The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is there a difference?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Is there a difference? Empty
PostSubject: Is there a difference?   Is there a difference? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:29 pm

Guys help an idiot out here.

Seiko is one of my favorite brands for numerous reasons; price, variety, quality, no deception (had to throw that in Laughing ) ANYWAY does anyone know the difference between these 2. They look identical to me, maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

SKX009
Is there a difference? Kx009k2

SKX175
Is there a difference? SKX175

They are both dark blue dial/red-blue bezel/200m/7s26 movement/jubilee bracelet.

What am I missing?

Is there a difference? Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there a difference?   Is there a difference? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:20 pm

Yup, there is a major difference. The one on the top is intended for sale outside the US and the one on the bottom for sale in the US. Made in the same factory, same specs, etc. but with slightly different markings because of differing legal requirements. The dials and bezels should be identical but different batches have had slightly different intensity of color for the blues and the red.

Nice watch.

Is there a difference? 009AllIn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there a difference?   Is there a difference? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 3:32 pm

Thanks Doc!

The hunt has begun.

Is there a difference? 74725
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there a difference?   Is there a difference? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 6:11 pm

labman wrote:
Thanks Doc!

The hunt has begun.

Is there a difference? 74725

I've had good luck with World of Watches and some of their crazy sales in the past. That's where I got my 009.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there a difference?   Is there a difference? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 8:46 pm

Hello! My first post in this forum.
Do you guys also use Noah and Harold for Mods?

RR
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there a difference?   Is there a difference? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 8:47 pm

Redrum wrote:
Hello! My first post in this forum.
Do you guys also use Noah and Harold for Mods?

RR

Welcome Redrum... simple answer: Yes. You'll find a lot of their work around here. Also a bit of MCWW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there a difference?   Is there a difference? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 12:30 am

Update - was able to pick up a 009 from Long Island Watch on the Z22 rubber strap for a buck 49, located a sweet Louis Boyer all solid link jubliee, screw pins and solid and links.

What can be said about the 007/009 that hasn't been said already. Quite a nice watch for the scratch and the Louis Boyer bracelet is in all honesty the best version of a jubliee I have had. It is definitely a "super jubilee".

Pics to come soon. Too much time being spent coaching a Little League team and a Pony team, not enough tiime for watches.

Is there a difference? Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there a difference?   Is there a difference? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 1:19 am

Congrats! You can't go wrong with it and wear it in good health!

Stan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there a difference?   Is there a difference? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 3:45 am

Can't go wrong with the 009 or 007 Is there a difference? 203558 . My 009 on a jubilee.
Is there a difference? A255b7245ac54ecda966b51cfb1f289f
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there a difference?   Is there a difference? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there a difference?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Dive Watches-
Jump to: