A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQRegisterLog in

My Bronze Beauty From Magrette

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr Rick
Senior Associate

My Bronze Beauty From Magrette Empty
PostSubject: My Bronze Beauty From Magrette   My Bronze Beauty From Magrette Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 5:51 pm

Another lovely timepiece from the crew in the "City of Sails", Auckland, New Zealand. I'm sure I will enjoy it for many years to come.

Here is how the designer Mr. McAsey describes it.

I've always been a solid fan of the classic vintage yachts and thought it fitting my next timepiece design embrace the use of bronze as a homage to these beautiful vessels.

With this vision in mind we have designed a solid bronze brushed case that has been purposely created to patina quickly. This patina affect is intended to add depth of character to the case as well as giving it a truly vintage look when the antique aging takes affect. The bronze for the case of the Regattare Bronze is CuSn8, an alloy of copper and pure tin very resistant to corrosive action by sea water and atmospheric agents.

Keeping with Magrette's vision plus incorporating the vintage objective, we have added a chocolate brown dial but retained our modern Regattare numerals. By doing so, we have preserved our minimal trademark look and feel.

Another feature we felt we had to incorporate to encapsulate the old world feel is the use of New Zealand native Kauri (agathis australis). This has been designed to be viewed under the transparent glass back. Ancient Kauri found in New Zealand is the oldest workable wood in the world. The trees have been buried and preserved underground in swamps for more than 45,000 years. Giant Kauri trees were considered by Maori to be the kings of New Zealand forests. The Kauri is one of the largest and oldest growing trees in the world. Living Kauri trees are now protected.

The Reggattare Vintage Bronze features the Miyota 21 Jewel Automatic Movement. It has a 45 hour reserve and uses 'Parashock' - its own proprietary shock resistance on the balance. The Miyota has a track record of accuracy, dependability and longevity; three characteristics that Magrette timepiece wearers have whole-wristedly embraced.

MODEL: REGATTARE VINTAGE BRONZE
MOVEMENT: 21 JEWELS (MIYOTA) AUTOMATIC
CASE: BRONZE, BRUSH FINISH, 44MM EXCLUDING THE CROWN.
CROWN: SCREW DOWN
CRYSTAL: SAPPHIRE, AR (ANTI REFLECTIVE) COATED INSIDE THE CRYSTAL
WATER-RESISTANCE: 5 ATM (APPROX 132FT)
STRAP: 24MM LEATHER (BLACK WITH BLACK STITCHING)
BOX: ECO PINE
VINTAGE STYLE ROLL CASE: CANVAS
LIMITED EDITION: 1000 PIECES

My Bronze Beauty From Magrette Magb3

My Bronze Beauty From Magrette Magb4

My Bronze Beauty From Magrette Magb1

My Bronze Beauty From Magrette Magb5

My Bronze Beauty From Magrette Magb2-1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Bronze Beauty From Magrette   My Bronze Beauty From Magrette Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 10:10 pm

Love the pictures Rick... It is an awesome watch. I have been wanting to get a bronze watch for a while but they were all just a little out of my range. It was very nice to be able to get one at a price like this. Here's mine on a Steveo Strap (who also does very good work at reasonable prices).

My Bronze Beauty From Magrette Photobucket-5032-1317683945245

My Bronze Beauty From Magrette Photobucket-1854-1317683965567
Back to top Go down
Mr Rick
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: My Bronze Beauty From Magrette   My Bronze Beauty From Magrette Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 11:00 pm

Thanks. I have a strap provided by Crown & Buckle. I'm waiting for my bronze buckles to arrive. Though the provided strap is also very nice and is very serviceable.

Yours looks great BTW.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: My Bronze Beauty From Magrette   My Bronze Beauty From Magrette Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 4:14 pm

Love the patina, watch, crystal, and dial (Anonim-esque).
I am officially smitten by your pics.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: My Bronze Beauty From Magrette   My Bronze Beauty From Magrette Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 7:44 pm

The way Magrette keeps rolling out such sensational watches is hard to believe Rick ! cheers
Think they are one of those small watch companies that have really taken things up
a level. From their higher priced models, to the more affordable ones, Magrette seems
to work their magic. Smile Whether it's the attention to detail with all of their beautiful
cases, or the way the dials seem to come alive. Magrette seems to give their watches,
and customers their all. Which is REALLY nice imho. Not only do the watches look
great, but they evidently have some very creative people behind them that know
what people who love watches might like. Congratulations on finding such a cool
watch company, as well as watch ! My Bronze Beauty From Magrette 803574 Want to first thank you for giving us all
of the extra information about this Magrette. The story behind the bronze being
an homage to Mr. McAsey's enjoyment of older ships was terrific to learn about,
and helps you enjoy the watch even more. Also think the whole patina theme is
very interesting as well. Honestly never knew that much about it until the last few
months hearing about it from you guys. My Bronze Beauty From Magrette 46145 In any case, it's GREAT ! ..So was
the decision to go with that brown dial. The way that plays off of the bronze case
is TOO GOOD sir. Think it all has to do with Magrette again trying to understand
what watch people enjoy. They definitely found the secret it seems. cyclops Just the
bronze theme by itself, with it's connection to those classic vessels, as well as
older vintage watches is exceptional. On the one hand, you have yourself a BRAND
NEW watch that gives you a popular look, but then on the other hand you have
a timeless look TOO ! It's a perfect mix of everything cool imho Rick. ..Add in the
additional surpise of the watch actually changing over time with the patina, and
you really can't ask for much more. Can only imagine how much extra character
that will add to this watch, which ALREADY has a TON of character to begin with.
Seeing this vintage styled case with such an antique looking finish must be VERY
nice. Same goes for seeing that dial there with it's smooth looking markers, and
numbers. It just has such a warm feel about it with the combination of finishes,
along with colors. Even the way the hands match up with the look of the markers
is excellent. ..Also think the fact that there is actually wood within the watch is
out of this world also Rick ! Yowza, that isn't something you see every day with
watches. Wow ! Then again, this Magrette doesn't seem like your every day watch.
It has all of the style, and design to fit in today, but then has all of the craftsmanship,
and charm of yesterday. This Magrette is magical sir. Congrats, and as always, I
hope you enjoy ! Smile

Beautiful watch, beautiful PICS !

Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: My Bronze Beauty From Magrette   My Bronze Beauty From Magrette Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:31 pm

That's a nice one, Rick. Don't remember ever seeing a bronze watch before (but I live a sheltered life in the vintage kingdom!). king
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: My Bronze Beauty From Magrette   My Bronze Beauty From Magrette Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:20 am

Looks great!!

Question - How are you finding the crystal? Is the dial easy to read or does it take a little getting used to?

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: My Bronze Beauty From Magrette   My Bronze Beauty From Magrette Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 2:28 pm

Thanks to all.

Mark,

The crystal is really fine in normal use but it is very difficult to photograph without reflections. I have no problem reading the dial.
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: My Bronze Beauty From Magrette   My Bronze Beauty From Magrette Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 11:47 pm

Congrats you bought a bronze anonimo for 350 bucks!!!! Lol kidding.....truth be told my friend / next door neighbor bought one and damn in person it's hot! Strap is super soft too!!!!!! Very nice!
Back to top Go down
bigedsurf
Associate
bigedsurf

PostSubject: Re: My Bronze Beauty From Magrette   My Bronze Beauty From Magrette Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:07 am

awesome....that bronze case is just sick........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Bronze Beauty From Magrette   My Bronze Beauty From Magrette Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Bronze Beauty From Magrette
Page 1 of 1