The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon Empty
PostSubject: HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon   HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 8:18 pm

You have probably been keeping tabs on the new Halios, and Boschett watches which
are on the horizon, but just in case here is a little info on the Halios 1000m diver, along
with Boschett Harpoon. The Halios 1000m, also known as 'The Puck' is a successor to
the Holotype. It is being tested right now by Halios, and is said to have a 47mm case,
double domed sapphire crystal, five screw fastened bezel, easy grip bezel teeth, and
24mm lugs. There are also said to be possible changes coming with the bezel insert,
hour hand, minute, and second hands. Found this information at Oceanictime, as well
as the Halios site. Here are those links..

http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/2011/08/halios-1000m-prototype.html

http://halioswatches.blogspot.com/

Looks like Boschett has made a couple of changes to the Harpoon as well. Besides
having the ETA 2824 inside, and a 45mm case, the second hand looks to have
been changed to a more harpoon shape. Lug width will now be 22mm, and one
of the bezels will have a 1mm lip in it. You can find this information, along with
some pictures at Oceanictime here..

http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/2011/08/boschett-harpoon-update.html

Any thoughts, or opinions?

Last edited by AtomicTom on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon   HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:01 pm

Not the biggest fan of micro dives or catalog divers. They lack heart and soul. Having said that, Halios has always stood out for me. I own the Bluering and wouldn't mind owning a Puck, I kind of like it, reminds me a little of Xetum.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon   HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:51 pm

Gonna pass on the Puck after my recent Laguna.
Not feeling the Boschett at all.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon   HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:50 pm

I kind of like the Puck but it's wayyyy too big at 47mm. Benarus has kind of priced me out with their latest models. Not sure about the Harpoon, I often find renderings deceiving though.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon   HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 1:19 am

Great points Azteck ! Definitely see what you are saying here. A lot of times the
micro brands can seem to make watches that look the same. This Halios, as well
as your Bluering do have some heart, and soul though. Smile Will be fun awaiting how
the final version of 'The Puck' turns out. ..By the way, I'm also seeing that similarity
to Xetum watches sir. HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon 46145

Jeffrey, your Laguna is pretty spectacular there. ..It's going to be hard for the Puck
to surpass it probably. Guess we'll have to wait, and see if it becomes more attractive
to you at some point later on. cyclops ..Sounds like the Harpoon missed the mark for you
too. To be honest, there are so many watches out there, it's hard to like them all.

It's a great point you make as well Mark about the 47mm size of the Puck. HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon 803574 ..That
size might keep some people away. If it were 44mm, or was even available in a couple
of sizes that would be cool. Have to agree with you as well about the smaller watch
companies pricing people out. I hope that doesn't happen here. Also guess we'll have
to wait and see how the actual Harpoon compares to those renderings sir.

Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon   HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 1:58 am

The only Halios I covet now is the Bluering (blue/bead like Marks).
The Puck is interesting but I've got way too many divers.

Last edited by jaw on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Mr Rick
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon   HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:07 am

I haven't warmed to the Halios case yet. However there may be a Boschette in my future. I like them.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon   HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 2:45 pm

jaw wrote:
The only Halios I covet now is the Bluering (blue/bead like Marks).
The Puck is interesting but I've got way too many divers.

Mr Rick wrote:
I haven't warmed to the Halios case yet. However there may be a Boschette in my future. I like them.

The Bluering is special Jeffrey ! There's just something about the way the hands, and markers
are with that one. They have that awesome big, chunky theme down perfectly, and once you
team them up with that cool case, bezel, AND finish it's incredible. Smile

Rick, could definitely see a Boschett finding it's way into your terrific collection that is for sure ! HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon 803574
Their watches always seem to catch the eye with their rugged, and sporty looking designs.

PostSubject: Re: HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon   HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 7:22 am

I think it's time for a CD III :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon   HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:22 am

like them both & will probably buy them both too.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon   HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 2:04 pm

Shounen wrote:
I think it's time for a CD III :-)

soberdave09 wrote:
like them both & will probably buy them both too.

Shounen, that would be REALLY great to see ! Smile Always thought the Cave Dweller was a tough looking watch.

Hey Dave, can definitely see either one, or both of these watches finding their way into your INCREDIBLE
collection sir. HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon 46145

Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon   HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:06 pm

The Puck is flat out FUGLY!!! IMO and the boschette looks like a thousand other divers. There is only one micro brand watch i would like and that is the helson sharkmaster sapphire bezel. Steve
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon   HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 1:11 am

TAZMAN64 wrote:
The Puck is flat out FUGLY!!! IMO and the boschette looks like a thousand other divers. There is only one micro brand watch i would like and that is the helson sharkmaster sapphire bezel. Steve

Guess it's all in the eye of the beholder with watches. That Sharkmaster is MEAN by the way Steve ! HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon 933578

PostSubject: Re: HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon   HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HALIOS 1000m and Boschett Harpoon
Page 1 of 1