A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !
 
HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQRegisterLog in

Share
 

 MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

Posts : 701
Join date : 2009-09-15

MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Empty
PostSubject: MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet   MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 4:08 pm

I have owned 2 Marina Militare watches in the past and enjoyed both of them. But they both had leather straps on them that I did not like. So over time I either traded or sold both of them. But I loved the "Pan-style" look of the case. Obviously it is a homage to the Panerai line of watches.

When Manbushijie started selling the MM's with the full "Pan-style" bracelet I knew I would be getting another one. After looking at all of the options with bracelets (You can see the options HERE) I decided on the 44mm Marina Militare Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto - THIS ONE

I ordered the watch on August 18th and it just arrived today on September 4th - so almost 2 1/2 weeks for it to arrive from Hong Kong. But it was packed VERY nicely in a styrophone box with additional bubble wrapping around the watch. Much better then other HK watches I have received in the past.

This automatic watch is listed at $116 BUT when you register on the Manbushijie site the prices all DROP. So I got this beauty for $89 total, which included shipping. A great deal for a solid auto watch.

The watch has nice weight and the bracelet is solid and nice. It rattles a little, but no where near as much as some others I have had in the past. The movement is smooth and the overall look is sweet. The watch is listed at 44mm but it wears larger because of the big crown guard.

I just measured and the TOTAL size of the case, including crown guard is 50mm

Being REALLY picky, the only con I can find is that the LUM is a little weak. And if you look really really hard in a few tiny tiny tiny places you can see that the LUM might have been applied a little less cleanly then it could have, but you have to look really really close to see what I am talking about. You really can not see it when just looking at the watch. Overall I am very pleased, especially at $89 dollars total

BRAND: Marina Militare
MOVEMENT: Power Reserve automatic
CASE DIAMETER: 44 mm without crown
THICKNESS: 17mm
DIAL COLOR: black dial
CASE MATERIAL: Polished 316L stainless steel case case with back and Polished bezel
BRACELET: stainless steel bracelet
FRONT GLASS: scratch proof mineral glass
BACK GLASS: Solid Case back with insignia
Clasp type: Deployment Buckle
HACK MOVEMENT: Yes

And my pictures -

MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Mm

MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Mm1

MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Mm2

MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Mm3

MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Mm4

MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Mm5

MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Mm6


Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

Posts : 5375
Join date : 2009-12-06
Age : 53
Location : North of Syracuse NY

MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Empty
PostSubject: Re: MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet   MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 5:57 pm

Great looking watch for under $100.....nice!!

____________________________________
Later, Gary

MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Posts : 7125
Join date : 2009-11-13
Age : 54
Location : Tampa, Florida

MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Empty
PostSubject: Re: MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet   MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 8:00 pm

Good looking watch James...

How is the lume?

Does it come in a brushed version?

What other Panerai styles does the guy "homage?"

Does he have a link?

Enjoy the new watch!

____________________________________
MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet ANOMALYSIG2A-1
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

Posts : 701
Join date : 2009-09-15

MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Empty
PostSubject: Re: MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet   MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:26 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Good looking watch James...

How is the lume?

Does it come in a brushed version?

What other Panerai styles does the guy "homage?"

Does he have a link?

Enjoy the new watch!

I just realized the links in my original post did not work - here is the link to all the ones with the bracelets on the site - remember to register (free) to see lower prices. A lot of different movement options, etc - http://www.manbushijie.com/products-3.html
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Posts : 7125
Join date : 2009-11-13
Age : 54
Location : Tampa, Florida

MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Empty
PostSubject: Re: MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet   MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:43 pm

TVDinner wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Good looking watch James...

How is the lume?

Does it come in a brushed version?

What other Panerai styles does the guy "homage?"

Does he have a link?

Enjoy the new watch!

I just realized the links in my original post did not work - here is the link to all the ones with the bracelets on the site - remember to register (free) to see lower prices. A lot of different movement options, etc - http://www.manbushijie.com/products-3.html

Thanks for the link...

I think i would kinda feel...weird (for lack of a better word)...buying an MM after owning the real deal, does that make me a SNOB? MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet 744742

James, having many Oris watches, would you feel...weird...buy that Invicta scooby that looks just like the Oris (in fact you may have bought the quartz if I remember right)?


