The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saw a nice vintage at the Patriots game yesterday...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Saw a nice vintage at the Patriots game yesterday... Empty
PostSubject: Saw a nice vintage at the Patriots game yesterday...   Saw a nice vintage at the Patriots game yesterday... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:17 am

I went to the Patriots game yesterday...great seats, great game!! During halftime, I look to my right and notice a guy wearing an older Seiko diver...so, because I am a quirky WIS, I had to know what it was. I thought it was a 6105, but didn't know for sure. I finally got up and walked over to ask the guy. He was a pleasant fellow, who obviously didn't know anything about watches...he evidently got it from a girlfriend in the late 60's and has worn it as a casual watch off and on since. I asked if I could take a look at it and he let me see it. It was a 6205-8000 with minimal case scratches, nice waffle strap and only a few crystal scratches...the bezel was a little faded, but otherwise perfect...it was in outstanding condition for a over 40 year old watch, I would say a conservative 90% TZ rating.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera... but it looked exactly like the watch on the LHS of this picture (from SDR):

Saw a nice vintage at the Patriots game yesterday... Memorial_Day_2003.sized

The guy has no idea of the value of this watch...I told him that it was a very nice watch and it was worth quite a bit to a collector. If I was a SOB, I could have bought it off the guy's wrist for $100....but, alas, I have morals Smile

Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Saw a nice vintage at the Patriots game yesterday...   Saw a nice vintage at the Patriots game yesterday... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:27 am

Always fun to see cool watches on someone OUTSIDE the forums...

Sounds like you had a great day at the game!

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Saw a nice vintage at the Patriots game yesterday...   Saw a nice vintage at the Patriots game yesterday... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:47 am

The game was very good...OT Patriots win. Our seats were on the 15 on the visitor side of the stadium on the 10th row. Very long day though (my b-day yesterday too)...got up at 5:30, was at the stadium by 8:20, tailgating until 12:30 and just got to our seats for kickoff. There were 8 of us total.

Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Saw a nice vintage at the Patriots game yesterday...   Saw a nice vintage at the Patriots game yesterday... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:48 am

PAR-TAY!

Happy Belated Birthday Mark!

Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Saw a nice vintage at the Patriots game yesterday...   Saw a nice vintage at the Patriots game yesterday... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 12:54 pm

both cool watches.
nice to see a classic in great shape.
I'd like to get the 6105-8110 someday with the waffle strap and green nato, 44mm also
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Saw a nice vintage at the Patriots game yesterday...   Saw a nice vintage at the Patriots game yesterday... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 3:20 pm

Hey, this is pretty neat Mark ! Smile ..I like that strap ! Wow !!!
What a great looking case on this vintage Seiko also. Actually
the ENTIRE watch looks GREAT ! ..The design seems very similar
to today's Seiko's as well ! ..Must have been nice seeing the
watch in person, and getting the chance to talk with him. Very
cool story here ! Thank you !!!

Oh, and of course HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you sir !!!! Very Happy ..I hope you
had a terrific day ! ..I know the Patriots won for you, so that was
a nice present ! ..Enjoy your week !!!

PostSubject: Re: Saw a nice vintage at the Patriots game yesterday...   Saw a nice vintage at the Patriots game yesterday... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 6:56 pm

then you should have offered the guy 125 bones! Saw a nice vintage at the Patriots game yesterday... 744742 Happy late Bday Mark! Saw a nice vintage at the Patriots game yesterday... 340704
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saw a nice vintage at the Patriots game yesterday...   Saw a nice vintage at the Patriots game yesterday... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saw a nice vintage at the Patriots game yesterday...
Page 1 of 1