.

cali kid wrote:
I like them because they were going after the aquastar look but did the ring a little different! Might have a blank stainless one in stock that would work if some don't care for the ring?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New XW/DOT Dials...   New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:39 am

Hello Jake,

As a suggestion, I would settle for a slightly smaller font for the "Automatic" notice. Other than that, it is very much attractive as-is.

One question, though: taking into account that the 12-hr marker lume is doubled but actually slimmer than the 09 and 06 markers, will it not look a bit unbalanced when "fired up"?

Keep up the good work, Jake!

Cheers,

Marcello GT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Thanks...   New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:56 am

Thanks..I'm thinking the same thing about altering the size of the text, and possibly the text itself.

As for the markers...I kept them in the spirit of the original...It looks nice "fired up" as It distinguished the 12 from the others Smile

Jake B

MarcelloGT wrote:
Hello Jake,

As a suggestion, I would settle for a slightly smaller font for the "Automatic" notice. Other than that, it is very much attractive as-is.

One question, though: taking into account that the 12-hr marker lume is doubled but actually slimmer than the 09 and 06 markers, will it not look a bit unbalanced when "fired up"?

Keep up the good work, Jake!

Cheers,

Marcello GT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New XW/DOT Dials...   New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:18 am

Jake B wrote:
Thanks..I'm thinking the same thing about altering the size of the text, and possibly the text itself.

As for the markers...I kept them in the spirit of the original...It looks nice "fired up" as It distinguished the 12 from the others Smile

Jake B

Thanks for the return, Jake! As for the markers, I cannot help myself: you gotta lume shots already? New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_cyclops
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Soon....   New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:23 am

No time right now...4 days til the wedding and have to wrap up biz before taking of to Malaysia on honeymoon ;-) I'll be on it soon enough.

MarcelloGT wrote:
Jake B wrote:

Jake B

Thanks for the return, Jake! As for the markers, I cannot help myself: you gotta lume shots already? New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_cyclops
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New XW/DOT Dials...   New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:31 am

Jake B wrote:
No time right now...4 days til the wedding and have to wrap up biz before taking of to Malaysia on honeymoon ;-) I'll be on it soon enough.

Getting married!?!? Now that is a lame excuse to avoid your "duties", don't you think? Nah, just kidding! Here's my very best wishes for a great wedding for you and your bride, Jake! New XW/DOT Dials... 74725
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New XW/DOT Dials...   New XW/DOT Dials... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New XW/DOT Dials...
Page 1 of 1