The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono

Go down 
+5
AtomicTom
Northwestguy
Anomaly
TAZMAN64
jaw
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono Empty
PostSubject: New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono   New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 9:21 pm

Hey there,

No time for lots of pics yet. But really excited about this one.
Fell in love with rubber strap version about 6 months ago - but $1600 (ouch)

Been wanting an Oris ever since Northwestguy's Small Seconds WG new watch post.
Small Second and TTs were all the rage for a while and I wanted something different.

Searched high/low for a better deal - $1250 was the best I could find (Jomashop).
Waited for Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals - Nuthin.
Sure enough merichar mentioned forum sale selections may increase for the holidays.
And there it was on WUS, pre-loved for $850.
Very clean but on steel (always like to have OEM steel anyway)

Ordered an OEM rubber strap from eBay (still en route).

Will be wearing this - my 1st Oris - for a few days.

New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono Oris_F1_jaw_02-vi

Model number 673-7563-4184MB
Series Oris F1 Team Chronograph
Movement Automatic
Engine Oris 673, base ETA 7750
Functions Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Date, Chronometer, Tachymeter
Case Material Stainless Steel
Case Diameter 45 mm
Case Back Exhibition
Bezel Fixed
Case Size XXL
Dial Color Black Carbon Fiber
Dial Markers Stick
SubDials Two: 12 Hours, 30 Minutes Sub dials
Hands Silver tone Luminous
Luminiscents Hands and markers
Bracelet Stainless Steel
Clasp Deployment
Calendar Date display at the 6 o'clock positions
Water Resistant 50 meters / 165 feet
Crystal Anti-reflective Sapphire
Power Automatic winding, 42 hrs power reserve
Made In Swiss Made

Dial appears to be carbon fiber and usually described as such.
Instead, dial is a repetitive triangle etched (pressed?) pattern (preferable).

Not my pic
New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono 5007228407_78199876fd_z

Bezel is a very dark blue.
Wears more like 47mm than actual 45mm.

New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono Oris_F1_jaw_01-vi

Lugs are functional swivel hinges - very comfortable
No full time second hand (my only regret), but makes for a cleaner chrono dial
Strictly racing focused with chrono tach, 30 and 60 min counters in bridge subdial design.

Case back architecture tough to capture especially the huge slices on 3/9 sides.
This makes the case thinner at 3/9 and thicker at 12/6
Here's a similar watch pic (not mine) on rubber - showing the slices (mine not a LE)
This back glass is different than mine which is a full unobstructed circle.
New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono IMG_0405

Thanks for watching

Last edited by jaw on Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:06 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono   New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 9:50 pm

great looking oris, ive had a couple oris's and they have been excelent watches with no problems. congrats and enjoy. steve
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono   New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 9:51 pm

I THOUGHT that was new!

That is a SICK looking watch dude!

ENJOY!

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono   New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 11:43 pm

OH Jeffrey! I am really liking that Oris! Congrats to you and I'm pretty sure you will be very happy with that pick-up. I too like the cleaner chrono look with just the 2 sub-dials. It is awesome on steel, will look even racier on the rubber. Great choice and I am glad one came in at the right price. You my man, Have great patience............KUDOS!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono   New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:15 am

