The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is the Watch Force with you ?

Go down 
+2
TAZMAN64
AtomicTom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Is the Watch Force with you ? Empty
PostSubject: Is the Watch Force with you ?   Is the Watch Force with you ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:25 pm

Do you ever find yourself noticing watches more, and more on people every day ?
Seems like no matter if it's in every day life, watching T.V., or movies, that watches
find a way to reveal themselves to us. Maybe you might be out in public, at the movies,
or at home surfing through the channels, but somehow you are bound to notice that
watch, and hopefully even be able to identify it. So, what do you guys think ? Do you
also have this strange ability ? cheers Any stories, or thoughts ?

Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Is the Watch Force with you ?   Is the Watch Force with you ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 9:38 am

when im watching a movie i always look to see what the main guy is wearing, john travolta wears a lot of breitlings on screen and i think in the real world seeing how he's a pilot. when im out i might notice some watches but i dont go looking for them. you know how you here a lot of people on the forums say they get tons of compliments on there watch? well ive never had one person come up say "nice watch" or anything like that. im sure it does happen, just not that much. steve
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Is the Watch Force with you ?   Is the Watch Force with you ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 9:45 am

Visited the doctor the other day. He noticed my Accutron chronograph. He normally had an Invicta ProDiver with the Japanese automatic movement. Had a nice talk about watches. He does not like automatics because when he is "in the lab" he can't wear a watch. So he has to "restart" it everytime. So he told be he just ordered a quartz Seiko diver, he found a Japanese only that he liked because of the style of the hands. Sounds like all the traits of an emerging watch guy.

Yes AT, I notice watches everywhere. It is just strange when someone notices back.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Is the Watch Force with you ?   Is the Watch Force with you ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 10:50 am

Yep, I'm always looking. My wife even teasingly says when we are watching anything "oh, what kinda watch was that?"

lol!

PostSubject: Re: Is the Watch Force with you ?   Is the Watch Force with you ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 12:34 pm

Interesting question, Tom.....I always look. Heck, last week I spent a day on the road driving around northern Indiana and interviewing the presidents of three RV companies for a story I'm working on...I made a point of checking what each was wearing. Only one had a killer watch on — a Tag Grand Carrera, no less — and he took it off for me to take a look. He appeared impressed with what I was wearing at the time, too — my 7750-powered Phillip Admirale (48mm) with brown dial/brown croc strap...
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Is the Watch Force with you ?   Is the Watch Force with you ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 7:50 pm

AWESOME stuff guys !!! Very Happy ..I knew we all probably kind of did the same thing with this !
It's REALLY interesting, and of course fun reading about everyone's thoughts, and stories
with this because it sounds like we have all had similar experiences. Whether it's the movie
star in movies that you notice what watch he is wearing like Steve here. Or are watching
T.V. and discover, or identify them like Alan there. We are bound to notice THAT watch !
It's even extra nice when just like Chris, and 25or6to4 pointed out, YOUR watch is lucky
enough to be noticed by someone out there as well.

Thanks again everybody ! Really appreciated, and enjoyed all of your stories, thoughts,
and opinions ! Smile

Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Is the Watch Force with you ?   Is the Watch Force with you ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:12 am

GUILTY!

I am watch watching whore. Every day no matter where I am, I'm a'lookin'.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Is the Watch Force with you ?   Is the Watch Force with you ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:45 am

PoliMalaka wrote:
GUILTY!

I am watch watching whore. Every day no matter where I am, I'm a'lookin'.

The Watch Force is strong with you Poli ! cheers

Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Is the Watch Force with you ?   Is the Watch Force with you ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:42 am

All the time Tom.

Drive my wife nuts pausing the DVR to step through frames for a better look. Also reconsidered a previously written off Citizen based on seeing it over and over on the wrists of others at work, the airport etc.

Can't shake it.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Is the Watch Force with you ?   Is the Watch Force with you ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 9:19 am

jaw wrote:
All the time Tom.

Drive my wife nuts pausing the DVR to step through frames for a better look. Also reconsidered a previously written off Citizen based on seeing it over and over on the wrists of others at work, the airport etc.

Can't shake it.
Show us you will...
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Is the Watch Force with you ?   Is the Watch Force with you ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:09 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:
jaw wrote:
All the time Tom.

Can't shake it.

Show us you will...

Ok, this is it - Flat bracelet connection to the case is what turned me off and eventually grew on me. Liked the size @ 46mm the all black version wearing larger. Also the case asymmetry at the 8. Just a basic but nice business casual sport watch with good presence. But passed over it a zillion times at the mall, only seeing on others put me over the edge.

Is the Watch Force with you ? Citizen_AV003159E_jaw-vi
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Is the Watch Force with you ?   Is the Watch Force with you ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 3:54 pm

jaw wrote:
PoliMalaka wrote:
jaw wrote:
All the time Tom.

Can't shake it.

Show us you will...

Ok, this is it - Flat bracelet connection to the case is what turned me off and eventually grew on me. Liked the size @ 46mm the all black version wearing larger. Also the case asymmetry at the 8. Just a basic but nice business casual sport watch with good presence. But passed over it a zillion times at the mall, only seeing on others put me over the edge.

Is the Watch Force with you ? Citizen_AV003159E_jaw-vi

This Citizen is just INCREDIBLE Jaw ! Is the Watch Force with you ? 803574 Is the Watch Force with you ? 803574 The case, and dial are SO original looking, and of
course cool. While the bracelet with that flat bracelet connection, along with link design is out of
this world. It's the kind of watch that you can feel the quality of just from the pictures. Smile

The Watch Force is definitely with you as well sir !

By the way, I also find myself trying to see what watch others are wearing, and do that same thing with
the DVR as well. cheers

PostSubject: Re: Is the Watch Force with you ?   Is the Watch Force with you ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is the Watch Force with you ?
Page 1 of 1