The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thianwong
Senior Associate

Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster... Empty
PostSubject: Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster...   Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:10 am

This is a rare caliber 1441 HEQ with champagne dial and gold bezel 18ct, sapphire crystal....38mm wide....rated at the time (1987/8 +-10secs/YEAR...

Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster... SeamasterchampagneSirLesfogshot
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster...   Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:40 pm

Super watch Thian ! Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster... 803574 After learning a little about that
type of quartz movement last week, I see how uniquely
cool these watches are. They also look pretty GREAT as
well, with the gold, silver, and black combination. Nice
bracelet on these also. Have to say it even looks bigger
than 38mm !..FANTASTIC picture of a FANTASTIC watch
sir ! Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster... 46145

PostSubject: Re: Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster...   Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:43 pm

The more you show these the more I like em Thian! Do ya ever see any that would fit a fat guy wrist? LMAO!
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster...   Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:53 pm

Thanks, Tom. These pre-Bond quartz models are popping up now on the japan Yahoo auction site.
The champagne version is usually not popular a color with the Western guys, but Asians like them haha!

Duff, unfortunately these models came in only max 40mm to crown and are hard to find ....usually the midsize 38mm are found on auctions here.
The next Bond series came in the 90s and the dials were BLUE colored....but larger sized from then on. Still, the smaller versions are seen mostly in Japan, even ladies versions.....
Unfortunately also, the bracelets are proprietary. Meaning, remember that in the past big guys still wore the smaller watches of their time (like WW2 and after...as that was the trend......so it really is relative what one finds acceptable on the wrist.....!)
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster...   Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 8:06 pm

thianwong wrote:
Thanks, Tom. These pre-Bond quartz models are popping up now on the japan Yahoo auction site.
The champagne version is usually not popular a color with the Western guys, but Asians like them haha!

Duff, unfortunately these models came in only max 40mm to crown and are hard to find ....usually the midsize 38mm are found on auctions here.
The next Bond series came in the 90s and the dials were BLUE colored....but larger sized from then on. Still, the smaller versions are seen mostly in Japan, even ladies versions.....
Unfortunately also, the bracelets are proprietary. Meaning, remember that in the past big guys still wore the smaller watches of their time (like WW2 and after...as that was the trend......so it really is relative what one finds acceptable on the wrist.....!)

You're VERY welcome Thian ! Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster... Icon_smile It's great that these watches are popping up like that
for you !..They are REAL nice if you ask me !

PostSubject: Re: Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster...   Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 8:27 pm

thianwong wrote:
Meaning, remember that in the past big guys still wore the smaller watches of their time (like WW2 and after...as that was the trend......so it really is relative what one finds acceptable on the wrist.....!)

Not really the size of the case that I was referring to, but the size of the bracelet. I need a total of 8 inches in circumference to be comfortable.
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster...   Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 8:39 pm

Duff, ah okay....then it is possible to mod a longer strap yourself with trial and error, as I did for this Seiko chrono recently. I had an older rubber strap lying around and while watching TV used my exacto knife to do a prototype cut out to fit the proprietary lugs....
It worked, though not a pro job haha!

here is the original bracelet...

Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster... Fulldialview

Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster... SeikoLeganzaChronowristshots007

Last edited by thianwong on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster...   Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 8:41 pm

nice strap............ Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster... 744742
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster...   Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another pre-Bond quartz Seamaster...
Page 1 of 1