The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Benarus Megalodon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 1:51 pm

Looking for opinions on this model and the brand in particular. I've been on the hunt for one of these for the past week. I have a bid on one at the moment and just missed on one yesterday on the bay.

Can anyone give me some insight into the brand? Is it worth the grand that I'm going to have to spend to spend to get it? The only reson that I'm asking is because when I break down the specs, the Megalodon is basically a TRex Diver, aside from the movement: 320 grams, 49mm, sapphire crystal. Of course, it's extremely limited and when they put a # on it, they tend to stick to it. I guess that would warrant the extra cash needed to acquire one.

This will be my initial foray into the watch world outside of Invicta and Renato. I'm looking to turn the corner and add some "higher" end stuff to the collection. I've spent a bunch of $ on the other brands that I listed and I've never been burned, fortunately, in light of the crap going on with the "I", but it's time to "graduate". I still like the designs and the bang for the buck that the other brands offer, but I wanna see what's it's like on the other side.
What say you? Thanks.
Back to top Go down

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 2:14 pm

if you can get one,buy it.there put together very well.large presents on the wrist.

Benarus Megalodon BenarusMegalodon019
Benarus Megalodon BenarusMegalodon022
Benarus Megalodon BenarusMegalodon024
Back to top Go down

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 2:27 pm

Yeah, that's the ticket right there Dave! The one I'm bidding on is the PVD with orange dial.
That thing is ill!
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:45 pm

Hey Tuna, Benarus is a killer micro brand with great c.s. I owned the first meg and paid $650.00 new for it. I had the meg 2 on order but cancelled do to the price!! I honestly dont think its worth 1k especialy for a used one. The benarus watches do seem to hold there value (on most models) The one thing i couldnt get over and is why i sold it is the lugs are to fricken big, i loved the case and bracelet but hate those lugs. i hope this helps here is a pic of the one i had. steve Benarus Megalodon P1063483M55
Benarus Megalodon P1063474M88
Benarus Megalodon P1243604MEG6
Back to top Go down

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 7:42 pm

That's a big help Steve. thanks. Looks like they shot the cost way up because of the demand! Unfortunately, I'm late to the party and I guess I'll have to pay the premium. Every piece that I've seen sold has gone for $900 or better.
It looks like the lugs won't affect me, since I have some Venoms in the collection. I can't imagine they'll be larger than that?
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 10:47 pm

I unfortunately don't have a Benarus Tuna, but still think their watches, and especially
this Megalodon you are looking at is really impressive. They just seem to do everything
right with their watches. So many neat designs, along with what looks like top notch
build quality, and materials. Plus they just look plain COOL ! Cool ..Add to all of that the
reviews, along with pictures from Dave, and Steve, and these watches seem even
NICER ! Smile By the way, the PVD with orange dial version you are talking about sounds
like a real winner !!! ..GOOD LUCK to you, and let us know how it goes with this.

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 11:45 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
I unfortunately don't have a Benarus Tuna, but still think their watches, and especially
this Megalodon you are looking at is really impressive. They just seem to do everything
right with their watches. So many neat designs, along with what looks like top notch
build quality, and materials. Plus they just look plain COOL ! Cool ..Add to all of that the
NICER ! Smile By the way, the PVD with orange dial version you are talking about sounds
like a real winner !!! ..GOOD LUCK to you, and let us know how it goes with this.

Thanks AT. I will know sometime tomorrow if I will land this bad boy!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 11:54 pm

tunaslayr wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:

Thanks AT. I will know sometime tomorrow if I will land this bad boy!

No problem Tuna. I really hope you win it sir ! Benarus Megalodon 803574

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 4:06 pm

[b]Well....got outbid a couple of times on the Meg. I chose to leave well enough alone and I get a PM from a member of another forum who had a change of heart about selling his. I save at least $150 and the Meg is on the way! Hope it lives up to my hype.[i]
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:14 pm

tunaslayr wrote:
[b]Well....got outbid a couple of times on the Meg. I chose to leave well enough alone and I get a PM from a member of another forum who had a change of heart about selling his. I save at least $150 and the Meg is on the way! Hope it lives up to my hype.[i]
Hey Tuna, thats great news. Im sure you will like this one, the thing is built like a tank. The bracelet reminds me of tracks on a tank and like i said they seem to hold there value well so if you decide to get rid of it you should do alright. Post lots of pics when you get it and let us know how you like it. Steve
Back to top Go down

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:28 pm

[quote="TAZMAN64"]
tunaslayr wrote:
Well....got outbid a couple of times on the Meg. I chose to leave well enough alone and I get a PM from a member of another forum who had a change of heart about selling his. I save at least $150 and the Meg is on the way! Hope it lives up to my hype.
Hey Tuna, thats great news. Im sure you will like this one, the thing is built like a tank. The bracelet reminds me of tracks on a tank and like i said they seem to hold there value well so if you decide to get rid of it you should do alright. Post lots of pics when you get it and let us know how you like it. Steve[/quote

[b][i]Certainly will do Steve! Should land by Friday. Very excited to see this one up close!
It's identical to the one you sold...hell, it might BE the one you sold!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:08 pm

tunaslayr wrote:

Sounds like things worked out just fine Tuna ! Benarus Megalodon 803574 You are getting the watch you wanted
for an even better price now. VERY cool !!! ..Thanks for the update, and congrats ahead
of time !

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:03 pm

tunaslayr wrote:

It will!!!!
Back to top Go down

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:05 pm

[quote="tunaslayr"]
TAZMAN64 wrote:
tunaslayr wrote:
Well....got outbid a couple of times on the Meg. I chose to leave well enough alone and I get a PM from a member of another forum who had a change of heart about selling his. I save at least $150 and the Meg is on the way! Hope it lives up to my hype.
Hey Tuna, thats great news. Im sure you will like this one, the thing is built like a tank. The bracelet reminds me of tracks on a tank and like i said they seem to hold there value well so if you decide to get rid of it you should do alright. Post lots of pics when you get it and let us know how you like it. Steve[/quote

[b][i]Certainly will do Steve! Should land by Friday. Very excited to see this one up close!
It's identical to the one you sold...hell, it might BE the one you sold!

Nope, I (was) the only owner, took delivery straight from Hong Kong. It's a bit different than Steve's also, his had the lumed bezel, yours is 100% bead blasted.
Back to top Go down

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:37 am

[quote="RLFierro"]
tunaslayr wrote:

It will!!!![b][i]It sure as hell does Rich! I already love this thing and it's only been on the wrist for 10 min. A very nice piece! It's my first watch with the 2824. Very smooth . Thanks for the change of heart!
Back to top Go down

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 9:41 am

[quote="tunaslayr"]
RLFierro wrote:
tunaslayr wrote:

It will!!!![b][i]It sure as hell does Rich! I already love this thing and it's only been on the wrist for 10 min. A very nice piece! It's my first watch with the 2824. Very smooth . Thanks for the change of heart!

Awesome, glad you're diggin it Eric!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Benarus Megalodon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: