The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS

Go down 
+8
barnbuilder
TAZMAN64
sixtysix
Anomaly
Chris S.
smellody
andrema
Northwestguy
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS Empty
PostSubject: Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS   Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:36 pm

Love the combination look of a divers style and pilots style on this watch. I have many watches with bracelets so I went with rubber on this one. I also have a mesh that goes very well with it. I have owned a few Seiko's in the past but none that were long time keepers. I'm happy so far with this one. This has the 4R15 movement that I believe is taking place of the 7S26.

Brand: Seiko. Style #: SRP043K2 Watch Style: Diver/Casual. Size: Men's. Case Material: Stainless Steel. Bezel: Rotating Unidirectional. Crown: Screw Down. Case Back: Screw in. Dial Color: Black. Features: Luminous. Band Material: Rubber. Band Length: Mens Standard. Clasp Type: Buckle. Movement: Seiko Mechanical Automatic 4R15, 21 Jewels / Non-Hacking / No Wind. Calendar: Quick Change Date. Crystal: Hardlex. Case Diameter: 44 mm. Case Thickness: 14 mm. Lug Width: 20 mm (drilled-through lugs). Water Resistant: 200 Meters / 656 Feet / 20 ATM.

Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS IMG_3697
Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS IMG_3718
Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS IMG_3719
Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS IMG_3698
Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS IMG_3699
Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS IMG_3701
Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS IMG_3702
Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS IMG_3713
Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS IMG_3703
Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS IMG_3708
Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS IMG_3709
Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS IMG_3712

2 More looks: On Mesh and On Nato!

Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS IMG_3722
Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS IMG_3728

Last edited by Northwestguy on Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS   Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:36 pm

Very nice John! It has a "mod look" to it, and that is a good thing!!

I was actually looking at that one myself!!

Enjoy it buddy!!

Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS   Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:38 pm

Nice John. I like the classic "all business, I am a divers' watch meant for the water." Easy to read with broad sword hands, lume looks good, and completely symmetrical. Great choice!

What do you think of the rubber strap? I have a similiar one on my Monster and it kind of hurts if too tight and spins about if not tight enough. What is the "crumpled design" for? To expand around a wet suit?

Last edited by smellody on Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Can't spell expland with an "l.")
Back to top Go down
Chris S.
Senior Associate
Chris S.

PostSubject: Re: Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS   Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:49 pm

Big Congrats
I've been tempted by that Seiko many times.
Love the German/Sinn type of influence , with the bonus
of Seiko Lume Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS 803574
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS   Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:55 pm

Very cool!

Dig the dial texture on that one!

Diver/Pilot combo rocks!

Enjoy!

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS   Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 3:07 pm

andrema wrote:
Very nice John! It has a "mod look" to it, and that is a good thing!!

I was actually looking at that one myself!!

Enjoy it buddy!!

Thanks Mark!

smellody wrote:
Nice John. I like the classic "all business, I am a divers' watch meant for the water." Easy to read with broad sword hands, lume looks good, and completely symmetrical. Great choice!

What do you think of the rubber strap? I have a similiar one on my Monster and it kind of hurts if too tight and spins about if not tight enough. What is the "crumpled design" for? To expand around a wet suit?

Thanks Christopher! I think the crumpled design of the strap near the lugs is not so much for expanding as it is for bending around. I find the strap a bit rigid although I do like the look of it very much.

Chris S. wrote:
Big Congrats
I've been tempted by that Seiko many times.
Love the German/Sinn type of influence , with the bonus
of Seiko Lume Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS 803574

Thanks Chris! It does have that Sinn look.

Anomaly wrote:
Very cool!

Dig the dial texture on that one!

Diver/Pilot combo rocks!

Enjoy!

Thanks you Alan! I will have to post a pic with it on "mesh"
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS   Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 4:32 pm

I dig the pilot/diver look too...cool watch!!

Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS   Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 4:53 pm

that is a great looking seiko!!! love the pilot dial, congrats and enjoy. steve
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS   Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:14 pm

sweet watch with a cool dial! pilot style dial with large, excellent lume markers and numbers, whats not to like here
like the strap, it looks like it would be soft and comfortable

great pick-up John!
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS   Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:03 pm

Thanks Gary, Steve and Ron!

Last edited by Northwestguy on Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS   Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:03 pm

This is DEFINITELY a watch to be happy with here John ! Very Happy cheers Very Happy First of
all it's a Seiko, so that's enough to make you smile right there.Then like you
said it's a watch that effortlessly combines a diver's stylewith a pilot's style
which makes it double the FUN ! On top of that, this watch does it in a
TREMENDOUSLY classy, as well as SMOOTH way. Don't think it can really
get any NICER than when you have that DEEP flat black dial at the center
of everything, setting off, along with showing off the crisp white markings
and numbers. cyclops Cool It's one of the, if not THE most CLASSIC of looks imho,
and it just works SO well here !!! ..Staying with the dial for a second. I REALLY
think the the look, and maybe even texture of the dial is TERRIFIC sir. Seems
to be a stealthy flat black, but it catches the light too. Giving an almost slightly
textured near sand-like texture theme. THAT is EXCEPTIONAL ! ..So is the way
in which those aviation or pilot style numbers FLY off the dial. Not only do the
12, 3, 6, and 9 have the pilots look down flawlessly. They also blend in and
contrast in a VERY unique way with the dive theme you also mentioned. Also
enjoying how the numbers seem to raised up off of the dial surface too. The
same goes for the markers, and markings which look so cool as well, and are
just about seem ready to take off also ! Smile ..Another neat detail about the
watch is how those markings have a way of moving from the dial, to the
EXCELLENT chapter ring, and bezel in one fluid motion. Makes for one VERY
NICE optical effect, but is also just fun to see too. By the way, I think that
chapter ring helps make the dial look even better , and feel much deeper as well.
Again, some NEAT stuff there ! ..Even the extremely LARGE and VIBRANT hands
are phenomenal John. They have that aviation style down just right, AND they
burst right through the dial in an explosion of SHARP bright white. Also thinking
that second hand is just TOO GOOD as well with it's shapes, and fins there mixing
the diver, and pilot theme together once again. Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS 803574 ..Have to add that the bezel
is AMAZINGLY eye-popping also with it's bright numbers, and markings. Even the
way the chunks on the side of the bezel are separated, is up into the stratosphere
John ! While the shape, build, and TOUGHNESS of that case let's you know this watch
can stand just about anything on land, see, or air for that matter. This Seiko seems to
have the ability to be sporty, and smooth, all while giving you the signature Seiko quality.
Even the look and angle of the crown is off the charts imho, and how about THESE
case-backs John ?! ..Yowza ! That's BEAUTIFUL as well !!! ..One more thing also,
the strap looks not only GREAT, but also indestructible ! ..This watch and lume is SUPER,
but then again it's a Seiko !!! cheers Congratulations on getting another one, and I hope
you ENJOY ! ..P.S. Thanks for the info about the movement inside this one too John !

Spectacular watch along with photos !

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS   Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:11 pm

Thanks Tom! I am blown away by your review. I think watch companies need to hire you to their PR department.....You are amazing. I agree with you on the chapter ring and bezel hash marks. I think that the design makes it look like a double bezel and I agree with you as well that this design adds depth to the dial.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS   Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:21 pm

Northwestguy wrote:
Thanks Tom! I am blown away by your review. I think watch companies need to hire you to their PR department.....You are amazing. I agree with you on the chapter ring and bezel hash marks. I think that the design makes it look like a double bezel and I agree with you as well that this design adds depth to the dial.

cheers Thank you very very much John ! ..Right back at you sir !!! Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS 46145

What an EXCEPTIONAL Seiko, and those NEW pics are off the charts also. This
watch looks GREAT no matter how you slice it !!! Smile ..Enjoy !

Associate
rasbrito

PostSubject: Re: Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS   Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:22 pm

Amazing watch!
I'm a brand new Seiko fan... thanks to this forum (and a brazilian one) i get the chance to know more about this and other watches, such as Invicta (i'm crazy about the Pro Diver 3044) and Lum Tec.
Congratulations on your watch...
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS   Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 11:00 pm

Nice John, I thought that might be new. Also like the diver/pilot hybrid. Cool strap ridges too. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS   Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 1:45 am

this looks equally good on the mesh and nato, I'm sure a leather strap would also.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS   Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:35 am

Oh man...that ROCKS on mesh!

Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS   Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 6:08 pm

It does resemble a modded watch at first glance of the dial and bezel. A blend of my two favorite watch styles and it works. Congratulations John.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS   Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 1:51 am

I've always wondered when Seiko was going to get tired of seeing so many of their watches being modded and do something about it. This pieces has a Bell & Ross feel to it and i think seiko did an amazing job on it! Great watch!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS   Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 1:19 pm

Looks fantastic, as other have also said "looks great on the mesh"!

I'm torn between the SRP and a sumo as to what Seiko to pick up next.

Anyway great watch and pics!
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS   Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 5:40 pm

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS   Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 7:43 pm

That is one very cool Seiko design! They make a super quality Timepiece, awesome pictures & I love the Mesh Band, totally changes the appearance of a bad boy watch!! Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS 933578
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS   Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seiko in the House....ADDED PICS
Page 1 of 1