The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DMB
Associate
DMB

Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Empty
PostSubject: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:54 pm

OK guys, lets see what kind of watch nerds you guys REALLY are. Here is the task. I need to find a 22mm, straight end (not curved endlinks) watch bracelet to fit my Heuer Calculator. I'd like it to have a clasp, snd not a hidden clasp. Pacific Chrono already has the mesh on his, so I need something different. I love the look of mesh in pics, and it is very appropriate for this watch, however it is just not my cuppa. I have seen some great Watchadoo bracelets, but cannot find a source for them. Anyhow, if anyone has a good idea for a bracelet then post up a pic or link here. It's summertime in the Bayou state and a leather strap isn't gonna last.

Here is the watch .... let me see what you got.

Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... IMG_2073
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:59 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:03 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:09 pm

couple of other options as well, some cool designs, especially the one at bottom of page.

http://www.globalwatchband.com/group/71/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:13 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:16 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:26 pm

porschefan wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Hadley-Roma-MB5926RWSE-22-22-mm-Stainless-WatchBracelet/dp/B001EYVBRW

Tim,

Did you read the review from a gentleman in Iceland of this bracelet?

"Having bought and been impressed with two other Hadley Roma bracelets in the past, I was very disheartened when I bought this one. It's very cheap - not of considerably better quality than the aluminum used in soda cans. It's easy as pie to bend the links when you try to size the bracelet, and the links themselves seem to be folded metal. It's also very, very light and will not support a larger watch very well. DO NOT BUY THIS ONE."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:36 pm

Docrwm wrote:
porschefan wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Hadley-Roma-MB5926RWSE-22-22-mm-Stainless-WatchBracelet/dp/B001EYVBRW

Tim,

"Having bought and been impressed with two other Hadley Roma bracelets in the past, I was very disheartened when I bought this one. It's very cheap - not of considerably better quality than the aluminum used in soda cans. It's easy as pie to bend the links when you try to size the bracelet, and the links themselves seem to be folded metal. It's also very, very light and will not support a larger watch very well. DO NOT BUY THIS ONE."

No, never saw a review of this. Sorry. Never mind, David. Sorry to waste your time. I suppose now I've got to google Icelandic watch forums. Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:38 pm

DMB wrote:
OK guys, lets see what kind of watch nerds you guys REALLY are. Here is the task. I need to find a 22mm, straight end (not curved endlinks) watch bracelet to fit my Heuer Calculator. I'd like it to have a clasp, snd not a hidden clasp. Pacific Chrono already has the mesh on his, so I need something different. I love the look of mesh in pics, and it is very appropriate for this watch, however it is just not my cuppa. I have seen some great Watchadoo bracelets, but cannot find a source for them. Anyhow, if anyone has a good idea for a bracelet then post up a pic or link here. It's summertime in the Bayou state and a leather strap isn't gonna last.

Here is the watch .... let me see what you got.

Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... IMG_2073

David, send me your address and i will send you a 22mm watchadoo!

Trevor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:39 pm

porschefan wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
porschefan wrote:

Tim,

No, never saw a review of this. Sorry. Never mind, David. Sorry to waste your time. I suppose now I've got to google Icelandic watch forums. Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_scratch

Have to keep abreast of ALL the haps in WISdom man. Just gotta. Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... 744742

the review was at the bottom on the Amazon page your linked......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:43 pm

Sorry, I've never let a review of a watch or strap, especially on the internet, affect my purchase... then you all know I don't buy much stuff from the net, either. So, your honor, I retract all of my previous input into this conversation.

I guess a watch is very important in Iceland, as it's either dark all day, or light all day. Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... 744742
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:45 pm

porschefan wrote:
Sorry, I've never let a review of a watch or strap, especially on the internet, affect my purchase... then you all know I don't buy much stuff from the net, either. So, your honor, I retract all of my previous input into this conversation.

I guess a watch is very important in Iceland, as it's either dark all day, or light all day. Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... 744742

I keep forgetting we have you Horse-and-Buggy WIS on our forum. No internet purchases.....how quaint.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:48 pm

Docrwm wrote:
porschefan wrote:

I keep forgetting we have you Horse-and-Buggy WIS on our forum. No internet purchases.....how quaint.

Yeah, but you don't hear me bitchin' about being screwed by a seller, do ya? Huh, do ya?

Never bought from a TV show either... I got your "quaint" right here.

Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... 744742

(BTW, yes, I can drive a horse and buggy. I can actually drive a team, as well.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:51 pm

porschefan wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
porschefan wrote:

Yeah, but you don't hear me bitchin' about being screwed by a seller, do ya? Huh, do ya?

Never bought from a TV show either... I got your "quaint" right here.

Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... 744742

I'm sure folks that were still using Horses & Buggies long after their time had passed had similar arguments. Precious, just precious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Some of us still can use one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:55 pm

porschefan wrote:

Your Honor, distinguished members of the Jury, friends - I rest my case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:59 pm

Docrwm wrote:
porschefan wrote:

Your Honor, distinguished members of the Jury, friends - I rest my case.

C'mon, deep down inside, deep in the south, you're just dieing to be this:
Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... BendTexasDrEdwardDossNHorse1006HMoore
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 5:03 pm

First of all, I LOVE that watch!! Found this site on Ebay; lots of NOS and vintage Stainless Steel bracelets, a few similar to the original Heuer. Pricey though, but a possible source:

http://stores.ebay.com/Timesofplenty-Vintage-Watch-Bands
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 5:05 pm

cski wrote:
First of all, I LOVE that watch!! Found this site on Ebay; lots of NOS and vintage Stainless Steel bracelets, a few similar to the original Heuer. Pricey though, but a possible source:

Very cool find.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 5:06 pm

cski wrote:

Thanks for getting Doc back on topic. Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... 803574

Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... 779569
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:51 pm

Wow !!! Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_eek SO many terrific bracelets, and links ! Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_smile
Here are a just a couple more places for you DMB !
Good luck !!! Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... 803574

http://www.watchstyle.com/pi1060247585.htm

http://www.watch-band-center.com/watchstrap-s692h689-SOLID-22mm.html

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:23 pm

Suck it up and get a mesh you *$#*#!

You need to put a vintage style bracelet on that watch. Mesh, beads of rice, etc. Anything else would look out of place in my not very humble opinion Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_wink .
Back to top Go down
DMB
Associate
DMB

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 12:48 am

Thanks for all the replies guys, and yea ... a beads of rice would look the business. But where to find one?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 9:39 am

I did a search and could not find any BOR bracelets besides Omega stuff with curved end links. If you can't find one, just get a mesh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 5:55 pm

cali kid wrote:

David, send me your address and i will send you a 22mm watchadoo!

Trevor

cheers

Good stuff, Trevor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 5:55 pm

dshap wrote:
I did a search and could not find any BOR bracelets besides Omega stuff with curved end links. If you can't find one, just get a mesh.

Omega mesh would be great as well. Always looks good on big, vintage watches.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 6:03 pm

David, Check some of these mesh bracelets out...https://xtrememeantime.forumotion.com/parts-mod-links-and-reference-f11/for-you-mesh-freaks-t4810.htm?highlight=mesh

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 6:03 pm

This dealer's bracelets and mesh come pretty highly recommended.

http://stores.ebay.com/Seiko150m-shop
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 6:05 pm

Maybe a Zinex mesh...they may sell you one.

Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:37 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....   Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet .... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help needed finding a cool metal bracelet ....
Page 1 of 1