The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version ....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thianwong
Senior Associate

Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version .... Empty
PostSubject: Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version ....   Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version .... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:05 am

I found this one used for around $240usd (new around $350ishusd) issued in 2009....and might snag it...love stealth stuff!

Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version .... 5302475693_73a00dcd0b
Montage F35 seiko digital MM pvd by thianwong1, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version ....   Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version .... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:29 am

That is actually nice in PVD...I wouldn't even look at in a stainless case.

Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version .... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version ....   Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version .... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 6:17 pm

sixtysix wrote:
That is actually nice in PVD...I wouldn't even look at in a stainless case.

[b]thanks, sixtysix.....me too...the regular SS never turns my crank.but the pvd version looks good ...in a mil context! ahahah! am a sucker for watches which show well in mil jet shots! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version ....   Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version .... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:04 pm

That one is BEYOND cool Thian !!! Cool Smile ..I think you would really enjoy
snagging this Seiko sir. That super stealthy case, AND bracelet together
with the all digital dial is Out of this World into the stratosphere both in
looks, and within this picture of yours ! Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version .... 46145 Thanks for showing us this
watch, and of course photo of yours ! ..Congrats ahead of time if you
decide to get it also.

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version ....   Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version .... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 6:01 am

Here 's a better image of the black version...

Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version .... 5315465028_3e29033dfa_b
Montage Matrix SEIKO DIGITAL by thianwong1, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version ....   Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version .... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 5:16 pm

VERY sleek Thian ! Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version .... 46145 ..Both the watch, along with picture ROCK sir !!! Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version .... 933578

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version ....   Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version .... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:52 am

here is the Seiko on the wrist, just got 2 links removed yesterday. Have to say it is quite nice to wear, after all my tool watches. The black PVD appears well made and the low profile fits great under sleeves.

Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version .... 5334674349_d669a4e687_b
wrist and lower bracelet by thianwong1, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version ....   Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version .... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 8:12 pm

Congrats on picking this up Thian !!!! cheers It definitely looks like it is NICE to wear sir ! Seems
like it is incredibly comfortable, AND of course STEALTHY. Smile Plus like you are saying, the nice
simple design, along with display is a great change from the tool watches you talked about.
I'm noticing that TERRIFIC low profile stance, that you bring up as well. Can imagine this one
almost feeling like it's not even on the wrist it's so comfortable. It's great because there is
the MEAN STEALTHY feel happening with this watch, but it also manages to have a smooth,
and classy vibe as well. I think the square case works unbelievably well, and the way in which
it's angled at the top, and bottom is very ingenious. It gives off more of that stealthy attitude,
while also helping the case transition into the bracelet seemlessly. In a way, the case, along
with first wider link on the bracelet work as a team to make sure this watch LOOKS great,
but also fits great ! Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version .... 46145 ..Another thing that I'm noticing about the case of this watch, is
how you have more than a few buttons, and features. Probably is alot of fun playing around
with the alarm, and backlight on this. Again it brings that smooth attitide, together with a
stealthy technological side. For instance, it looks like it has different world times, which is
EXTRA COOL I would imagine. Then in the upper right hand corner there also seems to be
a battery indicator, which must come in handy, and stop you from guessing when there
might be a battery change coming. ..Can't say enough how helpful, and yes ..cool having
feature must be. ..I guess the whole solar thing, along with Atomic theme really helps with
the battery changing as well. Probably won't even need one for a while, if ever I guess ! Very Happy
..One more helpful aspectabout your new Seiko has to be the size of the digital display
here Thian. This is the kind of clarity that is EASY on the eyes I'm sure. Sometimes we
get used to seeing small numbers, along with hands. However, our eyes probably don't
when all is said, and done. So having a nice BIG display like this, is TREMENDOUS in my
opinion sir. In addition, having the no nonsense style makes it even easier to see at
all times. Whether in the daylight, or at night, or even at the movies for instance. This
is the kind of watch that makes you smile because it is simple to read, cool to look at,
as well as comfortable to wear. Want to also add that besides the stealthy, streamlined
case, and futuristic dial. That the bracelet helps finish this watch off in style Thian. That
thin theme seems to keep going, and the steathy finish REALLY does look like it's very
well made TOO ! ..Even the cycling back, and fourth from LARGE links on the outer part,
as well as smaller brick-like links in the center part, are FANTASTIC ! Smile ..Think Seiko
gave you the whole package here with this one. Seems like a fun watch, that you can
wear every day. Plus it probably helps give your other watches a break when you feel
like just being a little extra comfortable once in a while Thian ! ..Have to give this stealthy
watch two thumbs up for coolness, and simplicity. Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version .... 803574 Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version .... 803574 Congratulations once again
on picking this Seiko up. Keep enjoying it !!!

NEAT watch, and COOL photo !

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version ....   Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version .... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 12:47 am

Cheers, Tom! no battey needed as tis solar...so that status bar at upper right is for power reserve indicator..I think when fully charged, it is 6 months lasting. There is also a power save mode, when the watch is covered for a certain time, the digits go blank. One reviewer kinda complained of this...so if the face is covered by your sleeve too long, it takes a second or so to show again.

The tapering bracelet is rather a Japanese style since IMO Asian bone structure is smaller haha!
This new Seiko Digital contains both solar and wavceptor, features not usually associated with Seiko, as Casio and Citizen usually sell these features as normal now!

Seiko has also just produced the new tech E-ink digital World Time watch! but it is a nice 45mm wide and around a not so nice $800usd price! haha!

Seiko PVD quality should keep this model clean and scratch free, I hope haha! Casio makes still a $30 digital but the feel of quality is, of course, absent. So, if anyone wants to vary up his collection, this is a good choice!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version ....   Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version .... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 1:29 am

thianwong wrote:
Cheers, Tom! no battey needed as tis solar...so that status bar at upper right is for power reserve indicator..I think when fully charged, it is 6 months lasting. There is also a power save mode, when the watch is covered for a certain time, the digits go blank. One reviewer kinda complained of this...so if the face is covered by your sleeve too long, it takes a second or so to show again.

The tapering bracelet is rather a Japanese style since IMO Asian bone structure is smaller haha!
This new Seiko Digital contains both solar and wavceptor, features not usually associated with Seiko, as Casio and Citizen usually sell these features as normal now!

Seiko has also just produced the new tech E-ink digital World Time watch! but it is a nice 45mm wide and around a not so nice $800usd price! haha!

Seiko PVD quality should keep this model clean and scratch free, I hope haha! Casio makes still a $30 digital but the feel of quality is, of course, absent. So, if anyone wants to vary up his collection, this is a good choice!

cheers Wow ! The whole solar theme is just terrific Thian. What a NEAT watch right here, and that PVD
does seem like it's pretty exceptional from your picture !!! By the way, thanks for the extra info on
this Seiko sir.

P.S. That E-ink is CRAZY GOOD as well !

PostSubject: Re: Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version ....   Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version .... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seiko new Digital 5 band solar/RC black version ....
Page 1 of 1