The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fortis MarineMaster B-42

Go down 
+8
merichar
AtomicTom
sixtysix
andrema
barnbuilder
ramirez1970
Anomaly
TAZMAN64
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Empty
PostSubject: Fortis MarineMaster B-42   Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 4:17 pm

Fortis B-42 MarineMaster 647.10.158.3, 44MM and sick lume, AR on both sides of sapphire crystal, ETA 2836-2 Automatic, killer rubber strap ans signed clasp, awesome caseback along with a bitchin' leather case and paper holder! Just loving this official cosmonaut that was awarded the "Star of the blue planet" for the enduring top performance of professional space watches and on top of all that Fortis was the worlds first manufacturer of automatic wristwatches and its rated for 200meters! On with the pics...

Fortis MarineMaster B-42 006-1

Fortis MarineMaster B-42 007-5

Fortis MarineMaster B-42 005

Fortis MarineMaster B-42 012-1

Fortis MarineMaster B-42 004-2

Fortis MarineMaster B-42 003
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Fortis MarineMaster B-42   Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 4:36 pm

WOW!!! that is one bad ass fortis!! way to go trevor, another awesome watch for your collection. i love the looks of the b-42 and the blue lume is sick!! i have it on one of my glycine but it dosent light up like this one does. congrats and enjoy it. steve
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Fortis MarineMaster B-42   Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 5:17 pm

Great pick up Trev...

Looks great on the wrist...

The Dial reminds me of the Seawolf but much better lume...

Enjoy!

Associate
ramirez1970

PostSubject: Re: Fortis MarineMaster B-42   Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 5:42 pm

Congrats on another outstanding watch. I'd love to add a Cosmonaut to my collection, some day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fortis MarineMaster B-42   Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 5:43 pm

Thanks guys its a super watch but i've sure got alot of black dials! Alan its only about 13mm thick so it wears alot different than the seawolf and i love the two lume triangles by the day and date wheel, they are there to let you know which way to turn the crown to change the day and date! Pretty cool since i'm always turning the crown the wrong way on a day/date wheel!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Fortis MarineMaster B-42   Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:02 pm

cali kid wrote:
Thanks guys its a super watch but i've sure got alot of black dials! Alan its only about 13mm thick so it wears alot different than the seawolf and i love the two lume triangles by the day and date wheel, they are there to let you know which way to turn the crown to change the day and date! Pretty cool since i'm always turning the crown the wrong way on a day/date wheel!

That is a cool feature...I do the same thing!

Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Fortis MarineMaster B-42   Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 7:47 pm

very cool Trevor! all the right stuff that makes a quality watch

great dial and lume.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Fortis MarineMaster B-42   Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:38 pm

Holy hotness!!!!! Beautiful watch Trevor!!!!

Fortis MarineMaster B-42 203558

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Fortis MarineMaster B-42   Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 9:25 pm

Great piece...Alan is right, it looks perfect on the wrist...congrats!!

Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Fortis MarineMaster B-42   Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 10:23 pm

BTW - the B-42 line wears pretty big on the wrist. I was surprised when I bought mine. It has a 42mm case, but the bezel makes it wear much larger. One of my favorite parts of these watches is how clean the designs are...great quality watch! The movements have pretty good finishing too!!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Fortis MarineMaster B-42   Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:06 pm

Whoa Trevor !!! ..This Fortis out of this world alien for ALOT of
reasons ! ..Not only does it have the outer space theme, but
I didn't know about the whole worlds first manufacturer of
automatic wrist watches thing ! Shocked Fortis MarineMaster B-42 46145 That's MORE than
a little impressive right there sir. Easy to see why Fortis is
so well respected with watches like this. The awards they
have won sound like they are WELL deserved !!! ..I think what
is INCREDIBLY interesting about your new watch, is that it
has a smooth personality, but also seems to add in a BOLD
aggressive style at the same time. The style of the numbers
for instance is an example of this imho. They nearly seem to
leap right off of the dial, and you don't even need any special
3D glasses to enjoy it either ! cheers..The same goes with those
long, and EXTREMELY noticeable markers which continue the
eye-catching theme. VERY cool to see once again ! ..Something
else that is enjoyable is the triangle marker with dots at the 12
o'clock position. Always like that aviation accent on watches.
It's really pretty AWESOME ! ..Same goes for the triangle marker
at the 3 o'clock position, which don't recall seeing too often. So
THAT'S GREAT as well !!! ..Hey, and can't forget the hands, which
have that aviation intrument look down perfectly, along with the
vibrant second hand, looks as if it's on fire. It all comes together
very nicely with the dial imho. Even the chapter ring with those
numbers added in, give it that extra special touch. Speaking of
special touches Trevor, the matching black bezel is yet another
detail that brings this watch alive. It manages to make the dial
look even larger, while also looking COOL doing it with it's flawless
markings, and numbers as well. Also liking the lume pip by the way !
..The edge of the bezel is FANTASTIC too, with what seems like
an EXTRA amount of bezel teeth also. Want to also just add that
the case, along with brushing is exceptional on your B-42. Can
genuinely see the quality from here sir. It's there to ENJOY from
the dial, to even areas like the lugs, and crown !!! ..Even the
strap couldn't be any better, which is just another example of how
this watch goes above and beyond ! That really IS the theme of this
watch imho. It has EVERYTHING that you would expect from a high
end watch, and then gives you even more. The style, the fit, and finish,
along with that SUPER movement, case-back, and lume, DEFINITELY
deserve many accolades ! Fortis MarineMaster B-42 46145 ..Congrats on picking this one up
Trevor ! ..Keep on enjoying it sir !!!

Both the watch and pics are REAL winners ! Smile

Last edited by AtomicTom on Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fortis MarineMaster B-42   Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:08 pm

andrema wrote:
BTW - the B-42 line wears pretty big on the wrist. I was surprised when I bought mine. It has a 42mm case, but the bezel makes it wear much larger. One of my favorite parts of these watches is how clean the designs are...great quality watch! The movements have pretty good finishing too!!

This model is 44mm and was a huge selling point as most are 42mm(i'm very happy wearing 42mm though as my taste have came back down to smaller case sizes), on this model marinemaster the bezel sticks out past the case to give it the 44mm. I'm just really happy with the build quality on this piece and the box and packaging is also first class! Now i need to sell my Oris TT diver and maybe look at a Stowa! collection numbers are way down but quality is way up and i think most of us in the game for awhile are happier with less watches and better quality!
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Fortis MarineMaster B-42   Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:19 pm

Great looking watch Trevor. Congratulations, very tastefully done.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Fortis MarineMaster B-42   Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:47 pm

cali kid wrote:
andrema wrote:

This model is 44mm and was a huge selling point as most are 42mm(i'm very happy wearing 42mm though as my taste have came back down to smaller case sizes), on this model marinemaster the bezel sticks out past the case to give it the 44mm. I'm just really happy with the build quality on this piece and the box and packaging is also first class! Now i need to sell my Oris TT diver and maybe look at a Stowa! collection numbers are way down but quality is way up and i think most of us in the game for awhile are happier with less watches and better quality!
It sounds like ours are the same size...love it!!

If you sell the Oris, the Seatime or Prodiver would be a nice replacement...definitely distictive case shape! I love mine!!!

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Fortis MarineMaster B-42   Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:34 am

Liking this one Trevor! I'm not all that familiar with Fortis but sounds like it is quite the watch company. This looks like a merging of a pilot and dive style watch that works really well. Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: Fortis MarineMaster B-42   Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:31 am

Dude it's been a while since I've seen some new fire power from you and this delivers! I didn't know you sold the doxa. Damn I want one. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Chris S.
Senior Associate
Chris S.

PostSubject: Re: Fortis MarineMaster B-42   Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:54 am

Very Very Nice Pick Up Fortis MarineMaster B-42 933578

Congrats Trevor.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fortis MarineMaster B-42   Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 8:33 am

Very nice looking watch. Love the yellow second hand. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
watchdaddy1
Associate
watchdaddy1

PostSubject: Re: Fortis MarineMaster B-42   Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:28 pm

FORTIS is the SHYT, Ive been conteplating the LUME dial version for awhile now. CONGRATS looking good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fortis MarineMaster B-42   Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 3:41 pm

Hobbit712 wrote:

Its a very, very bright orange second hand but my camera picks it up as more of a yellow!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fortis MarineMaster B-42   Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 3:47 pm

Thanks WatchDaddy., i was back and forth since i have so many black dial watches but this model specs were 44mm and most of the other B-42's are only 42mm!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fortis MarineMaster B-42   Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 3:49 pm

ericf4 wrote:
Dude it's been a while since I've seen some new fire power from you and this delivers! I didn't know you sold the doxa. Damn I want one. Congrats!

Big E, when you roll with a DOXA find a 750, 800 or 5000. the 1000 and 1200 are just too small with a little dial!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fortis MarineMaster B-42   Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 8:25 pm

cali kid wrote:
Hobbit712 wrote:

Its a very, very bright orange second hand but my camera picks it up as more of a yellow!!

Now that you mention it, the last pic does look a little more orange. Either way it's a nice pick up!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fortis MarineMaster B-42   Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Dayum
SWEET TREVOR Fortis MarineMaster B-42 933578
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fortis MarineMaster B-42   Fortis MarineMaster B-42 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fortis MarineMaster B-42
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Who Are You, What Did You Just Get, What do you have? :: New Arrivals-
Jump to: