The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Omega Speedmaster Quartz - The "Almost Forgotten Speedy"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Omega Speedmaster Quartz - The "Almost Forgotten Speedy" Empty
PostSubject: Omega Speedmaster Quartz - The "Almost Forgotten Speedy"   Omega Speedmaster Quartz - The "Almost Forgotten Speedy" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 9:56 am

For some reason, these were always interesting to me...there is one of these for sale at TRF, but I cannot bring myself to buy it.

Omega Speedmaster Quartz - The "Almost Forgotten Speedy" Dsc_5710

Omega Speedmaster Quartz - The "Almost Forgotten Speedy" Dsc_5810
Photos from this sales post -->> http://rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=194604

Specifications

Size:

The dimensions of this watch are 33.5mm wide (36.5mm over the pushers), 39.5mm long and only 7.2mm thick. The bracelet is a folded link type, with deployant clasp, and is integrated into the case. The watch weighs a total of 59 grams (2.0 oz) including the bracelet, and being so thin and light is all but unnoticeable during wear.

Functions:

The watch, by means of its single-row LCD display, can display:

*Time - Hours (12 or 24), Minutes and Seconds, and by a down-arrow Day of week.
*Time - Hours (12 or 24), Minutes and Date, as well as Day of week by the down arrow.
*1/100 second Chronograph, able to accumulate up to 23 hours 59 minutes and 59.99 seconds.
*Split Second Chronograph (as above)
*Lap time
*Split/stop of 2 consecutive times
*Light source for illuminating the display at night, powered by a separate battery.
Calendar programmed for leap years.

This is a nice write-up on the watch from TZ --->>> http://www.timezone.com/library/workbench/workbench0010

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Omega Speedmaster Quartz - The "Almost Forgotten Speedy"   Omega Speedmaster Quartz - The "Almost Forgotten Speedy" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 2:20 pm

Hey, this is really something to see Mark. To be honest, I'm embarrassed to admit that I
didn't even know that Omega made this type of digital watch. Embarassed It's definitely VERY cool, and
interesting that is for sure. Just to have one of these vintage digital quartz Omegas would
really be a high point in a collection due to the rarity, and uniqueness imho, and seeing the
name Speedmaster on it would make it extra special also. Smile In addition it seems like the
Omega quality is there as well with excellent accuracy of the quartz movement they made,
as well as an LCD display that was made by the company that became Eta. Wow ! Even
the case looks to be well made. This is, and was neat Mark ! ..Thanks !!! Always learning
something new !

thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Omega Speedmaster Quartz - The "Almost Forgotten Speedy"   Omega Speedmaster Quartz - The "Almost Forgotten Speedy" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 4:50 pm

I see similar Omega digitals on the Japan auction but haven't pulled the trigger. There is a round dial version, though, which I would love to find!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Omega Speedmaster Quartz - The "Almost Forgotten Speedy"   Omega Speedmaster Quartz - The "Almost Forgotten Speedy" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Omega Speedmaster Quartz - The "Almost Forgotten Speedy"
Page 1 of 1