Oh boy Jaw !!! Very Happy Can see why you are so excited about this Oris of yours sir !
..This is one of those ELITE watches, that just takes everything you like about
watches and magnifies it countless times ! New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono 803574 New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono 46145 cheers Definitely must be an
EXCITING watch to have. I think what makes this Oris so exciting is how it
manages to combine the BEST elements of watchmaking together. Also like how
there seems to be a traditional feel, mixed together with a modern theme at the
same time here. For instance the way the dial is done with that SUPER cool carbon
fiber is very futuristic. While the raised markers remind you of older vintage markers
on watches years ago. Even the hands have a subtle style to them, but the white
SUPERCHARGES things, and let's you know there is some added adrenaline on the
horizon. Smile You can see, and feel that with the number style, along with sub-dial
look having that racing speedometer theme. Oris did a UNBELIVABLE job with that
imho. Same goes for how the chapter ring helps make the dial look even larger, and
sportier with it being the same color, along with having ALL of those numbers, and
hash marks ! Yowza !!! ..What's even more impressive about the watch, is how no
one part is better than another. The bezel is proof of this ! ..The dark blue is
MESMERIZING ! cyclops Contrasting, yet almost matching the black dial iin such a uniquely
cool way. That is a NEAT combination sir ! ..I like the continuing use of the numbers,
as well as markers on there TOO. Even the crown, along with pushers have an edge to
them, as well as an instrument-type feel to them. VERY NICE ! Also very NICE is the
steel bracelet. Just the LOOK, and how it seems to taper so comfortably, and connect
so well with those lugs you mentioned is EXTRAORDINARY ! ..The rubber strap should
also be GREAT as well though. Wow ! ..This watch REALLY is EXCITING sir, and maybe
the best is still yet to come with the case, and case-back here ! Shocked ..I mean can you
believe how the sides seem to almost bow outward like THAT ?! The way the steel
on the case-back seems to be cut at an angle like that also ?! AMAZING stuff right
there once again. Still there's even more !!! Have to say that the bulging area around
the movement is STUNNING as well. ..It's very different, and REALLY cool how it envelops
the movement window like that. Plus the window just happens to have that excellent
crescent shape to it. New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono 46145 ..Oh, and can't forget the movement itself, with that patented
rotor which adds in one last shot of nitrous to this WINNER of a watch ! ..What a WATCH
Jaw !!! ..Actually ! ..What an EXCITING watch to be more accurate !!! ..Congratulations
on your first Oris ! ..I know you are going to be Enjoying this one !!!

Fantastic watch, pics, AND review by the way !

Senior Associate
Chris S.

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono   New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 1:05 am

Nice pick up Jaw cheers cheers

I also have a couple of Oris TT1s and both have been very nice and reliable . I'm sure their F1s / 7750s are also Solid New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono 803574
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono   New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 1:06 am

Wow fantastic Oris Jaw!! As an F1 fan I think it's twice as cool!!

New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono   New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 1:26 am

Love the numbering on the side of case!,,,
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono   New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 4:58 pm

Thanks Guys, this one feels good.

@Northwestguy:
Wish I could accept your patience complement. If only I could not buy anything until I got the 1 watch in my sights. Truth be told several watches had to be purchased to feed my Jones until this became available. Kinda been sneaking them in on you guys without a new watch post. (2 Citizens, 1 Renato)

@AtomicTom:
Yes a very good balance of traditional and contemporary styles. Probably a combination of several things. But the modern is emphasized by the number font/italics, case architecture ergonomics, and dial pattern. The traditional is handled with really clean precise detail, fit and finish that you don't see in many watches today. Added dial detail pic above (not mine) to show dial pattern and fine 100th second markers.

The case back slices or bow is to accommodate your wrist bending backwards. So the lug hinges handle the wrist cross axis shape while the back handles the the long axis wrist shape - ingenious.

@eric4:
Yes the side number is one of my favorite accents too. Since mine is not a limited edition like the rubber above, I have a single 4 digit number 7631 (no clue what it means). Also my case back sapphire is an unobstructed circle.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono   New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 7:31 pm

love it and answers my blue bezel question at another spot! New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono 46145
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono   New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:33 pm

Nice dial detail. I had one years ago with a similar texture.

Great looking watch, enjoy.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono   New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 2:21 am

Jaw ! ..What a PHENOMENAL explanation, along with description of everything !!! ..WOW ! Shocked .. cheers

Associate
rasbrito

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono   New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:28 am

What a cool watch!
Congrats... Oris does such beautiful pieces!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono   New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New (to me) Oris F1 Chrono
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Who Are You, What Did You Just Get, What do you have? :: New Arrivals-
Jump to: