The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deep Blue 3000m dive watch? Real or Marketing?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Deep Blue 3000m dive watch? Real or Marketing? Empty
PostSubject: Deep Blue 3000m dive watch? Real or Marketing?   Deep Blue 3000m dive watch? Real or Marketing? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 10:57 pm

OK, I have a question...is the new 3000m DB watch tested to the stated depth on the dial or is it just an assumption for marketing purposes?

Question: Why do I care?

Answer: Because there are true 3000m certified dive watches from brands like UTS, Breitling , Ball, Nivrel, Girard Perregaux...etc. that go through the time and expense to achieve this extreme rating status!

From the OceanicTime article ( http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/ ):

"the 16th watch to state a water-resistance of 3000m or higher and is thus ranked joint 8th deepest mechanical; at least on paper as it is not actually required for a dive watch to be pressure tested to its stated water-resistance if it does not want to call itself a ‘professional divers watch’ in accordance to ISO 6425."

The way that I read this is that the 3000m depth rating is just a guess based on assumptions, not true testing. Correct me if I am wrong, but that is the way it seems.

Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue 3000m dive watch? Real or Marketing?   Deep Blue 3000m dive watch? Real or Marketing? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:45 pm

Ping Stan and ask him info@deepbluewatches.com
He'll probably answer inside of ~15min.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue 3000m dive watch? Real or Marketing?   Deep Blue 3000m dive watch? Real or Marketing? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:59 pm

They are, but the definition of the testing required to consider a watch 3000m probably varies depending on who you ask.
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue 3000m dive watch? Real or Marketing?   Deep Blue 3000m dive watch? Real or Marketing? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 11:07 am

http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/

There is an update on Oceanic time
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue 3000m dive watch? Real or Marketing?   Deep Blue 3000m dive watch? Real or Marketing? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 11:42 pm

Looks like it is the real deal Mark. The link to Oceanictime is saying the
watch should be water resistant to 3750 meters or even more. Sounds
really impressive !!! Guess we can look forward to learning more as time
goes by also. Awesome question in any case though ! Smile

Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue 3000m dive watch? Real or Marketing?   Deep Blue 3000m dive watch? Real or Marketing? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 1:20 am

aztecknight wrote:
They are, but the definition of the testing required to consider a watch 3000m probably varies depending on who you ask.

There is an ISO standard I read recently which says the watches must be tested to 125% of the stated rating (using static testing methods). Can't recall the specific ISO regulation number but it should be easy to google.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue 3000m dive watch? Real or Marketing?   Deep Blue 3000m dive watch? Real or Marketing? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deep Blue 3000m dive watch? Real or Marketing?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: