The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clerc Icon8

Go down 
+4
TAZMAN64
smellody
Northwestguy
PoliMalaka
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Clerc Icon8 Empty
PostSubject: Clerc Icon8   Clerc Icon8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:30 am

So, I posted a thread recently regarding an experience with WoW with my Oris Worldtimer. Long story short, they couldn't fix my Oris so they gave me a full refund. More here:

https://xtrememeantime.forumotion.com/t7240-customer-service-experience-with-wow

Well, after looking at their selection I settled on a Clerc, a brand you don't see too often, but appears to be solid. My Oris and few hundred dollars to Lior and I got this:

Clerc Icon8 Clercy

Here are the specs on it:

Brand Clerc
Style I8DTA25-SLVR50S
Case Stainless steel
Dial Color Silver
Bracelet Stainless steel
Clasp Type Push button hidden
Subdials 12 Hour
Calendar Big date display at 12:00
Movement Swiss made automatic, 21 Jewels (ETA 2892.A2)
Crystal Sapphire
WR 10 ATM/100 meters/330 feet
Case Thickness 13 mm
Bracelet Width 24 mm
Bracelet Length 8.75 inches

As you can see it's a big watch 44mm. Its a dual time display, much like the Oris I gave up. This one is not as easy to set as the Oris. The crown has to be pulled all the way out to its 3rd position. Turning the hands clockwise cause all 4 hands to turn. Turning the hands counterclockwise both the minute hands and the main hour hand move. This is how both time zones are set.

Clerc Icon8 Clerc3

The watch itself has a unique shape, not like anything in my collection. It has a polished bezel and polished bracelet links, evident by all the reflections on the watch when I was trying to take photos. The center links of the bracelet are textured and brush finished.

Clerc Icon8 Clerc10
Clerc Icon8 Clerc4
Clerc Icon8 Clerc2

It has a dual deployant clasp, signed screw-down crown that has a cool blue color on it. 100m water resistant and see throw case back, both sides are sapphire. There is no lume on the hands or dial. 3 link bracelet with screws. The bracelet is not integrated, but as you can see from the pictures, it isn't standard either. Finding an aftermarket strap or bracelet probably won't be easy, but it's not something I'm looking to do anyway as the bracelet that is on there fits it just right.

Clerc Icon8 Clerc5

Overall its a well made watch, has some heft to it and the quality of the fit and finish is obvious. The movement is a nice gold color with blued screws and really stands out in this polished stainless steel case.

Clerc Icon8 Clerc6

So far its +6s for the day I've owned it, combination wrist and watch winder, so not too bad. It feels well out of the box, so I probably won't need to re-size it. The box by the way is one of the nicest boxes I've seen. My wife thinks its a bit "bold", which means probably a little too hip for her tastes. Could also mean she thinks its a little too much on the fashion side. For me, it's keeping good time and looks good on the wrist even if that look is bold, so I'm keeping it. It's a unique look, now all I have to do is keep the smudges off the polished finishes. Thanks for looking!

Clerc Icon8 Clerc9
Clerc Icon8 Clerc8
Clerc Icon8 Clerc7

Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

Clerc Icon8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clerc Icon8   Clerc Icon8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:45 am

That is one sweet watch! Love how trendy it is.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Clerc Icon8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clerc Icon8   Clerc Icon8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:56 am

Pretty "COOL" looking watch! Like it better than the Oris you had problems with and I am an Oris fan.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

Clerc Icon8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clerc Icon8   Clerc Icon8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 2:21 am

Very nice hipster!
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

Clerc Icon8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clerc Icon8   Clerc Icon8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 2:22 am

Great looking Clerc Icon 8, I was looking at the scuba and the other icon 8 with big date and power reserve. Ive heard alot of good things about clerc watches and you dont see them every where. Congrats on an awesome watch. Steve
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Clerc Icon8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clerc Icon8   Clerc Icon8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 10:40 pm

Holy COW Aztecknight !!! cheers ..Looks like it all turned out GREAT with that WOW
store credit ! Very Happy Not that the Oris you had wasn't REAL nice, but this Clerc genuinely is
something different, that you don't see much as you mentioned. ..Thinking that this
Clerc is the kind of watch that stands out in a collection, and must be something very
special to have. Just the all around style, as well as shape of your new watch here is
astounding in my opinion. I mean alot of times we see round, square, oval, along with
rectangle cases, but this is something very different sir. At times you can see a circle,
while other times it's a rectangle, or square. Then all of a sudden you deiscover that
there is an especially cool octagonal theme happening. cyclops ..Yowza, it's just REALLY
AMAZING ! You have this bezel area which instead of having markers, or numbers,
has "Clerc" on it which is unique. Then you have a neat logo at the 12 o'clock position
which is extremely eye-catching. ..Also attractive, is the various angles that literally
seem to be cut into the bezel. They seem to be very prominent near the 12, 3, 6, and
9 o'clock spots, but also reveal themselves on the inner part of the bezel leading to
the dial. Clerc Icon8 46145 Speaking of that dial, it's hard not to be astonished by all of the details
that it has to offer. First of all, the dial shape looks as if it becomes round within the
octagonal bezel. You can really notice the classy long markers, as they show against
the white dial. Those opposing black shapes on the dial also grab your attention. I
enjoy how the date window is surrounded by a uniquely cool shape, but also like
the sub-dial shape at the bottom of the dial. Both of them are different shapes, but
still seem to reflect the case, or bezel shape. ..Add to that, the ICON 8 emblem
which does the same thing, and you have a watch that leaves no stone unturned
when it comes to be flawless with the details. Even the hands have a different, or
unique theme. The finish almost looks as if it follows along with the polished finish
of the bezel, and even the shape is spectacular. That second hand also manages
to kick in some extra sportiness as well. ..Truthfully Aztecknight, you could spend
an infinite amount of time enjoying all that this watch is. Just take all of those hash
marks on the outer edge of the dial. Wow, THAT is excellent as well, and it's just
a part of what makes this watch so great. From the bezel, and dial to the beautiful
case which holds this stunner together. You have to be in awe of what has been
done by Clerc here. The quality of the materials, as well as the uniquely cool design
is mesmerizing. Honestly, you might expect to see a watch like this at a watch show,
but to have it on the wrist is INCREDIBLE imho. Hey, and how about the bracelet
on this one ?! What an EXCEPTIONAL style, and look sir. Same thing for the case
back, which has that patented shape, neat emblem on the glass, as well as terrific
movement. This watch is beyond COOL, it's uniquely cool !!! Congrats to you, and
I hope you enjoy this one for many many years to come ! Smile

Uniquely cool watch, along with PICS !

Clerc Icon8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clerc Icon8   Clerc Icon8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 12:28 am

Thanks fellers. Worn it 2 days in a row, still liking it, looks like it's about +7s/day so far.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Clerc Icon8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clerc Icon8   Clerc Icon8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 1:15 am

Definitely one of the coolest watches I have seen in a while...ENJOY!

Consigliere
sixtysix

Clerc Icon8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clerc Icon8   Clerc Icon8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 4:15 am

I like this one too, very nice design...bracelet looks nice and comfy too...

Clerc Icon8 Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Chris S.
Senior Associate
Chris S.

Clerc Icon8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clerc Icon8   Clerc Icon8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 10:49 am

Congrats, Digginthe new Clerc Clerc Icon8 933578

Back to top Go down

Clerc Icon8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clerc Icon8   Clerc Icon8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:33 am

I really like the looks of this watch...thought long and hard about pulling the trigger when it came up as one of the watches on WoW's weekend watch show....cuz it was "singing to me" and Lior was offerin' "stress-free" Value Pays...
Back to top Go down

Clerc Icon8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clerc Icon8   Clerc Icon8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 6:58 pm

Very unique, you don't see Clerc that often. Pretty cool overall design!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clerc Icon8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clerc Icon8   Clerc Icon8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clerc Icon8
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Who Are You, What Did You Just Get, What do you have? :: New Arrivals-
Jump to: