The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New watch for only 20 value pays

Go down 
+2
sixtysix
Anomaly
6 posters
AuthorMessage

New watch for only 20 value pays Empty
PostSubject: New watch for only 20 value pays   New watch for only 20 value pays Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:43 pm

My father who was recently in town to visit sold me a watch of his he longer uses. His older eyes were having a bot of a tough time reading the time on this one so I told him I would buy it from him. I jokingly told him a few months ago I would make payments. Well he brought it with him this trip and agreed to the payment plan.

So now I am the proud new owner of this Breitling Aeromarine Shark chronograph. The watch has not been babied by my Dad and shows some wear. Nothing that a good polishing cant fix though. I tried to find some info on the internet but didn't come up with much other than some official stats. There does not appear to be too many of this version out there. Kind of panda version I suppose.

It seems to be keeping great time so far.

Here are a few pics I took and some stats.

* Case Materials: Stainless Steel
* Movement: Breitling 13
* Power Reserve: 42 Hours
* Water Resistance: 100m
* Bezel: Unidirectional
* Crown: Screw-Locked
* Crystal: Sapphire
* Diameter: 41mm
* Bracelet: Professional
* Lug Width: 20mm

New watch for only 20 value pays Img_3610cr2web

New watch for only 20 value pays Img_3627cr2web

New watch for only 20 value pays Img_3632cr2web

New watch for only 20 value pays Img_3639web
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New watch for only 20 value pays   New watch for only 20 value pays Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:06 pm

Saw this on DWC...AWESOME WATCH BRO!

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: New watch for only 20 value pays   New watch for only 20 value pays Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:32 pm

I do like that one, not so 'blingy' as some others...He's right the hands are hard to see, could swap them out for black hands, then your Dad may want it back. Congrats!!

New watch for only 20 value pays Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New watch for only 20 value pays   New watch for only 20 value pays Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:41 pm

killer piece,pops has great taste New watch for only 20 value pays 46145
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New watch for only 20 value pays   New watch for only 20 value pays Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 6:55 pm

Saw it at DWC, but Congrats again on a sweet Breitling that was your Dads watch!
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: New watch for only 20 value pays   New watch for only 20 value pays Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:03 pm

thats a awesome breitling and better yet it was your fathers. congrats and enjoy!! steve
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: New watch for only 20 value pays   New watch for only 20 value pays Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:17 pm

Doesn't get ANY better than this Hobbit ! Very Happy A STUNNINGLY beautiful watch, AND it was your
father's TOO ! ..THAT is OFF THE CHARTS COOL right there. Congratulations on being able to
add such a NICE watch to your collection. ..What's really very fun to notice about Breitlings
IS the overall quality, along with craftsmanship in my opinion. New watch for only 20 value pays 46145 You genuinely can see the
top notch build quality, as well as design of these watches just from the pictures. So having
the chance to own one in person has to be an unbelievable experience. I know just hearing
about how GREAT they are from everyone, that THIS must really be very very special for
you. Looking at the watch, one of the BEST parts HAS to be the dial on this one. It's just
insanely cool with that vibrant white that they went with. Add to that the fact that it looks
EXTRA deep also, and holy COW, you can really get lost in this amazing dial. I think that the
chapter ring helps add a little of that depth to the dial as well. The way in which the numbers
are on the side walls with the Tachymeter is OUTSTANDING imho. Plus the way in which it
transitions into the actual dial surface is perfect as well, with those countless tiny, and fine
hash-marks. Smile Then you discover just how NEAT the oval shaped markers look, and how
they add yet another intriguing aspect to this Breitling. Not only is it a very unique style
of marker, but the color is excellent as well. Almost seems like an off white, with a touch
of yellow, and green added in. It's just AWESOME sir !!! Have to also mention that it was
a great idea by Breitling to have that marker shape, and color, because it stands out just
enough against the white dial without overshadowing it at all. It also manages to keep the
classy theme alive with that combination too. Even the LARGE sub-dials work extremely well
here. They fit in perfectly between those markers, while giving a bold, aggressive charge
to the dial imho. Every single aspect work well, and fits perfectly into what this watch is
supposed to be. A classy timepiece, with just the right amount of smooth aggression that
makes things even MORE interesting. Another example of the classiness, would have to be
the hands, which again look TERRIFIC. They melt into the dial nicely, and even manage to
play off the markers a little with their lumed sections on them. NICE ! ..One more example
of the bold, aggressive styling would DEFINITELY have to be the bezel here. You have that
patented style with the bezel's numbering, and size. While the bezel's edge with it's width,
along with it's with teeth, really make an impact with the overall style of this watch as well. New watch for only 20 value pays 803574
Then later when it continues into the beautiful case you have the makings of a REAL CLASSIC.
The look, and size of the case is just right, and it compliments the the rest of the watch
incredibly well. It looks like it must be EXTRA comfortable on the wrist if you ask me, and it
seems like that exceptional bracelet helps out in that category also. Between the link style,
build, and brushing on it, you have to smile Hobbit ! Smile This Breitling, REALLY seems to have
ALL of the things that makes a watch special. It has the looks, the quality, the craftsmanship,
as well as being given to you by your father that makes this one priceless sir ! Congratulations
to you once again, and as always..Enjoy !

Stunning watch, AND photos !

PostSubject: Re: New watch for only 20 value pays   New watch for only 20 value pays Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:58 pm

^ That's a beautifully elegant Breitling chrono - can't say that about all of them. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: New watch for only 20 value pays   New watch for only 20 value pays Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:04 am

Beautiful watch.
The fact that it was your dad's makes it all the more special.
Certain he was very proud to acquire it.
You'll feel that every time you put it on. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: New watch for only 20 value pays   New watch for only 20 value pays Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:14 am

Gorgeous Watch! I love the 3 hand version and now I love the chrono! Congratulatios!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New watch for only 20 value pays   New watch for only 20 value pays Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 10:45 am

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! Especially Tom who always takes such time to respond to these threads

I did spend a few hours cleaning up the watch. I removed the bracelet and taped it off appropriately and re brushed the center links. Then I taped off the outer edges and polished the outer links. I polished the case and bezel a bit as well. While it still shows a bit of wear it does look a lot better. cheers
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: New watch for only 20 value pays   New watch for only 20 value pays Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:04 pm

You are very welcome Hobbit ! New watch for only 20 value pays 803574 ..What A WATCH this is, and it's great that
you are able to fix it up like you are saying too ! ..NICE job sir !!! Enjoy !

PostSubject: Re: New watch for only 20 value pays   New watch for only 20 value pays Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New watch for only 20 value pays
Page 1 of 1