The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rolex, all show...NOT!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Rolex, all show...NOT! Empty
PostSubject: Rolex, all show...NOT!   Rolex, all show...NOT! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 11:10 am

Rolex, all show...NOT! Deepsea
Rolex, all show...NOT! Deepsea1

DeepSea Under the Pole by Rolex was a revolutionary pioneer expedition and an innovative human adventure that combined ski trekking and scuba diving in one of the toughest climates on the planet: the North Pole. The crew of eight young, passionate divers, adventurers and explorers represented the first time man has ever executed dives at this remote site and revealed the hidden side of the polar ice cap; something never before seen by humankind.

The DeepSea Under the Pole by Rolex expedition – in celebration of a century of conquest of the North Pole – collected archival audio, photography and video throughout their journey, with the ultimate goal of creating a 50-minute documentary on this icy underwater world, the diversity of its landscapes and the wealth of its ecosystems. The focus of the documentary is to commemorate the hidden and difficult-to-access underside of the polar ice cap, a spectacular World Heritage Site that is now disappearing due to climate change. This vast upside-down universe is home to huge icy ceilings above and a seemingly invisible bottom below, rich with other mysteries. It is a universe of water and ice - a world of polar white, deep black, emerald green and clear turquoise.

The members of the expedition have long held a deep-seated respect for the oceans and the need to protect them, a theme featured in their account of this magnificent adventure. Just as their heroes who inspired them, these adventurers hope to help inspire others to take care of one of our world’s greatest natural resources – the Arctic.

Produced and directed by Thierry Robert, “On a Marché Sous le Pôle”, (“We Have Walked Under the Pole”) is an account of the DeepSea Under the Pole expedition in the North Pole, which took place during spring 2010, as told from the perspective of the
“On a Marché Sous Le Pole” will be available for viewing by the general public on France Televisions F3 on 14th January 2011 in Thalassa Programme and on National Geographic Channel and several other international channels in 2011.

Since 1933 and throughout the following decades Rolex has been equipping explorers involved in successful expeditions with its Oyster watches. From the deepest seas, to the poles and other extreme environments, nature became a natural testing laboratory for those watches.

Rolex has continually encouraged the world’s foremost scientists in their explorations, including enjoying long relationships with some of the best-known ocean pioneers in the world.

The quest for perfection has been the driving force at the heart of every technological advance made by Rolex for more than a hundred years. In the preceding century, it became clear that this knowledge and determination could also be put towards actions that would make the planet a better place for future generations. As such, Rolex has a long history of supporting endeavours to maintain the delicate equilibrium that exists between man and animal and to preserve the Earth’s natural resources.

As with previous expeditions supported by Rolex, the DeepSea Under the Pole by Rolex was a revolutionary pioneering expedition and an innovative human adventure. The expedition combined ski trekking and scuba diving in one of the toughest climates on the planet, the North Pole.

The expedition’s members were equipped with Oyster Perpetual Sea-Dweller DEEPSEA watches designed for divers, waterproof to an extreme depth of 3,900 metres.

From TZ...

PostSubject: Re: Rolex, all show...NOT!   Rolex, all show...NOT! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 1:02 pm

Rolex, all show...NOT! 812159
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Rolex, all show...NOT!   Rolex, all show...NOT! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 5:41 pm

Love those kind of action shots for watches! Rolex should promo more of them...
All I see in mags are the slick full frontal dial/bracelet shots...Smile
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Rolex, all show...NOT!   Rolex, all show...NOT! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 10:39 pm

great add!!! just one of the reasons why rolex is on top, maybe someday i will be able to own one. steve
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Rolex, all show...NOT!   Rolex, all show...NOT! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 11:02 pm

Boo hiss.

I bet my SeaMaster will do exactly the same thing.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Rolex, all show...NOT!   Rolex, all show...NOT! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 2:56 am

Is that neat or what right there ?! Wowee !!! Shocked Very Happy ..What an epic
expedition, and I guess there couldn't be a more epic watch than
a Rolex to go along for the ride. Looks like some kind of adventure
from the pics, as well as information you gave here Alan ! ..Just
the fact that these expedition members decide to do things like
this is AMAZING to me. Rolex, all show...NOT! 46145 Cool stuff ! VERY cool !!!!! ..Thanks
alot for this info, along with these PICS !

PostSubject: Re: Rolex, all show...NOT!   Rolex, all show...NOT! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rolex, all show...NOT!
Page 1 of 1