The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What keeps you interested?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

What keeps you interested? Empty
PostSubject: What keeps you interested?   What keeps you interested? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:55 pm

So, I find myself in a no buy, no search mode right now for watches, actually CONTENT with my collection...

If you have ever been in this rare state, not in the HUNT, what do you do to continue your participation in the hobby...

Take new pics?

Buy a new strap or bracelet?

Live vicariously through what others purchase?

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you interested?   What keeps you interested? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:58 pm

Live vicariously through others.

My passion for watches has dwindled a little bit the past couple of months, but really because I have so many other things to deal with and priorites about watches, that I find myself not caring about them as much as I used to.

But, I still do love looking at them, I cant deny it. I do like looking at them, reading about them and seeing the new ones coming out , and what others think of them.

Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you interested?   What keeps you interested? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:17 pm

I agree, when funds run out or I get interested in different things for a while I am usually looking at the watches other guys buy. I usually tweak my want list, if I see something I like. It's usually not long before I get back into it. I don't really do much searching anymore...I just wait for good stuff to come to me.....

What keeps you interested? Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you interested?   What keeps you interested? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:57 pm

there's always something new & better,so that's what keeps me looking.also i collect guitars,so that keeps me busy too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you interested?   What keeps you interested? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 4:24 pm

I get off my butt and go to stores to see what's new. Try a few on to get the juices flowin' again........eventually find a "must have".
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you interested?   What keeps you interested? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 5:32 pm

I was in that doldrum too but didn't last haha! I wore a few rotation choices, tried to get more guitar practice in....shopped more with the wife......

But then as WIS fate would have it, I spied 2 used watches -Omega Bond auto and a Seiko new used Digital pvd World Time .....grabbed them!

Then a buyer of one of my watches had a Seiko diver hybrid (6309 cushion case with a quartz 7548 mvt. installed....committed myself! hahaha!

The homage Chinese watches intrigue me and bought a $55 sub one with an incredible auto DG2813 movement (auto, winder and hacking) which keeps as good time as my more 'legitimate' brands!!!
So, the love of horology continues! You are just in a 'slump' hehehe! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you interested?   What keeps you interested? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Guess my answer would be a combination of ALL of the above ! What keeps you interested? 803574
Many times as I'm looking around at the MANY brands out there, I
often will rotate brands to immerse myself in. Even if I don't have
a watch from them, it's fun to see ALL of the watches that are,
or have been available from that particular brand. On top of that
you learn about new things from the various companies, and maybe
see something you hadn't seen before ! So that is something that
I kind of do. Also as of late, have found myself looking, and learning
about countless COOL vintage watches. Many of them are just TOO
GOOD ! Smile ..SO many classic, unique, and odd retro watches that
it's hard to believe, and they are VERY FUN to see, and learn about.
Plus you can find something that you may some day end up buying
TOO !

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you interested?   What keeps you interested? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What keeps you interested?
Page 1 of 1