The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ready for the GRIEF...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Ready for the GRIEF... Empty
PostSubject: Ready for the GRIEF...   Ready for the GRIEF... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:18 pm

But I am psyched that FAVRE may be playing for Minnesota again this year...

Brett Favre returned to the Minnesota Vikings team facility on Tuesday in a move that made all but certain that he will rejoin them for a 20th NFL season.

The Vikings said Wednesday that Favre would speak to reporters after the team's 12:40 p.m. ET practice.

PAPER: Vikings to sweeten Favre's contract to as much as $20 million

Favre flew to Minnesota from Mississippi after teammates Jared Allen, Ryan Longwell and Steve Hutchinson arrived at his home to recruit him to back to the team.

Brett Favre returned to the Vikings on Tuesday.
CAPTION
By David Joles, AP
Hutchinson told NFL Network the team asked him, Longwell and Allen to fly to Favre's home on Monday and that they did not know if he would return when they left.

"We told him how much all the guys loved playing with him and that we would love to do it again," Hutchinson told NFLN. "We also told him that if he didn't want to do it, then congratulations, you deserve it. You've had an incredible career, but we've got to know one way or another."

He told NFLN the players were sent basically to tell Favre the team needed an answer, and that Favre eventually agreed to join them back with the Vikings.

Favre did most of the talking in an hours-long conversation, Hutchinson said, and raved about the "special bond" he had created with Vikings teammates.

Then, Hutchinson told NFLN, Favre simply said, "OK, let's do it."

Vikings T Bryant McKinnie said on ESPN's SportsCenter that he spoke with Favre at the team facility and that the QB "seemed excited."

The Vikings did not confirm that Favre would play this season, but said coach Brad Childress will speak on Wednesday. They said they hadn't yet determined when Favre would make a public statement.

McKinnie said he joked with Favre about his return. Favre's response, McKinnie said, was "Yeah, people are going to think it's because of the money but it's not."

Favre, whose return came exactly one year since news first broke of his deal with the Vikings in 2009, originally signed a two-year contract. He said earlier in August, amid news that the Vikings might sweeten his contract for this year, that money would not be the deciding factor for him.

Favre, 40, was set to meet with Dr. James Andrews last week to discuss the state of his surgically repaired left ankle. He has said consistently through the offseason that he needed to be sure his body could endure another NFL season.

The Vikings' second preseason game is scheduled for Sunday in San Francisco, a nationally-televised game on NBC against the 49ers. It's unknown if Favre will be available to play.

Here are some things to think about with Favre bound for a 20th NFL season:

* Saints D-coordinator Gregg Williams, whose team faces the Vikings in the opener on Sept. 9, said his team will target Favre if he suits up for the Vikings.
* ESPN analyst Tedy Bruschi said Tuesday that he would have "lost respect" for the Vikings if they went to Mississippi to beg Favre to come back.
* One person who didn't seem ebullient at Favre's return was QB Tarvaris Jackson, who would likely be the Vikings' starter if Favre were not to play.
* Favre is returning 23 days prior to opening day. Childress said in late July that Favre would need "2-3 weeks" of preparation time in order to play.
* Where he's coming from: The injuries Favre suffered in the Vikings' NFC title game loss to the Saints left him with memorable bruises on his ankle and legs.
* Look back on a timeline of what Favre has said about a potential return since January in our Favre Watch 2010.
* This list may change, but look at the list of Top 10 moments in Favre's NFL career created this month by USA TODAY's Nate Davis.

-- Sean Leahy

Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Ready for the GRIEF...   Ready for the GRIEF... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:30 pm

Hum... Let's see if they can get to the playoffs. Their division is not so hot, but the bears usually hang tough.

on the other side of the league Cinci looks to be able to do something nice and don't count the Texans out.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Ready for the GRIEF...   Ready for the GRIEF... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:58 pm

Still a Packers fan either way....... Ready for the GRIEF... 745499

Ready for the GRIEF... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Ready for the GRIEF...   Ready for the GRIEF... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 4:15 pm

I think that he will play this year ! Ready for the GRIEF... 803574 ..As long as
he loves the game, and can play the game as good
as he does, then he should play for years to come
in my opinion !

PostSubject: Re: Ready for the GRIEF...   Ready for the GRIEF... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 4:38 pm

He's on the filed dressed and ready to play. As I Vikes fan, it should be a good year.

Ready for the GRIEF... Brett-081810-24--nfl_medium_540_360
Ready for the GRIEF... Brett-081810-22--nfl_medium_540_360
Ready for the GRIEF... Brett-081810-21--nfl_medium_540_360
Ready for the GRIEF... Brett-081810-34--nfl_medium_540_360
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Ready for the GRIEF...   Ready for the GRIEF... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 4:40 pm

YEAH!

Sorry Green Bay Fans, but BRETT FREAKING ROCKS !

PostSubject: Re: Ready for the GRIEF...   Ready for the GRIEF... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 4:40 pm

Nice access, WP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ready for the GRIEF...   Ready for the GRIEF... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 4:42 pm

porschefan wrote:
Nice access, WP.

Ooop! Credit to Vikings.com

More pics here:
http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/photo-gallery/Favre-Back-At-Practice---818/a3b23010-d8b1-4736-a04c-a6a33ea63218
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Ready for the GRIEF...   Ready for the GRIEF... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:10 pm

LOL I too thought you were right there, Dan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ready for the GRIEF...   Ready for the GRIEF... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:04 pm

Ha ha! Never been to a training camp for the Vikes. That would be about 6 hour drive for me. Packers camp is about 30 minutes away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ready for the GRIEF...   Ready for the GRIEF... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:48 pm

Sorry, but I think Favre sucks...tired of the annual "I'm retired...no, wait, I'm not" bullshit. this drama queen just can't accept the loss of adulation that retirement brings.

Let's see: this will make it the third time he's retired. Too bad he's not playing hockey — he'd have a hat trick.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Ready for the GRIEF...   Ready for the GRIEF... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:51 pm

How many times did Jordan retire? I honestly can't remember...

PostSubject: Re: Ready for the GRIEF...   Ready for the GRIEF... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:56 pm

Anomaly wrote:
How many times did Jordan retire? I honestly can't remember...

Twice.

from the not-always-reliable Wikipedia:
"Although Jordan abruptly retired from basketball at the beginning of the 1993–94 NBA season to pursue a career in baseball, he rejoined the Bulls in 1995 and led them to three additional championships (1996, 1997, and 1998) as well as an NBA-record 72 regular-season wins in the 1995–96 NBA season. Jordan retired for a second time in 1999, but returned for two more NBA seasons in 2001 as a member of the Washington Wizards."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ready for the GRIEF...   Ready for the GRIEF... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:39 pm

I have a saying - Like your players, love your team. Being a Vikes fan, I get asked alot if I think he's coming back. My response has always been, I don't think about it. I don't follow preseason or training camp BS - but I'm full-on for the regular games. Whoever is the QB for the game, I support. Is Favre better than the other QBs? Yes, but I won't get all worked up over any shananigans before the real bullets fly.

Basically, if he's there I'll support him. If not, I support T-Jack or Rosenfels. Remeber, Gus Frerotte won 10 games with the Vikes two years ago. The team is much better now, with or without Favre.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ready for the GRIEF...   Ready for the GRIEF... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:11 am

Look at the bright side guys, At leats the NFL has a playoff system that works and ultimately a league champion that has played to that level.
College Football has that f'd up BCS baloney. With that said "Go Ducks"
Kevin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ready for the GRIEF...   Ready for the GRIEF... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:51 am

I heard on ESPN Radio this morning that Favre says this will be his last year.....

Only guy in the league that is so full of himself that he comes back from retirement, then talks about retiring again next year without ever reporting to camp.....dickweed....
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Ready for the GRIEF...   Ready for the GRIEF... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:02 pm

25or6to4 wrote:
I heard on ESPN Radio this morning that Favre says this will be his last year.....

Only guy in the league that is so full of himself that he comes back from retirement, then talks about retiring again next year without ever reporting to camp.....dickweed....

He's the guy you LOVE or the guy you LOVE to HATE...

...but yeah, how many players can say they played TWENTY SEASONS?

Is he cocky? Sure he is...

But Jimmy Connors once said "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up..."

Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Ready for the GRIEF...   Ready for the GRIEF... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:09 pm

25or6to4 wrote:
.....dickweed....
lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ready for the GRIEF...   Ready for the GRIEF... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ready for the GRIEF...
Page 1 of 1