The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RIDICULOUS "trademarks"...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

RIDICULOUS "trademarks"... Empty
PostSubject: RIDICULOUS "trademarks"...   RIDICULOUS "trademarks"... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:23 am

There are some watches that have SIGNATURE features, trademark designs we LOVE...

But what about the ones you see and go WTF?

For me it's Graham:

RIDICULOUS "trademarks"... GRAHAM+Chronofighter+Oversize+Deep+Black

What is up with the WATER PUMP crown guards???

Take those off and they have decent looking watches...

...I just don't get it.

Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: RIDICULOUS "trademarks"...   RIDICULOUS "trademarks"... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:46 am

RIDICULOUS "trademarks"... 196544 I'd like to see who buys these
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: RIDICULOUS "trademarks"...   RIDICULOUS "trademarks"... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:40 pm

I think sometimes watch companies try to figure out a
way to differentiate themselves from other companies,
as well as what they might be doing with their watches.
At times it's a hit, and sometimes it's a miss ! RIDICULOUS "trademarks"... Icon_smile To tell
the truth the Grahams look pretty cool imho. The overall
size of the watch would probably be way to big for me
though !

PostSubject: Re: RIDICULOUS "trademarks"...   RIDICULOUS "trademarks"... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 2:07 pm

i see where they went with this piece(trigger mech.) and it was much less effort for a pilot with gloves on to start and stop the chrono function and these days it is used by people in the auto racing industry! George Graham built the first stop watch back in the 17/18 century in London the heart of the watch making world at the time! I think in this age its more of what the pieces are about and its just their style of doing things and build tough watches that are to be used in tough enviroments. Love them or hate at least they are doing it their way, Pat over at DWC has one and loves it!

little more about the company..

http://www.graham-london.com/en-gb/company/history.aspx

ps not all graham watches have the trigger mech!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIDICULOUS "trademarks"...   RIDICULOUS "trademarks"... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 3:33 pm

Here is a you tube vidoe of the chrono fighter at Breitling source.

http://blog.breitlingsource.com/
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: RIDICULOUS "trademarks"...   RIDICULOUS "trademarks"... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 7:25 pm

GREAT website and video Trevor ! RIDICULOUS "trademarks"... 803574 Thanks !!!
..I liked how when I was reading some of Graham's
history it talked about how he would share many
of his innovations with others ! ..That was VERY
COOL of him ! ..Seems like there is alot of history
with Graham. The size of the Chronofighter in the
video (42-44mm) looked pretty NICE by the way.
..Also like the Swordfish, along with a few others !

Associate
ramirez1970

PostSubject: Re: RIDICULOUS "trademarks"...   RIDICULOUS "trademarks"... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:15 am

For me, Romain Jerome, particularly their signature "DNA" watches, just make me shake my head. They are also the same company that produced a double tourbillon "day/night" watch with no hands (i.e. you can't tell time with it) that cost ~ $300,000.
RIDICULOUS "trademarks"... Romain-jerome-moon-dust-dna-real-moon-dust-1
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: RIDICULOUS "trademarks"...   RIDICULOUS "trademarks"... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:48 am

Is that one supposed to be moon rock or something?

Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: RIDICULOUS "trademarks"...   RIDICULOUS "trademarks"... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 1:56 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Is that one supposed to be moon rock or something?

Keeping their successful innovative pattern unaltered and adding some more enhancements, Romain Jeromeenriched its DNA-Famous Legends with another amazing exclusive linewhich incorporates materials taken from the Soyuz space-shuttles,space-suits and other space-equipments which accompanied man in hisfirst spaceflight that landed on the Moon. Romain Jerome Moon Dust Collection- released subsequently to the famous Titanic-DNA Collection,pays a great tribute to the legendary Moon landing of Apollo 11thfeeding the imagination of space passionate dreamers and providing justa little personal piece of space and lunar dust attached to the theirwrist. The watches are manufactured from a priceless combination of inaccessible materials: the eye-catching dial,fitted with tiny little craters, portraying the lunar landscape,incorporates genuine Moon dust collected from the rocks brought fromthe Apollo 11th expedition. The robust case,measuring 46 mm in diameter, is manufactured from titanium and steel,and incorporates small amounts of the Apollo 11th space-shuttle; thewatch’s strap incorporates parts of the space-suitsworn on the Moon. All these materials are legally certified inSwitzerland by the ASE-The Association of Space Explorers; Romain Jerome produced 1,969 Moon-Dust-DNA timepieces, a number which marks the year of the emblematic space odyssey of Apollo 11th and will probably be fitted with stratospheric prices between $15,000.00 up to $50,000.00.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: RIDICULOUS "trademarks"...   RIDICULOUS "trademarks"... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 2:25 pm

Thanks Ron!

PostSubject: Re: RIDICULOUS "trademarks"...   RIDICULOUS "trademarks"... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIDICULOUS "trademarks"...
Page 1 of 1