The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA

Go down 
+3
TAZMAN64
Anomaly
strutn45
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Empty
PostSubject: Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA   Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 8:43 am

Back to top Go down
strutn45
Senior Associate
strutn45

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA   Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:07 am

Sweet! Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA 939297
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA   Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:25 am

Getting one Greg?

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA   Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:30 am

Anomaly wrote:
Getting one Greg?

I'm on the wait list. I couldn't decide which combination to get, by the time I did it was gone. I have a feeling I will be able to get one if I want to, but probably not the one I wanted.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA   Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:33 am

nhwoods wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Getting one Greg?

I'm on the wait list. I couldn't decide which combination to get, by the time I did it was gone. I have a feeling I will be able to get one if I want to, but probably not the one I wanted.

They look MASSIVE!

Are there better pics on the site yet?

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA   Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:39 am

Anomaly wrote:
nhwoods wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Getting one Greg?

They look MASSIVE!

Are there better pics on the site yet?

They are Massive , that's another thing I struggled with is the size. There are pictures of the the Megladon I on the site , these are the first of the 2 that came in last night.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA   Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:43 am

I am ok up to about 50mm, if not TOO tall, just not sure about those lugs though...

Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Meg15big

...HEAVY curve in them.

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA   Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:54 am

Anomaly wrote:
I am ok up to about 50mm, if not TOO tall, just not sure about those lugs though...

Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Meg15big

...HEAVY curve in them.

The same worries I have. I have a little smaller then a 8 inch wrist and that curve is very drastic, so I'm worried about the lugs. That's a $1000 to put down to be unsure. You may have just convinced me to stay away from it. Run Away
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA   Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:56 am

Yeah, $1000 is a lot to put down on "not sure..."

Hopefully you ain't mad at me bounce

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA   Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:58 am

Anomaly wrote:
Yeah, $1000 is a lot to put down on "not sure..."

Hopefully you ain't mad at me bounce

LOL, nope cheers
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA   Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:00 am

I'm still considering a tungsten M6...

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA   Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:09 am

Anomaly wrote:
I'm still considering a tungsten M6...

I bought a M33

Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA 4973429759_393e611ce1_o
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA   Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:10 am

VERY COOL!

How is the PVD holding up?

(sorry for the thread jack) Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA 395667

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA   Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:13 am

Anomaly wrote:
VERY COOL!

Sorry , I haven't got yet it won't be finished until next month.

But I have 2 other PVD LUM-TEC's they are doing fine so far.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA   Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:23 am

nhwoods wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
VERY COOL!

Sorry , I haven't got yet it won't be finished until next month.

But I have 2 other PVD LUM-TEC's they are doing fine so far.

Cool, I have always been leery of PVD, I hear DLC is STRONG.

Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA   Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:21 pm

im on the list for a brushed orange meg, but i cant justify the 950.00 price after paying 650.00 for the first. its a great watch and at 650.00 it was a deal, i to didnt realy like the lugs but the rest of the watch was pretty cool and built like a tank. benarus seems to hold there price and in some cases go way up, look at the meg 1 and sea devil. i still kick myself for getting rid of the sea devil.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA   Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 7:08 pm

Greg, THAT is TOO COOL right there sir ! Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_eek .. Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_cool .. Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_cheers
..What a site to behold with all of those different watches,
along with the different variations, and dial colors ! Pretty
impressive to see, that is for sure. I like them ALL to be very
honest !!! ..That Lum-Tec is going to be out of this world
as well ! ..Thanks alot for this link !

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA   Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 7:16 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
Greg, THAT is TOO COOL right there sir ! Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_eek .. Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_cool .. Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_cheers

Thanks Tom, I had never seen anything like those different watches all grouped like that either. Then the lume shot was just crazy. I'm glad I was able to share it here.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA   Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 7:28 pm

nhwoods wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:

Thanks Tom, I had never seen anything like those different watches all grouped like that either. Then the lume shot was just crazy. I'm glad I was able to share it here.

You are very welcome Greg ! Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_smile ..Have never seen anything like that either ! ..Neat stuff !!!
..Thank YOU once again for this !

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA   Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 7:56 pm

TAZMAN64 wrote:
im on the list for a brushed orange meg, but i cant justify the 950.00 price after paying 650.00 for the first. its a great watch and at 650.00 it was a deal, i to didnt realy like the lugs but the rest of the watch was pretty cool and built like a tank. benarus seems to hold there price and in some cases go way up, look at the meg 1 and sea devil. i still kick myself for getting rid of the sea devil.

Benarus does make a great watch. The prices do hold up well and as you mentioned, some increase. The megladon is a massive beast....great looking but, massive! Not sure how this one will hold up on the resale side. I'm guessing not quite as well as other models.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA   Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:59 pm

I've got three Benarus watches. Two Sea Devils and a Moray. I like them and believe they are worth the $350 pre order I paid for them. The ones I have are the only watches I have that I know I can sell today for more than I paid. You can't say that about many companies, old Swiss or forum micro brands. That said, I just could'nt see paying about $800 for the first series. I was tempted at the initial price they were offered at but they kept raising it up. I like a lot about the design of the Meg but the case size and price are too large for me.
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA   Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:04 pm

I like the megladon. Too expensive at this point though.
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA   Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 1:16 am

Northwestguy wrote:
TAZMAN64 wrote:

Benarus does make a great watch. The prices do hold up well and as you mentioned, some increase. The megladon is a massive beast....great looking but, massive! Not sure how this one will hold up on the resale side. I'm guessing not quite as well as other models.
yeah john, i agree with you. lg watches were in when the reserve list came out and now a lot of collectors are dumping there lg watches. i would think you can get a great deal on a used one in a few months. steve
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA   Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:43 pm

I love the RED carbon fiber version is awesome. I would love that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA   Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Benarus Megladon II Arrives in the USA
Page 1 of 1