The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED]

Go down 
+6
TAZMAN64
smellody
Anomaly
AtomicTom
Northwestguy
jaw
10 posters
AuthorMessage
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] Empty
PostSubject: Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED]   Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 8:13 pm

Just some quick and early impressions of this watch.

Had every expectation of sending this back, but was pleasantly surprised with the execution and size management. Asked the wife about the size being too large "heavens no" (no jokes please). Probably due to being low and wide with potentially large areas broken up by seams and extrusions. Looks good and upscale, but not Omega/Rolex upscale. Certainly not for everyone - It is a beast. Still, a considerable step up in execution for Deep Blue IMHO.

Too soon for Miyota 9015 impressions but very happy to finally have my first in this watch.

Pros

• WOW - A substantial cut above all other Deep Blues
  • Quite the accomplishment for Stan
  • Yes its a Big - But tastefully so
  • Domed Sapphire Crystal
  • Sapphire Bezel Insert - Provides an upscale appearance.
  • Great 120 Bezel Click Purr
  • Fit/Finish Excellent - No sharp edges anywhere
  • Solid Secure Crown Manipulation/Feel
  • Omega Design Queues in hour markers and bracelet links
  • Antique Marker/Hand Colors - Less saturated
  • Lume Outstanding
  • Thick Beefy Bracelet - Commensurate with case size
  • Good Evolution of the Pro Sea Diver Design

Cons

• Pin Tube Link System
  • Only 2 Micro Clasp Adjustments
  • Worried about the Sapphire Bezel - Would prefer Ceramic.

Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] EepBlue_DepthMaster3000_jaw_01-vi

Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] EepBlue_DepthMaster3000_jaw_02-vi

Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] EepBlue_DepthMaster3000_jaw_03-vi

5-Way Size Comparison
Seiko Tuna - Omega PO Chrono - Depthmaster 3K - Master 2K - SANIII (full resolution photo here)
Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] Compare_TunaPODM3KM2KSAN3_jaw1-vi

Thanks for Watching
--
jaw

Stats from Deep Blue DM3K Page
Water resistance: 3000M/10000FT

Movement: Miyota 9015 (date), 24 jewels, 28800 v/h Automatic + hand winding 42 hours power reserve

Case material: 316L stainless steel Bracelet material: 316L solid stainless steel, 26mm solid end-piece, 26mm first link, solid pin+tube system for adjustable links (with solid deployant clasp and solid diver extension.)

Crystal: Sapphire, domed Bezel: Stainless steel, unidirectional, 120 clicks with SAPPHIRE insert.

Helium valve: Automatic + protective cap. Crown: Triple O-ring screw type Case back: Double O-ring

CASE SIZE: Thickness: 19.50mm Width: 49.00mm (Crown and bezel guards not measured, with bezel guard: 53mm)) Length: 55.00mm Weight: 300 gm (10.5 oz)

Last edited by jaw on Mon May 11, 2015 9:06 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Comparison Photo)
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED]   Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 8:41 pm

Liked your review and pics Jeffrey! That watch would be a monster on my wrist but on yours it looks as if it was meant for you. Don't have that movement yet. Let us know what you think of it after wearing it for a while.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED]   Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:10 pm

I'm glad that you ended up keeping this Jeffrey, because this watch seems to have
it all. Genuinely seems to have it's own unique look, along with some classic themes
also. It has anything, and everything you could really ever need, or want in a watch.
The extremely attractive, and if I'm not mistaken original looking bezel, amazing case,
no nonsense, vibrant dial, top notch bracelet, case, AND movement all make this
Deep Blue Depthmaster very DYNAMIC ! Smile Congratulations on adding this one to
your collection !!! ..Must be something to now have the Miyota 9015 in your hands,
and on your wrist. Have heard alot of good things about it since it came out not
that long ago. I imagine it works very smoothly, and matches the overall fit, and
finish of the watch too. That right there is a great start imho. You have that perfect
mix of quality both inside, as well as outside the Depthmaster. It's pretty impressive,
and evidently one of, if not the best Deep Blue to date as you mentioned. Must be
alot of fun to see a watch company grow, and evolve like this. Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] 803574 ..Another thing
that is incredible to see in my opinion, is this bezel here Jeffrey. That unique design
on the sides with the oval tube-like chunks taken out of the steel are TOO GOOD !
I'm not 100% sure if that has been done on any other watches, but I haven't
honestly seen it before, and it's definitely the kind of detail that is extremely cool,
and interesting to see. Have to hand it to Deep Blue for trying something new with
this. So often we try to look for that new thing, or idea that will catch the eye, or
just be different. This is that special detail that makes a watch new, along with
exciting imho. The kind of detail that makes a watch stand out among other dive
watches, as well as a collection. Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] 46145 In addition, the way in which the outside
of the bezel moves into the upper portion of the bezel is awesome. ..Also have to
mention that the sapphire bezel looks GREAT from here. It works really well with the
crystal itself, and kind of brings a classy/sporty theme to the table. Especially in
how it seems to magnify those nice numbers, and markers so well. It's yet another
example of why this Deep Blue is so dynamic. Even the dial does everything right
with it's deep black dial showing off the exceptional markers, along with hands.
There is a definite boldness which is happening there. No matter if it's the orange
accents, or the sheer size, and detail on those hands, and markers. This dial takes
what we all like about dive watches, and perfects it I think. That triangle marker
alone is TERRIFIC, but then you notice that many of the other markers follow
along in the extremely cool, and vibrant footsteps of it. Same goes for the way
the case, and bracelet are done. You have this meeting of careful refinement with
all of the brushing, and shape of things. Then the bold size, along with stand out
design help finish it off in even more dynamic fashion. From the bezel, to the way
the case-back looks, this one has it ALL sir ! Congrats, and I hope you ..enjoy ! Very Happy

Dynamic watch, pics, AND review !

Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED]   Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:59 pm

That's a good looking watch for sure...

Enjoy!

Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED]   Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:21 pm

Great review Jaw! Hope to see this one in person.
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED]   Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 12:20 am

Great looking watch jaw!!! Im digging the sapphire bezel. This watch is a little bit out of my size range, but it realy looks like a great piece. steve
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED]   Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 10:25 am

Looks nice!

The only drawback is the size for me. Based on the size of your wrist, it would look like a dinner plate on my wrist Smile

I'm glad that you like it and that Stan is stepping up his game even further!

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED]   Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 10:28 am

Jeff - Can you do me a favor and take a picture of the Depthmaster next to your Tuna and PO? I want to see a comparison to get an idea of the size. That would be very helpful!

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED]   Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 11:39 am

Nice write-up, and good looking watch. I gravitate towards large divers. I like the look of this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED]   Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 11:45 am

that's one big mofo,but i like it.nicccccccccce review
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED]   Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 3:28 pm

I love the look but a tad smaller size would work better for me. 300gms is freakin' heavy. It does look great on you!

Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED]   Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 4:23 pm

Thanks guys,

I've had several requests for various comparison shots. Gonna take a while to get to that, but I will.

@Tom
Great job as usual filling in my personal observations that I rarely bother to share. You have a fine attention to detail.

Yes I too, thought the bezel was completely original until I saw a photo of the Seiko "Ashtray". Never seen this watch until this Watchfreaks Review.

Nothing new under the sun. As a designer myself who has borrowed much - I like the way Stan makes design features from other watches his own. Not an exact copy, just the essence. That is the way it should be done. BTW I have no idea if the Seiko was a source of inspiration or not.

Better photo from Seiko Citizen Watch Forum
Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] 13b5f0a188fad1303f0660c2
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED]   Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 5:15 pm

hey jaw, if you dont mind can you tell me the price on this one?
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED]   Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 5:29 pm

TAZMAN64 wrote:

$660 @ SlopNBC
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED]   Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 5:32 pm

jaw wrote:
TAZMAN64 wrote:

$660 @ SlopNBC
Thanks jaw, thats a damn good price. i tried D.B. web site and they have it listed as coming soon.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED]   Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 6:34 pm

TAZMAN64 wrote:
jaw wrote:
TAZMAN64 wrote:

$660 @ SlopNBC
Thanks jaw, thats a damn good price. i tried D.B. web site and they have it listed as coming soon.

I thought so.
Only available via SNBC for now.
Next show in August.

*** Comparison Photo Added Above ***
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED]   Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 9:03 pm

If they made it in 45mm i would be all over this. im looking for a diver in this price range for more of an every day piece. i realy like the helson sharkmaster with its sapphire bezel but it only comes in a white dial and they want 1k. a little steep imo for a micro brand with a eta 2824. congrats again looks like you got a lot for your money on this one. Steve
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED]   Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 9:32 pm

jaw wrote:
Thanks guys,

I've had several requests for various comparison shots. Gonna take a while to get to that, but I will.

@Tom
Great job as usual filling in my personal observations that I rarely bother to share. You have a fine attention to detail.

Yes I too, thought the bezel was completely original until I saw a photo of the Seiko "Ashtray". Never seen this watch until this Watchfreaks Review.

Nothing new under the sun. As a designer myself who has borrowed much - I like the way Stan makes design features from other watches his own. Not an exact copy, just the essence. That is the way it should be done. BTW I have no idea if the Seiko was a source of inspiration or not.

Better photo from Seiko Citizen Watch Forum
Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] 13b5f0a188fad1303f0660c2

Thanks Jeffrey, there honestly is so much to see, and appreciate with this one. ..Can see the similarity to
the Seiko you are talking about, as well as showing there. Thanks for that also ! Smile Still think the Deep Blue
has it's own unique feel though. The spacing of those cylinders, along with the added vertical ones on the
Depthmaster take this watch in a new direction imho. It's really pretty TERRIFIC !

Breez
Associate
Breez

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED]   Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 10:45 pm

I got mine today. Just tremendous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED]   Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deep Blue: Depthmaster 3000 - Impressions [UPDATED]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Who Are You, What Did You Just Get, What do you have? :: New Arrivals-
Jump to: