The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JL Geneve X-Mas

Go down 
+2
Anomaly
smellody
6 posters
AuthorMessage
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

JL Geneve X-Mas Empty
PostSubject: JL Geneve X-Mas   JL Geneve X-Mas Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 2:17 am

Daily Deal for my X-mas present. I think it is an awesome watch for the $129 spent. Nice deep matte black, cool green bezel, good fit and finish, and deployant clasp that has not just popped open like some others watches I own. Overall very happy. Paid less for this one than I have seen the quartz models. Merry X-mas friends.

JL Geneve X-Mas Dscn3328j
JL Geneve X-Mas Dscn3331t
JL Geneve X-Mas Dscn3336w

Last edited by smellody on Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

JL Geneve X-Mas Empty
PostSubject: Re: JL Geneve X-Mas   JL Geneve X-Mas Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 2:32 am

Totally dig how CLEAN that dial is!

Very Cool Chris!

Merry Christmas!

JL Geneve X-Mas Empty
PostSubject: Re: JL Geneve X-Mas   JL Geneve X-Mas Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 2:40 am

Sweet piece Chris, Merry Christmas Bro!
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

JL Geneve X-Mas Empty
PostSubject: Re: JL Geneve X-Mas   JL Geneve X-Mas Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 2:50 am

Cool - I figured that was the one.
Love the matte dials on JLs.
Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

JL Geneve X-Mas Empty
PostSubject: Re: JL Geneve X-Mas   JL Geneve X-Mas Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 12:25 pm

Congratulations Christopher! Looking forward to seeing that one in person.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

JL Geneve X-Mas Empty
PostSubject: Re: JL Geneve X-Mas   JL Geneve X-Mas Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 4:14 pm

Wow, $129 sounds like s great deal. I love Green!! JL Geneve X-Mas 203558

JL Geneve X-Mas Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

JL Geneve X-Mas Empty
PostSubject: Re: JL Geneve X-Mas   JL Geneve X-Mas Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 7:33 pm

Merry Christmas Chris !!! santa ..What A WATCH sir, and WHAT a price for it as well !!!
Some times it really amazes just how much watch you can get for such GREAT prices
sir. This JL here is simply STUNNING imho. I remember when you were talking about
them just recently, and seeing many of the cool offereings they have available. This
particular model with the green, and black bezel was ALWAYS one of my favorites. Smile
Can really see how much this watch has to offer from your pictures by the way.
It looks FANTASTIC ! ..Have to even say that the box that JL gives you with this
one is out of this world sir !!! ..Excellent job picking this one out, that is for sure.
To be honest, the bezel on this watch is something you could get lost in for hours.
There is just something about the look, that invites you to discover more, and look
at more. I know that these, and other colors are used on many watches. However,
JL does the look in a sophisticated way. The green, and black are not too light,
or dark, but rather just flawless in their color. Plus, when both are side-by-side like
this, the combination is unforgettable imho. Especially like how most of the bezel is
one color, and a little is the other. It makes for an especially attractive, and eye-catching
theme. Add to that look, all of the numbers, along with markers, and man oh man,
this is one OUTSTANDING watch, and price for all of it Chris. JL Geneve X-Mas 46145 ..Then once you
move beyond the bezel, you see that that matte black dial you mentioned, really does
look NICE ! ..It plays off of the bezel, and also shows off everything the dial has to
offer extrememly well. One thing to REALLY notice is how those markers seem to
look. They kind of reach from the dial surface, right over the the walls of the chapter
ring. UNBELIVABLE ! ..It looks SO NEAT, and I'm not sure that this is actually done
on other watches all of time. Or at least that many other watches, so this is uniquely
cool right here sir. ..Later when you see the hands, and how they follow along with
a similar look to the markers, you realize just how cool this watch is. ..The markers,
as well as those hands give off such an elegant feel, while the bezel takes the wow
factor up more than a few levels at the same time. Guess it all goes back to the fit,
and finish you mentioned earlier, because this watch hits on all cylinders, and does
it for a INCREDIBLE price ! Very Happy ..The quality of the bezel, and dial alone are more than
enough to make you smile. Even when you see the quality, and look of the case you
realize that this JL gives you ALOT of watch for the price. It gives you the looks, along
with quality, and it even gives you all of this WITH an automatic movement !!!!! THAT
is pretty REMARKABLE Chris ! ..Even if this was a quartz inside this one, anyone would be
VERY happy to have such a watch. However, it's just that much more surprising, and
of course FUN to see that this has an automatic movement behind it all. ..So you end
up finding not only a nice price, but also a SUPER nice watch at the same time. ..I
mean you can just look at the bracelet on your new JL, and see that it continues the
same EXCELLENT quality, with looks too Chris. Can't imagine how you could find any
out there that would give you THIS much, for such a TERRIFIC price sir. Have to say
that this watch is a GREAT gift, because it gives you everything you could want, or
need in one AWESOME package ! Very Happy ..Congratulations on having this one !!! ..Keep
enjoying it sir !

Thanks for the excellent pics TOO !

Consigliere
smellody

JL Geneve X-Mas Empty
PostSubject: Re: JL Geneve X-Mas   JL Geneve X-Mas Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 12:28 am

Thank you guys. Wow Tom thanks for looking this one over! Thanks for noticing the markers, they are pretty cool. The watch has been on my wrist for the last couple days. I am thinking about changing back a whole link and removing a half link. I really like it.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

JL Geneve X-Mas Empty
PostSubject: Re: JL Geneve X-Mas   JL Geneve X-Mas Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 7:36 pm

smellody wrote:
Thank you guys. Wow Tom thanks for looking this one over! Thanks for noticing the markers, they are pretty cool. The watch has been on my wrist for the last couple days. I am thinking about changing back a whole link and removing a half link. I really like it.

No problem Chris ! Smile ..VERY glad to do it, and I'm really happy you like this watch so much sir !
..From those markers, to the overall look of this one, this really IS cool !!! Cool I hope you enjoy !

JL Geneve X-Mas Empty
PostSubject: Re: JL Geneve X-Mas   JL Geneve X-Mas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JL Geneve X-Mas
Page 1 of 1