____________________________________
MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet ANOMALYSIG2A-1
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

Posts : 1936
Join date : 2010-01-06

MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Empty
PostSubject: Re: MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet   MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:46 pm


Nice - But I don't get what is Stereoscopic.
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

Posts : 701
Join date : 2009-09-15

MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Empty
PostSubject: Re: MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet   MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:49 pm

Anomaly wrote:
TVDinner wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Good looking watch James...

How is the lume?

Does it come in a brushed version?

What other Panerai styles does the guy "homage?"

Does he have a link?

Enjoy the new watch!

I just realized the links in my original post did not work - here is the link to all the ones with the bracelets on the site - remember to register (free) to see lower prices. A lot of different movement options, etc - http://www.manbushijie.com/products-3.html

Thanks for the link...

I think i would kinda feel...weird (for lack of a better word)...buying an MM after owning the real deal, does that make me a SNOB? MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet 744742

James, having many Oris watches, would you feel...weird...buy that Invicta scooby that looks just like the Oris (in fact you may have bought the quartz if I remember right)?


forget the Invicta Scooby - the Deep Blue 1000M I have is pretty close to the Oris in shape of case, etc.

I just realized that I would never ever ever own a Pan but really loved the look. I just wont have that kind of scratch for one so this was the next best thing for me. The only reason this is not an outright replica is because they brand it with their own name, but it is pretty close (in looks). I wold never ever ever buy an illegal replica with the actual name of the copied watch, so this is about as close as I can get.

For you, I get it. You actually DID own a PAN.

Jaw - I have no idea what Stereoscopic is and there is another one for sale on that page that is exactly the same and does not have that titel - so I think it is a sales thing or somehow relates to the dial pattern. who knows.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Posts : 7125
Join date : 2009-11-13
Age : 54
Location : Tampa, Florida

MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Empty
PostSubject: Re: MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet   MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:55 pm

TVDinner wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
TVDinner wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Good looking watch James...

How is the lume?

Does it come in a brushed version?

What other Panerai styles does the guy "homage?"

Does he have a link?

Enjoy the new watch!

I just realized the links in my original post did not work - here is the link to all the ones with the bracelets on the site - remember to register (free) to see lower prices. A lot of different movement options, etc - http://www.manbushijie.com/products-3.html

Thanks for the link...

I think i would kinda feel...weird (for lack of a better word)...buying an MM after owning the real deal, does that make me a SNOB? MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet 744742

James, having many Oris watches, would you feel...weird...buy that Invicta scooby that looks just like the Oris (in fact you may have bought the quartz if I remember right)?


forget the Invicta Scooby - the Deep Blue 1000M I have is pretty close to the Oris in shape of case, etc.

I just realized that I would never ever ever own a Pan but really loved the look. I just wont have that kind of scratch for one so this was the next best thing for me. The only reason this is not an outright replica is because they brand it with their own name, but it is pretty close (in looks). I wold never ever ever buy an illegal replica with the actual name of the copied watch, so this is about as close as I can get.

For you, I get it. You actually DID own a PAN.

Jaw - I have no idea what Stereoscopic is and there is another one for sale on that page that is exactly the same and does not have that titel - so I think it is a sales thing or somehow relates to the dial pattern. who knows.

Good points James...

...I've been looking at the site, they do have some pretty good HOMAGES.

____________________________________
MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet ANOMALYSIG2A-1
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Empty
PostSubject: Re: MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet   MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 11:12 pm

I am not a Panerai fan. I believe what they did in getting a patent and then a TM for their crown guard violates the fundamental precepts of the laws involved and they were only able to do it because of their shear wealth.

That said, I do not countenance fakes.

These are fakes, pure and simple. You can call them what you will but they are not ok in my book.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

Posts : 1936
Join date : 2010-01-06

MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Empty
PostSubject: Re: MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet   MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 11:14 pm

Thanks TV - I used to do Stereoscopic CGI for theme parks rides.
So that's what caught my eye.

Completely agree with the Panny Homage buy.
Exactly why I bought my IWI Marine Diver.
The only way I'll ever get close to owning one.
So far it has mitigated my Panerai urge for several years now.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere
avatar

Posts : 14793
Join date : 2009-08-25
Age : 47
Location : New Jersey

MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Empty
PostSubject: Re: MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet   MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 1:58 am

Nice James !!! MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Icon_smile ..You are on a roll lately with all of the
different watches you have been picking up ! ..WOW !!!
This new Marina Militare of yours is very impressive looking !
It's a REALLY eye-catching design from front to back, and
side to side. The look is of course classic, and it honestly
looks like Marina Militare did an amazing job of sticking to
all of the details. For starters, the case looks incredibly
smooth ! The shape is SUPER, and so is the way it's sits
on your wrist. It looks GREAT ! ..The size looks perfect
as well. Not to mention it looks well made, along with
comfortable !!! MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet 803574 ..Some REAL NICE details on this dial
also with the 12, 6, and 9 mixing with the cool marker
style. Also liking the hands, as well as that power reserve
indicator. MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Icon_cyclops ..One of the best parts imho, has to be these
crown protectors. The way they wrap themselves around
the crown looks FANTASTIC, and it doesn't hurt that it
actually protects the crown either I guess ! MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Icon_cheers ..Moving
on to the bracelet here is pretty FUN ! Just the shapes
that are in this style of bracelet is cool enough. You have
the half circle style in some places, mixing with the more
traditional link patterns. Then the fit, and finish seem
excellent, and you can even notice that from the back.
..Terrific clasp, and case-back on there as well James !!!
This looks like a neat way to get into a classic look !
..Congrats to you, and make sure you ENJOY this new
watch of yours !

Outstanding pics here also !!!

____________________________________
MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet NewSigcopy
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

Posts : 1372
Join date : 2010-06-26

MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Empty
PostSubject: Re: MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet   MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 3:20 am

very nice James!
I heard of the place you linked but never saw the site, nice the offer parts to put your own together.
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

Posts : 701
Join date : 2009-09-15

MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Empty
PostSubject: Re: MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet   MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 9:13 am

barnbuilder wrote:
very nice James!
I heard of the place you linked but never saw the site, nice the offer parts to put your own together.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Ron I have looked at the putting together your own watch on that site a few times and it is interesting. You can literally pick out each part of the watch and they will build it for you. Not a new idea, but pretty affordable on that site. I might try it someday with one of the sites out there since I can not build a watch like you can, lol
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

Posts : 701
Join date : 2009-09-15

MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Empty
PostSubject: Re: MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet   MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 9:23 am

Docrwm wrote:
I am not a Panerai fan. I believe what they did in getting a patent and then a TM for their crown guard violates the fundamental precepts of the laws involved and they were only able to do it because of their shear wealth.

That said, I do not countenance fakes.

These are fakes, pure and simple. You can call them what you will but they are not ok in my book.

I understand your point Docrwm but there is a big difference between a real illegal replica that copies everything about a watch INCLUDING THE NAME and pretends to be the real thing, and these MM watches. As stated above I would never purchase any fake illegal replica watch. The MM watches never put Panerai on the dial and anyone buying them knows they are not getting a Panerai. That is the big difference.

Finally, almost every single brand we see featured on this forum, or my forum, or almost any other watch forum - has features of another watch. Very very few are 100% original. Some borrow more features and looks then others. As you know there are literally TENS OF THOUSANDS of homages to the Rolex Sub and many others. These are not replicas because they don't say "Rolex" on the dial, but they are almost the same exact look at the watch they are based on.

Yesterday I was at the mall and walked by the Dakota Watch Company kiosk. They had about 500 inexpensive watches displayed. I think their most expensive watch is between $100-150. Every single watch they had out was a homage to another brands watch. Every single one. These are not illegal since they are branded "Dakota Watch Company" and no one is trying to pretend to be the real brand they are based on.

This IS NOT a thread about replicas or homages and is just about a new watch I got, lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Empty
PostSubject: Re: MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet   MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» MM Stereoscopic Dial Power Reserve Auto with bracelet
» power chips or modules
» Colley Reserve Meet April 10th RESULTS
» Duro Power-Grips ,25x8x12,25x10x12 $125.00
» Power Steering?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Who Are You, What Did You Just Get, What do you have? :: New Arrivals-
Jump to: