The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yema Sous Marine

Go down 
+2
AtomicTom
sixtysix
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

Yema Sous Marine Empty
PostSubject: Yema Sous Marine   Yema Sous Marine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 9:28 pm

I have been looking for vintage and newer Yemas on eBay for a while, for some reason everything that appealed to me sold for big $$ or was too small to wear ...so after about a year of this, I just bit the bullet and bought a new shiny Sous Marine. (Yema is French, but this watch does not say where it's made anywhere on it). The small cyclops is mounted under the glass and is hard to notice, the giant bezel lock is not!!

Specs......

Movement: Miyota 8215 automatic
Material: Stainless Steel
Crystal: Mineral
WR: 300M
Width: 44.5mm (without crown; 52mm with crown)
Height: 17mm
Length: 56mm
Lugs: 22mm
Weight: 244g (with all links)

Yema Sous Marine 100_1000

Yema Sous Marine 100_1003

Yema Sous Marine 100_1005a

Yema Sous Marine 100_1007

Yema Sous Marine 100_1014a

Yema Sous Marine 100_1009

Yema Sous Marine 100_1017

Yema Sous Marine 100_1020

Yema Sous Marine 100_1021

Yema Sous Marine 100_1022a

Yema Sous Marine 100_1010

Yema Sous Marine Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Yema Sous Marine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yema Sous Marine   Yema Sous Marine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 11:22 pm

Gary, it's ALWAYS amazing to see the watches in your collection sir ! Very Happy Not only do you
have all of these exceptional vintage watches, but you also have such an INCREDIBLE
line up of newer watches like this Yema here ! Smile You just have a real knack for how,
and what to collect imho. Each of your watches really make an impact. From the classy,
and sporty, to the uniquely cool, your watches are always memorable, and this new Yema
is a prime example if you ask me sir. Honestly, you don't see this watch every day. Plus
it looks like one of those watches that we might expect to see on the cover of this, or
ANY month's watch magazine's cover ! Very Happy What's so interesting about your new Yema is
how it manages to have that epic dive watch feel to it, while also managing to look like
an out of this world prototype that a watch brand might be showing off for everyone to
see. It brings the best of both worlds together imho. You have a sporty/classic look
meeting a intriguing futuristic theme with this one. In any case, it's VERY NICE, and
BEYOND cool Gary !!! Congratulations to you on picking this one up. Want to first
bring up, that the fit, and finish of the entire watch looks second to none sir. I'm not
sure a watch can look much better than this. I mean from the front, to the back, this
Yema has so many nicely polished, AND brushed sections it's hard to keep up. Add to
that the fact that there doesn't seem to be any flaw in any one part, and you really
have to be impressed. Once you notice that Yema did such a nice job with the fit,
and finsish, you REALLY can enjoy the rest of the watch ! cyclops ..I like how the dial
for instance seems to have a traditional set up with the markers. You have an easy
to read style, but also an energetic mix of dot markers, and cool rectangle-like shaped
markers. At first, it seems 100% traditional, but then you find that the dot markers
are fit in between those rectangle markers to create a very different, and EXTREMELY
nice pattern. Even the hands are a little different with their supercharged, harpoon like
shapes. It all helps give the watch it's very own theme. One which stands out among
the many classic divers out there. Hey, you could even say that date window position
adds a little more character to this one. cheers ..So does the stainless steel chapter
ring, which not only separates the dial from the bezel, but also helps show off the bezel.
Which by the way is SPECTACULAR ! Just the width by itself is outstanding, but then
the red, and black take things up a familiar, yet slightly different path. The size of the
numbers, along with how they are divided is sensational. Even the sharp bezel's edge
is excellent. However, it IS that out of this world bezel lock that sets this watch into
the stratosphere in my opinion. It just plain looks AWESOME, and helps the watch look
like it belongs on a watch magazine cover. Genuinely makes the watch look like it
means business I think, while also adding some attitude in as well. Even the crown
looks intimidating, but fits right in here ! Yowza, that is GOOD ! Something else that
is astounding is the case-back/blue exhibition window, and movement. Do not think I
have seen that tinted glass done so nicely. Especially with that FANTASTIC Yema diver
there, along with the beautiful movement ! Yema Sous Marine 46145 ..Oh wow, and just look at the
quality of this bracelet, and how "Yema" is on the clasp ! What A WATCH Gary !!!
Congrats once again on picking this INCREDIBLE watch. Really does belong on a
magazine cover. ..Enjoy !

Incredible watch, as well as photos !

Senior Associate
andrema

Yema Sous Marine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yema Sous Marine   Yema Sous Marine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 11:38 pm

Looks great Gary! It really looks different than any other watch out there!

Senior Associate
strutn45

Yema Sous Marine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yema Sous Marine   Yema Sous Marine Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 6:41 am

Very cool watch Gary, love the coke bezel clean look and its built
like a tank!
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

Yema Sous Marine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yema Sous Marine   Yema Sous Marine Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 6:43 am

Thanks guys!! Yema Sous Marine 803574

Back to top Go down

Yema Sous Marine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yema Sous Marine   Yema Sous Marine Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:07 am

very nicccccccccccce pick up.cool crown.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Yema Sous Marine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yema Sous Marine   Yema Sous Marine Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 10:03 am

Been a while since I have seen a Yema........Like it Gary! I love the Beefy sized crown. Does the black windowed piece rotate around the crown?
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

Yema Sous Marine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yema Sous Marine   Yema Sous Marine Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 11:07 am

Northwestguy wrote:
Been a while since I have seen a Yema........Like it Gary! I love the Beefy sized crown. Does the black windowed piece rotate around the crown?

Thanks!! ......No it stays put, you need to unscrew the crown to release the bezel from the black piece. It is part of the crown mechanism....in my opinion they could have done without this gimmicky crown/bezel lock, I am afraid something could get caught on it, but I guess it's part of the unique-ness I was going for....

Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Yema Sous Marine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yema Sous Marine   Yema Sous Marine Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 8:45 pm

Always like that watch...

Nice Hands...

UNIQUE bezel...

ENJOY!

Yema Sous Marine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yema Sous Marine   Yema Sous Marine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yema Sous Marine
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Who Are You, What Did You Just Get, What do you have? :: New Arrivals-
Jump to: