The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

" All Hands on Deck"

Go down 
+4
jaw
merichar
Anomaly
Northwestguy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

" All Hands on Deck" Empty
PostSubject: " All Hands on Deck"   " All Hands on Deck" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:28 am

I'm looking for suggestions and would appreciate your input. I am in the hunt for a classic to sporty looking white dialed chrono. So far, my taste buds have settled on a Damsko DC67:

" All Hands on Deck" DamaskoDC67L

I would like to stay in the 42mm-43mm size range. I am open to suggestions and places to look. Thanks for your help!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: " All Hands on Deck"   " All Hands on Deck" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:34 am

It's going to be hard to top the Damasko. But then I'm a German fanboi, so don't listen to me.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: " All Hands on Deck"   " All Hands on Deck" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:37 am

I can't help but listen......I'm liking German watches. Have 2 now and 1 on the way.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: " All Hands on Deck"   " All Hands on Deck" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:45 am

" All Hands on Deck" Hamiltontachymiler

Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: " All Hands on Deck"   " All Hands on Deck" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 2:10 am

John, you won't be disappointed with Damasko. I don't generally go for chronos much anymore with the exception of the Junghans Vista chrono in titanium, which is German but no white dial.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: " All Hands on Deck"   " All Hands on Deck" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 3:00 am

Damasko all the way! nothing against the hammy but we are talking two different leagues but also two different prices! I would look at Fortis, they make an amazing watch and i love mine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: " All Hands on Deck"   " All Hands on Deck" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 11:20 am

I love that look! I would really like to have a DA47 which is the non chrono version of that watch. Good hunting!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: " All Hands on Deck"   " All Hands on Deck" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 12:29 pm

Don't know a thing about them but man that's a nice looking watch!

CJ
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: " All Hands on Deck"   " All Hands on Deck" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:47 pm

Thanks guys. I do seem to be stuck on (In a Good way) the DC67. My hunt begins.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: " All Hands on Deck"   " All Hands on Deck" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:39 pm

" All Hands on Deck" 469d7b4392878901222bd6a89de94eeb " All Hands on Deck" 100126 " All Hands on Deck" Fxchronoutc-14m " All Hands on Deck" K1166_4" All Hands on Deck" K1166_8 " All Hands on Deck" FX-UTC-white " All Hands on Deck" Baume%20and%20Mercier%20Classima%20Executive%20Chronograph%20Mens%20Watch%2086210

My latest grail
" All Hands on Deck" 14
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: " All Hands on Deck"   " All Hands on Deck" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:47 pm

That Fortis Rocks Jeffery! Really they all do, not a bad one in the bunch!
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: " All Hands on Deck"   " All Hands on Deck" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 7:00 pm

Thanks Trev.
Can't deny I'm partial to Chronos.
And who am I kidding - I have at least 5 grails.
Back to top Go down
strutn45
Senior Associate
strutn45

PostSubject: Re: " All Hands on Deck"   " All Hands on Deck" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 7:07 pm

Man, all of those are GORGEOUS... i'm such a sucker for white dials!
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: " All Hands on Deck"   " All Hands on Deck" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 8:07 pm

Thanks Jeffrey! I was hoping a "chrono" guy like yourself would chime in. Love the look of the Tutima and glycine, unfortunately, the Tutima is 38mm and the glycine is 46mm. The foris B 42 is a possibility as it is the compition in my mind vs. the Damasko.....similar look. I am floating over the Buame & Mercier. The size is right and they do have a couple different variants on their Classima Executives models. All very good choices and are considerations. BTW, your grail is a beauty!!!!!!

Alan, thanks for posting up the Hammy! Need to have the crown and pushers on the right hand side of the watch......if they were, I'd be considering it.

Thanks again guys!
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: " All Hands on Deck"   " All Hands on Deck" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 8:45 pm

You're welcome John - Least I can do for all the enabling you've afforded me in the past Laughing

I could see you're in the military camp on this hunt. Hence, the Fortis, Glycine, and Tutima (omitted IWC $$$). But I tried to include a couple that I think fit your style preferences better, given how I've seen your collection evolve. the BM Capeland has YOU written all over it IMHO. Neo-Classic looks that can be dressed up/down via strap/bracelet swaps.

The Breitling is probably too large for your taste at 47mm. Besides if you buy that before me I won't be able to stand it. Honestly though, that watch is a long way off for me at $4k.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: " All Hands on Deck"   " All Hands on Deck" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 10:28 pm

Here are a couple Muhle Glashuttes and a Tissot that meet your criteria. Crappy pics stolen from internet watch sellers.

" All Hands on Deck" M12945100lb

" All Hands on Deck" M13805lb

" All Hands on Deck" Thumb
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: " All Hands on Deck"   " All Hands on Deck" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 1:17 am

Oh nice one John ! Very Happy ..Have to agree with everybody that this Damasko is
very hard to beat. Actually all of these watches look AMAZING to be honest
with you. From your Demasko there, to the Hamiltons, Glycines, Tutimas etc.
Looks there are a TON of cool white dialed sporty chronographs that are out
there sir !

Here are a few more for you..
Hacher Atlantis GMT 7750
http://www.watchmann.com/proddetail.asp?prod=hacheratlantisW
" All Hands on Deck" HacheratlantiswhiteM
Epos Sportive Automatic chronograph
http://www.watchmann.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Epos3388
" All Hands on Deck" Epos3388m
Aeronautec Chronograph Captain
http://www.aviation-time.com/1174/aaa/&image=2082
" All Hands on Deck" Image_show
Tissot T-Sport PRS516 (silver dial though)
http://www.authenticwatches.com/-tissot-t-sport-prs516-automatic-chronograph-t0446142603100.html
" All Hands on Deck" Movadobaby_2140_9703656
Muhle Glashutte Marianus III
http://www.watchbuys.com/store/pc/Muhle-Glashutte-Marinus-III-Steel-Rubber-Strap-18p1403.htm
" All Hands on Deck" Muhlemarinusiiistrap_531_general

Hope this helps a little John ! Smile

Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: " All Hands on Deck"   " All Hands on Deck" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 1:36 am

Thanks Mark and Tom! Both the Tissots and the Muhle Glashuttes are very nice. Wish I had access to all of these for comparison and for how they look and feel in person.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: " All Hands on Deck"   " All Hands on Deck" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 1:47 am

Northwestguy wrote:
Thanks Mark and Tom! Both the Tissots and the Muhle Glashuttes are very nice. Wish I had access to all of these for comparison and for how they look and feel in person.

Don't mention it John ! ..It's alot of fun helping out !!! " All Hands on Deck" 803574

You are right about comparing them by the way. Just seeing the picture is much different
than seeing one in person I would imagine. Maybe someone has some of these, and can
help you out even more. In any case, that Damasko looks just outstanding imho.

Good Luck, have fun, and enjoy the search !

PostSubject: Re: " All Hands on Deck"   " All Hands on Deck" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 12:33 pm

After looking at all the watches mentioned so far, the original Damasko looks the best to me. Hard to top it really.
Back to top Go down
watchdaddy1
Associate
watchdaddy1

PostSubject: Re: " All Hands on Deck"   " All Hands on Deck" Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 1:48 pm

Hands down the Damasko
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: " All Hands on Deck"   " All Hands on Deck" Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:24 pm

Here are a few more just for fun John! Smile

Epos Sportive Chronograph black bezel, black strap
http://www.watchseller.com/epenaudach.html
" All Hands on Deck" Watchseller_2141_1686477611
Epos Sportive Chronograph stainless steel bezel, rubber strap
http://www.watchseller.com/epenchssberu.html
" All Hands on Deck" Watchseller_2141_1682377726
RGM Professional Diver
http://www.watchseller.com/rgm300prdina.html
" All Hands on Deck" Watchseller_2140_31250678
Omega Speedmaster Chronograph
http://www.bernardwatch.com/Omega/Speedmaster-Chronograph/OMG1688
" All Hands on Deck" OMG1688
Tudor Tiger Chronograph
http://www.bernardwatch.com/Tudor
" All Hands on Deck" TDR190

barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: " All Hands on Deck"   " All Hands on Deck" Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:43 am

like the Demasko John, the first MG watch is very cool Mark
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: " All Hands on Deck"   " All Hands on Deck" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

" All Hands on Deck"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: