The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AD anniversary bash

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

AD anniversary bash Empty
PostSubject: AD anniversary bash   AD anniversary bash Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 3:55 pm

Every year, the AD that I frequent holds a party after hours by invite only and again I was on the invited list. I guess I'm considered a high roller now!

This year's date is 9/24/10. During the day through 5pm there will be reps from the various brands showcasing new stuff, etc. Last year, reps from Panerai, TAG, Cartier, Rolex atended. Beginning at 6pm is the after hours party, food, drink, etc.

I spent about 2-3 hours there last year talking watches and trying on new stuff. I'm interested in seeing some things that were at this year's Basel Fair like the TAG Monaco Concept 24 and maybe the Pendelum Carrera.

It's a great relaxed atmosphere with no sales pressure whatsoever (not that this AD ever does) and the reps are very cool to let you try anything on.

Cartier, while not everyone's brand, usually has some top end stuff like tourbillons, etc. panerai alsways has some neat offerings as well.

Of course, I'll hit the Patek and Choppard case while I'm there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AD anniversary bash   AD anniversary bash Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:04 pm

Sounds like fun. Nice that you have a good AD. Haven't ever been able to find one myself.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: AD anniversary bash   AD anniversary bash Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:09 pm

Work it you WIS ROCK STAR!

PostSubject: Re: AD anniversary bash   AD anniversary bash Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:23 pm

One watch I love is the Cartier Santos XL. They make a version that has a rose bezel, black dial, on sail cloth. Had it on many times but I think the price is insane at somewhere near 10k.

AD anniversary bash Movadobaby_2118_678205858

Of course, the Roadster is a dream watch for me, too. Should have bought one when they were abou $4k.......
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: AD anniversary bash   AD anniversary bash Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:51 pm

And you'll wear the Dee & Ricky?

Now THAT would be a riot.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: AD anniversary bash   AD anniversary bash Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:55 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:
And you'll wear the Dee & Ricky?

Now THAT would be a riot.

Oh yeah...

...if you got REAL WIS BALLS, you will wear the Dee and Ricky!

bounce bounce

PostSubject: Re: AD anniversary bash   AD anniversary bash Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 5:29 pm

Haha!! I just might do that and ask if they have any watches with a 1/1000 second chronograph for under $150 and can take a pounding in the process.

I'm sure someone will offer me the Milgauss off their wrist for it but it would def have to be the one with the green crystal!!

AD anniversary bash 744742
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: AD anniversary bash   AD anniversary bash Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:08 pm

Hey, this seems like a fantastic watch store you have
there WP ! AD anniversary bash 803574 Almost sounds like a mini-Basel show !!!
..Would be nice if more stores did stuff like this imho.
Oh, and yes that would be something else if you do
wear your new G-Shock to this ! AD anniversary bash Icon_cheers ..COOL Cartier
there by the way also !

PostSubject: Re: AD anniversary bash   AD anniversary bash Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AD anniversary bash
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: