The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FS: Mido Multifort Chronograph with Top Grade Movement

Go down 
AuthorMessage

FS: Mido Multifort Chronograph with Top Grade Movement Empty
PostSubject: FS: Mido Multifort Chronograph with Top Grade Movement   FS: Mido Multifort Chronograph with Top Grade Movement Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My Mido Multifort Automatic Chronograph has kept superb time. The pushers are smooth and operate with crisp let off. The crown turns and threads easily. The deployant is firm and locks with authority. The strap is well padded near the watch head, which gives the strap some firmness, and tapers rapidly to an unpadded strap on the underside of the wrist. It is comfortable and best of all for me is the first and only factory strap that was long enough to wear out of the box! The mirror finish on the upper surfaces some hairlines and the fit and finish is better than any watch I have ever owned (including my only long-gone Rolex). The lume lasts throughout the night and while dimmer than some of my Seikos is readable in a darkened room after sitting on the bedstand for ~8 hours. The hands are easier to read on the Champaign dial than many because they are outlined in black. The display back is one of the best features as the movement is a wonderful and mesmerizing combination of beauty and function that captivates and fascinates at the same time. The following is taken from my review of the watch:

The Mido technical specifications on their website included the following:
"Technical characteristics Mido® 1320 calibre (based on the ETA Valjoux 7750) Ø 131/4’’’ or 30.00 mm, thickness: 7.90 mm, 25 rubies, 28 800 A/H, 165 components, power reserve in excess of 42 hours, INCABLOC and NIVACOURBE shock absorbers, GLUCYDUR balance-wheel, NIVAROX I balance spring, NIVAFLEX NO barrel spring, burnished screws, circular-grained bars, oscillating weight with Côtes de Genève and engraved Mido® logo."

Here was some information that helped. So, the movement reportedly has INCABLOC and NIVACOURBE shock absorbers, GLUCYDUR balance-wheel, NIVAROX I balance spring, and NIVAFLEX NO barrel spring. This seemed to fit with what Mike had said about how to tell, but were these improvements or the standard components? Well, why not ask Mike? He responded with:
“The "ingredients" you mentioned for sure are what I’d call the "key components" of a "high grade" movement. I sum it up:
Balance wheel: Glucydur vs Ni
Hairspring: Nivarox 1 versus Nivarox 2 or Anachron (ETA)
Mainspring and barrel material: Nivaflex NO vs NivaflexNM
Shock protection: Etachron vs Incabloc vs KIF.
Incabloc is more expensive than the Etachron shock protection and belongs to the "top" and "chronometre" grades of ETA. NIVACOURBE is a patented spring treatment by ETA. The open spring end is treated with heat in order to prevent deformation of the spring in case of a shock. This treatment is named: ETA SA: "ETASTABLE"
NIVAROX-FAR: 'NIVACOURBE"
Most of the mechanical-ETA-movements can be ordered with ETASTABLE if you are willing to add some $$. Certainly a "high end module". Nivarox 1 is the best quality of Nivarox (1-5 is available). 0...0,5 sec deviation within 24 h on a change of temperature of 1º. I’ve to admit: very technical thing. The movement you described imho must be a "Top" or "Chronometre" movement.”

The technical specifications of the Mido Multifort Automatic Chronograph:
·Champagne Dial with shadowed Arabic numerals
·Black hands with Superluminova fill on main timekeeping hands
·Tachometer scale in blue (Speedometer for distance of 1000m, scale from 50 to 250km/h) and seconds scale in black
·316L surgical grade solid stainless steel case 43mm
·Scratch-resistant anti-reflecting sapphire crystal
·Transparent mineral caseback
·Screwed back and crown
·'Conical' chronograph buttons
·100 meters (330 feet) water resistance & quipped with the Aquadura crown sealing system – “it's swimming, shower and sauna resistant”
·Fine padded Leather strap with steel butterfly deployant clasp engraved with Mido
·Super-LumiNova® on hands and numerals
·Decorated and fine elaborate Swiss Made Mido® 1320 calibre (based on the ETA Valjoux 7750) automatic movement:
·Adjusted in 5 different positions
·25 rubies
·28,800 A/H
·165 components
·INCABLOC and NIVA-COURBE shock-absorber
·GLUCYDUR balance wheel
·ANACHRON and NIVAFLEX hair and mainspring with power reserve in excess of 45 hours
·Blue screws, pearled bridges, and oscillating weight with Côtes de Genève and engraved Mido® logo
·Hacking and hand winding
·Time: hour and minute hands, small second at '9', date and day window at '3'
·Chrono: central 60-second-counter, 30-minute-counter at '12', and 12-hour-counter at '6'
·Quickset day and date with day indication in English

Comes with all boxes and papers. Original Mido strap and deployant (used but in good shape - deployant has usual desk-diver marks). $850 shipped including PP fees (for US delivery - others ask about shipping).
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

FS: Mido Multifort Chronograph with Top Grade Movement Empty
PostSubject: Re: FS: Mido Multifort Chronograph with Top Grade Movement   FS: Mido Multifort Chronograph with Top Grade Movement Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 3:13 pm

Wow Doc ! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] This Mido of yours is stunning both inside
and out ! ..Never thought we would see you sell this one.
..Good luck though !

FS: Mido Multifort Chronograph with Top Grade Movement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: The Lounge Sales Forum :: Watch Sales & Trades-
Jump to: