The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I can't freakin' win...

Go down 
+8
Northwestguy
ramirez1970
TVDinner
smellody
Breez
jackprime1
AtomicTom
Anomaly
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

I can't freakin' win... Empty
PostSubject: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:24 pm

Got the Steinhart back today, GMT hand is right, but...

I can't freakin' win... LintB

I can't freakin' win... LintA

Last edited by Anomaly on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:30 pm

pics no show
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:59 pm

Try now...

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:04 pm

Ouch! Inside or outside?
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:09 pm

Hobbit712 wrote:
Ouch! Inside or outside?

Inside, under crystal I can't freakin' win... 576327

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:28 pm

I think there is something to be said about the decision to buy from "real" brands vs the Steinharts of the world.

In a way, are they any different than, say, Invicta who outsources everything and sticks their logo on the dial?

Yes, they cost more but compare the product you purchased from Panerai and Brietling.

It comes down to expectations and cost. There are many satisfied customers of Steinhart/Grovana/DeBaufre but they dont compare to the big names yet we are accused of paying only for the name on the dial.

This is a good case of getting what you pay for.

Hope Gunter can make you whole.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:29 pm

So frustrated now...

Kinda KILLS the fun...

Will probably just return it... Sad

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:53 pm

Anomaly wrote:
So frustrated now...

Kinda KILLS the fun...

Will probably just return it... I can't freakin' win... Icon_sad

Can definitely understand your frustration Alan ! ..Like you said all of this is supposed
to be fun. Not something that makes you get stressed or feel disappointed. The other
day you mentioned the New Watch Curse (NWC) I can't freakin' win... Icon_eek ..and we tried to find some humor
in it, but it's still upsetting. ..Also want to add that returning the watch sounds like the
right thing to do. Either that, or try to get a brand NEW version of the watch ! ..Sorry
about all of this in any case ! ..Hopefully, the next time you open up a new watch it's
what it's supposed to be ! ..Fun ! I can't freakin' win... Icon_smile

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 5:01 pm

How do they not see that after they had the case open and worked on the watch? Don't they do an inspection before they return it to a customer? It wouldn't have cost them a thing and they would have kept a happy customer and not had these pictures all over the forum. Just not bright and so unnecessary. Sorry, but I'd return it and tell them to keep it.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 5:34 pm

Thanks Tom...think I am going to give Citizen a try!

Lot of truth to what you say Dan...

Spaceview...EXACTLY how can ANYONE miss that???????

Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 6:21 pm

this is one reason why I am really not that much of a fan of the micro brands. You truly do get what you pay for. You really cannot compare them to the higher end watches and I realized that first hand.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 6:59 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Thanks Tom...think I am going to give Citizen a try!

Lot of truth to what you say Dan...

Spaceview...EXACTLY how can ANYONE miss that???????

No problem Alan ! I can't freakin' win... Icon_smile ..Also think Citizen is worth giving a try. It might just be
the answer this time around ! ..Let's keep our fingers crossed !

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 7:06 pm

That is strike two, right?
I wouldn't give them another chance.

No fun indeed.
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 7:36 pm

That stinks.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:13 pm

Here is what someone said on the Steinhart WUS thread...

Lint really sucks. When I received my GMT it also had lint inside (3 specks) and I was quite disappointed. It just seems it's such an obvious thing for any assembly-line process to check & make sure it's completely clean when it's put together, especially when it's so easy to spot from the "outside".

In my case, a local watchmaker was nice enough to clean it for me no-charge, so I agree you should try to find one and have them do it instead of sending it back - assuming the movement is now working correctly.

My Response...

Sorry, but when I buy a new watch, I want a new PERFECT watch.

Not one that has to be sent back, not one that has to be taken to my local watch maker.

When I paid for my watch, I sent them PERFECT money; they didn't have to get it approved, they didn't accept one penny less than what they wanted, they got a PERFECT PAYMENT.

Sorry, but the hassle has left a bad taste in my mouth and I am 99% sure I will be returning it...

Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:28 pm

Dude, that stinks. Damn it.
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:47 pm

jackprime1 wrote:
this is one reason why I am really not that much of a fan of the micro brands. You truly do get what you pay for. You really cannot compare them to the higher end watches and I realized that first hand.

I agree with this statement 100% I am very concerned about all of the micro brands, no matter how slick their website is or amount of participation they make on the watch forums. Deep Blue so far has been a positive experience for me but have been a little hesitant to try others.

On your watch - I would return it. I agree that you deserve and PAID FOR a new watch without problems. There is no compromise in my opinion. would you buy a new car with a big dent? How about a noticeable scratch on the drivers side door? How about a crack in the windshield? Of course not. Send it back

sorry dude.
Back to top Go down
ramirez1970
Associate
ramirez1970

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:58 pm

I feel your pain. Really, that is inexcusable. Too bad because that's a pretty cool watch. After two attempts, I'd also return it for a refund.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:03 pm

Wisconsin Proud wrote:
I think there is something to be said about the decision to buy from "real" brands vs the Steinharts of the world.

In a way, are they any different than, say, Invicta who outsources everything and sticks their logo on the dial?

Yes, they cost more but compare the product you purchased from Panerai and Brietling.

It comes down to expectations and cost. There are many satisfied customers of Steinhart/Grovana/DeBaufre but they dont compare to the big names yet we are accused of paying only for the name on the dial.

This is a good case of getting what you pay for.

Hope Gunter can make you whole.

+1, you are not getting Breitling, Panerai or Rolex quality or care when buying these pieces and for the price that kind of stuff is ok!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:15 pm

I'm sure most of these smaller places don't even have a clean room where watches are put together. People don't understand the cost of alot of brands but stuff like keeping lent and dust out of a clean room cost money that these smaller brands just don't have!!
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:35 pm

Tough break Alan. I certainly feel for you. It's unfortunate the time and effort it is costing you let alone the emotional up/down. If you really like the watch, I'd try one more time. 3rd time is a charm!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: ..and even at that, I found a piece of lint in my SEIKO Marine Master...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:45 pm

cali kid wrote:
I'm sure most of these smaller places don't even have a clean room where watches are put together. People don't understand the cost of alot of brands but stuff like keeping lent and dust out of a clean room cost money that these smaller brands just don't have!!

..and even at that, I found a piece of lint on the dial of my SEIKO Marine Master after owning and wearing it nearly everyday for a year. One day it just appeared...

In some cases this is true what you say about small vs. large companies with clean rooms..What's also true is that we live on planet earth. Dust gets places. We're humans, and we're losing skin ALL the time..even in a clean room. Dust can even be tiny and stuck to a pinion or underside of a hand, and may not even be visible until it dislodges itself at a later time.

However, having said that, sending in your watch for work and having it come back with a nasty scratch on the dial is UNACCEPTABLE. Any company producing and providing service for their watches should replace a dial that's damaged by a watchmaker in the course of work.

Jake B

Last edited by Jake B on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 12:05 am

I think I need to send my watches to YOU so that you can give them the once over. If they pass your inspection, they are perfect.
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 1:31 am

ALAN, THAT TOTALY SUCKS!!!! im sory this has happend yet again. steve
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 1:45 am

sorry to hear about it again, send it back and have Steinhart fix it, it's a great looking watch
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:27 am

Breez wrote:
I think I need to send my watches to YOU so that you can give them the once over. If they pass your inspection, they are perfect.

LOL...that gotta laugh outta me!

Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 9:46 am

Total bummer man.
Feeling bad for pushing you into this one.
Some things just aren't meant to be.
My PO is cursed this way.
Hoping that eventually it will work its way out.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:00 am

jaw wrote:
Total bummer man.

Don't feel bad dude, I LIKE the watch but two issues now, just takes the FUN off it...

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:14 am

Anomaly wrote:
jaw wrote:
Total bummer man.

Don't feel bad dude, I LIKE the watch but two issues now, just takes the FUN off it...

You're not the first...I bought a "Ocean I GMT" from them back in '05 or so..The GMT hand didn't line up and was about 15 min behind. I was told by their customer service that they'd pay for the watchmaker's bill if I had the work done at my local watchmaker (This was one of the things that prompted me to learn to work on watches myself)...When the work was done, they were nowhere to be seen and failed to answer my emails. Needless to say I never bought another from them or their USA brand "DEBAUFRE" (They were forced to change names in North America after a pressing lawsuit from another company.."Steinhausen" I believe)...Crummiest part of it...I'm STILL getting their junkmail in my email box 5 years later I can't freakin' win... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:25 am

Jake B wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
jaw wrote:
Total bummer man.

You're not the first...I bought a "Ocean I GMT" from them back in '05 or so..The GMT hand didn't line up and was about 15 min behind. I was told by their customer service that they'd pay for the watchmaker's bill if I had the work done at my local watchmaker (This was one of the things that prompted me to learn to work on watches myself)...When the work was done, they were nowhere to be seen and failed to answer my emails. Needless to say I never bought another from them or their USA brand "DEBAUFRE" (They were forced to change names in North America after a pressing lawsuit from another company.."Steinhausen" I believe)...Crummiest part of it...I'm STILL getting their junkmail in my email box 5 years later I can't freakin' win... Suspect

Like others have said, they don't have the DUST FREE ROOMS of the larger manufactuers, BUT COME ON, this was SO obvious!

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:16 pm

I would be sooo pissed...

Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:16 am

I guess EVERY brand has their FANBOYS...

The guys over on the WUS STEINHART forum basically are saying, "hey man, I had lint under mine too, just take it to your local watchmaker and have it removed, Steinhart will reimburse you..."

They really are missing the POINT...

Add to the fact that I have sent about 6 emails now since discovering the lint and NO REPLY, I am getting more PISSED.

I guess I might have to open a report with Paypal...

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:47 am

Anomaly wrote:

The guys over on the WUS STEINHART forum basically are saying, "hey man, I had lint under mine too, just take it to your local watchmaker and have it removed, Steinhart will reimburse you..."

Yeah right...See my post above. I've been waiting since 2005 for my reimbursement (LOL) or even a reply to my email for that matter...I guess they've got quite a few to answer before getting to mine I can't freakin' win... Icon_wink My guess'd be you can expect a reply sometime after late 2015 I can't freakin' win... Suspect I can't freakin' win... Icon_rolleyes

Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Jake B wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

Yeah right...See my post above. I've been waiting since 2005 for my reimbursement (LOL) or even a reply to my email for that matter...I guess they've got quite a few to answer before getting to mine I can't freakin' win... Icon_wink My guess'd be you can expect a reply sometime after late 2015 I can't freakin' win... Suspect I can't freakin' win... Icon_rolleyes

FUN STUFF RIGHT? Evil or Very Mad

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:09 pm

Anomaly wrote:

FUN STUFF RIGHT? Evil or Very Mad

I remember at the time it Just made me pissed to the point where I ended up selling the watch 'cause I didn't want to advertize their brand on my wrist, and then it helped to inspire me to learn to work on watches myself since I'd been stuck with a CAD $100 + tax watchmaker's bill. I can't freakin' win... Icon_mad Sooo, in some sick and twisted way I have them in part to thank for where I am and what I do today
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...   I can't freakin' win... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I can't freakin' win...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: