The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New cool diver in!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
thianwong
Senior Associate

New cool diver in! Empty
PostSubject: New cool diver in!   New cool diver in! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 7:06 am

started by Noah last year. He had the Seiko classic 6309 diver case beadblasted. This year, JakeB finished it off by having it DLCed, and installing the quartz Seiko 7548 movement and dial. The crystal is triple coated AR, I believe. Jake finished the stealth look with one of his excellent vintage waffle soft rubber diver straps.

New cool diver in! 5593761940_3ff8e7c919_b
wrist2 by thianwong1, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

New cool diver in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New cool diver in!   New cool diver in! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 9:28 am

Awesome tribute!

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

New cool diver in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New cool diver in!   New cool diver in! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 11:11 am

I like it Thian! I would like to see a DLC watch in person. I like the supposed durability of the finish. I have heard that it is not as dark as black PVD and more of a dark gunmetal. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

New cool diver in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New cool diver in!   New cool diver in! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:10 pm

This is so great Thian ! ..Really is a very nice tribute to Noah, and Jake finishing it off
with the DLC was a great finishing touch. There is just something about the look of
this one. Especially when it's in this super cool stealth form here ! Cool This is one that
will fit nicely into your collection, and be very proud of sir. Congratulations ! Have to
mention that that the idea behind the beadblasted finish together with the DLC is, and
has always been amazing to me. Really don't recall seeing it done anywhere else,
or by other watch companies that I can think of. On top of that, the idea of having
it done on these uniquely cool, and attractive Seikos is off the charts awesome in
my opinion. You can look around, and see alot of watches, and case shapes, but
these cases, along with many Seiko cases in general have something that is a little
different about them. They genuinely have a real charm to them. Reminding you of
the best dive watch looks of the past, while aggressively moving into the future
with it's own take on what dive watches should be like today. It's really pretty great
if you ask me, and it becomes even greater when Noah, along with Jake supercharge
an already super watch even more. ..I can't get enough of the case shape alone.
The way in which the sides are shaped is so exceptional. Again, there is a mix of the
traditional dive watch case shape, but there is a streamlining, and almost bending
of the overall shape that really fits in to great work done by Noah, and Jake. ..It
really is the perfect canvas for their talents. Just staying with the case for a minute,
as well as that beadblasted DLC. It's neat to see the way the matte black works
on the watch. You have it working flawlessly on the entire watch, and the way it's
done on the case is very ingenius. Add to that the fact that it matches that sporty
rubber strap just perfectly, and you have a masterpiece of ideas coming together
imho sir. ..What's particularly enjoyable, is that this is just the beginning ! Later on
when you realize the unbelievably cool, along with well thought out stealthy, and
sporty look continues on the bezel, and dial, you begin to appreciate what this watch
is even more. The black bezel against the black case is something to behold, and
the shiny finish works very very well also. It separates the sections of the watch,
but also calls your attention to the sportiness of the bezel too. ..All of those neat
dot markers, markers, numbers, lume pip, along with just outstanding bezel's edge
add in their very own character, and attitude to the watch. ..Later it's the dial that
comes in, and basically tries to steal the show. ..However, instead you have a
blending, or continuing of everything COOL ! Out of this world markers, hands,
along with design accents, that genuinely complete the exceptional idea that is
behind this watch ! New cool diver in! 46145 A watch that mixes the best parts from the past, with the
present, and even future to become a modern day classic, and legend. ..Just like
those who built it. ..Congratulations once again Thian ! Thanks for showing this
masterpiece to us, and ..Enjoy !

Unbelievably cool watch, along with picture !

Senior Associate

New cool diver in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New cool diver in!   New cool diver in! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 5:00 pm

Northwestguy wrote:
I like it Thian! I would like to see a DLC watch in person. I like the supposed durability of the finish. I have heard that it is not as dark as black PVD and more of a dark gunmetal. What do you think?

hmmm....beside a black PVD, the DLC appears lighter, and on this combo, it even seems to be the same shade of black as the waffle strap! I personally like the beadblasted look vs the shiny PVD for the stealth look. But, I do like the shiny black for a more dress black look haha!

New cool diver in! 5593762258_19122795e3_b
sideview by thianwong1, on Flickr

New cool diver in! 5573856134_3c4fceb1b0_b
jake Hybrid stealth model by thianwong1, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New cool diver in! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New cool diver in!   New cool diver in! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New cool diver in!
Page 1 of 1