The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1970's BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
watchdaddy1
Associate
watchdaddy1

1970's  BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO  Empty
PostSubject: 1970's BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO    1970's  BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 12:28 am

1970's SEIKO BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO

I'm starting to really like vintage pieces, about a year or so ago I started to look for a bullhead chrono, I wanted 1 that has'nt been overhauled , so I've been in contact w/ a man in the Philippines, finally struck a deal, it's all original w/scratches & all, the bracelet is new old stock, but dial,hands,crystal is all original.The patina on the dial & hands is way cool IMO...1970's  BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO  My%20love

1970's  BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO  SUC51835

1970's  BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO  SUC51836

1970's  BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO  SUC51837

1970's  BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO  SUC51838

1970's  BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO  SUC51839

In ALL it's glory

1970's  BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO  SUC51840
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: 1970's BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO    1970's  BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 1:17 am

Awesome piece! I have a few vintage Seiko Chronos (not a bullhead yet) and they are pretty cool. I love it!!

1970's  BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO  Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1970's BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO    1970's  BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 11:52 am

LOVE IT!!!! It looks to be in great shape. I'm a big fan of vintage Seiko chronos and have a brown Bullhead Speedtimer myself. They were HUGE for the time period and definitely way cool! Funny how many are available in the Philippines; almost every vintage seiko I bought came from there.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: 1970's BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO    1970's  BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 4:43 pm

Very Cool watch William! The case design and shape at the north end is really pretty cool. Congratulations on getting a vintage piece!
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: 1970's BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO    1970's  BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 6:39 pm

Hey William, Thats an awesome looking vintage seiko you found yourself. I realy like the looks of the dial and case on this one. Im glad you stuck with your search and finally found the one that you wanted. Congrats and enjoy!!! Steve
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: 1970's BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO    1970's  BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:08 pm

Oh NEAT William !!! Very Happy This vintage Bullhead Seiko is just UNBELIEVABLE ! From the
way the pushers, and crown look up top like that. To the distinct look of the case,
and dial. Smile Even the bracelet gives you that EXCELLENT vintage feel too ! Congrats
on getting interested in vintage watches, as well as picking out, and tracking down
such a winner here. ..There is just something special about these vintage watches
William. Their different designs, along with timeless quality seem to just get better
with age in my opinion. Also think the fact that these watches are originals, rather
a redone newer version is great too. You can genuinely get more of a feel for the
time that these watches were out. It's like an authentic time machine for the wrist,
as well as a cool new addition, AND direction for a collection. 1970's  BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO  803574 Probably one of
the first things to notice about your vintage Seiko here HAS to be that "Bullhead"
pusher, with crowns set-up. Have always liked this design, but honestly never knew
that they were called Bullheads until joining XMT, and hearing about them from
different people. The whole look is so different, along with iconic imho. It almost
makes the watch feel like it is alive or something with the pushers, and crown
literally looking like these intimidating horns. Add in the uniquely shaped sub-dials
on the dial, which remind you of eyes, and this vintage Seiko acts as if it is staring
right at you ! cyclops Hey, and look where the day, and date complication is here ! THAT
could even be it's mouth ! cheers Great stuff !!! Really seems to be a ton of personality
with this watch William. However, besides the personality, there seems to be some
real precision, and quality behind the look. The dial with it's exceptional hands,
and matching style markers for instance is perfect. ..As are the amazingly fine
hash marks which really give the dial an even more dynamic feel. I like how they
actually seem to give the dial some cool added extra depth, but are still a very
necessary part of the dial at the same time. The hash marks even help make a
connection between the dial, and bezel come to think of it. While the use of the
same color on the two further enhances the look of the watch, and makes the
dial seem a little larger also. ..Then, just when you think you have seen everything
with the "Bullhead" crowns, and pushers, the extremely nice dial, and bezel. It's
the UNBELIEVABLE case that steals the spotlight ! At first it's the look from above,
with it's vintage dive shape that you notice. Then you discover the lines, along
with edges from the sides. Followed by a BIG difference in thickness from top
to bottom, and what looks like a multi-level crown protection area near the crown,
and pushers ! WOW ! ..This watch has EVERYTHING William. It's unbelievable
from the pushers, and crown to the intricate, and beautiful bracelet. Congrats
once again, and of course ..Enjoy

Unbelievable watch, as well as pictures !

Associate
watchdaddy1

PostSubject: Re: 1970's BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO    1970's  BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 11:59 am

Thanks guys, I was skeptical when I purchased it wether I would really like it, but WOW!!! I LOVE IT... & Tom as always you r a master w/ words
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: 1970's BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO    1970's  BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 2:46 pm

watchdaddy1 wrote:
Thanks guys, I was skeptical when I purchased it wether I would really like it, but WOW!!! I LOVE IT... & Tom as always you r a master w/ words

Keep enjoying this one William. Very Happy It's REALLY something special !

PostSubject: Re: 1970's BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO    1970's  BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1970's BULLHEAD CHRONO AUTO
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Who Are You, What Did You Just Get, What do you have? :: New Arrivals-
Jump to: