The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aquagraph

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Aquagraph Empty
PostSubject: Aquagraph   Aquagraph Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 10:33 pm

This watch, Tag Heuer Aquagraph, caught my attention a while back. Waiting for a good deal on one in good condition. Finally found one, came in today.

It is 43mm, comes with the Calibre 60 movement which is an ETA 2892-2 with a Dubois Depraz 2073 chronograph module. Most interesting thing about the movement is that both the minute and second chronograph hands are on the main dial. Chrono hours at 6 o'clock, running seconds at 3, and 24HR at 9 o'clock. 500m water resistance. Signed screw down crown. Has a yellow gasket that can be seen below to let the user know the crown isn't screwed in.

Aquagraph Aquagraph2
Aquagraph Aquagraph4
Aquagraph Aquagraph3

Has an automatic helium valve and rubber pushers. The pushers are actually designed to be operated underwater. Unidirectional bezel that locks in place. To rotate, you have to push down on to opposite points of the bezel and rotage.

Aquagraph Aquagraph5

The watch still has the sticker on the back, I'll keep it there until I decide whether I'll keep it or not. Signed dual deployant clasp, diver's extension, and the bracelet tapers from 22mm to 20mm I believe. The one annoyance is user made, the previous owner had a smaller wrist than I and didn't have the extra links, so without the diver's extension, the watch doesn't fit. I'm ok with it, taken into consideration when I purchased, I'll have to buy at least one full link. No micro adjustments, but does have 2 half links. The center portion of the link is also slightly raised.

Aquagraph Aquagraph
Aquagraph Aquagraph6
Aquagraph Aquagraph7

Great lume. Accuracy is great so far, but I've only been wearing it 7 hours.

Aquagraph Aquagraphlume

Now to get me some links. So far so good. Going to give it a couple of weeks before deciding if I'll keep it. Thanks for looking.

Aquagraph Aquagraph8
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Aquagraph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aquagraph   Aquagraph Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 11:54 pm

What A TREMENDOUS looking Tag Heuer Azteck !!! cyclops Very Happy It's really terrific that you
were able to find one, and pick one up. The whole way the watch mixes in this cool
futuristic feel with classic themes is excellent. From the eye catchingly different
design of the bezel, hands, and markers. To the traditional deep black dial, look
of the numbers on the bezel, and smooth looking bracelet, this Tag has everything
you could ask for, and MORE imho. I hope you end up keeping it because it looks,
and sounds like an unbelievable watch. Congratulations ! Smile ..Another thing that
really stands out with the Aquagraph is what's inside the watch. That Caliber 60
sounds very special, and definitely matches the impressiveness of the outside
of the watch. Also think it was really great learning about where all of the different
chronograph hands are located on the dial Azteck. Aquagraph 803574 Even the crown, along with the
yellow gasket it has is something to see. It's like Tag Heuer thought of everything
that would make the Aquagraph exceptional, and then went the extra mile to
ensure that it surpassed all expectations. Another example of that definitely has
to be the bezel. At times it seems very futuristic with the overall shape that it
has, but then at other times it seems like a traditional diver's bezel with the way
the numbers, as well as markings are done. In any case, it's not a bezel, or case
that you are going to see out there on other watches. It brings in ALL of the best
aspects of dive watches past, present AND future. ..The bezel, along with case
draw you in, but then it's the dial that brings in more character. You have that
nice deep black finish, but then there are those amazing looking markers that
somehow blend an extra terrestrial feel with a cool under water marine theme.
It's just outstanding, and keeps finding ways to mesmerize you with the mix of
markers, markings, and sub-dials. Even the hands find a way to play off of the
markers so nicely. ..The yellow on the second hand, along with one sub-dial
hand is a perfect touch too. You just can't say enough good things about what
this Tag Heuer is, and does. The stand out design of the case, and bezel, along
with the class, and quality of everything is once again tremendous. You can just
feel the quality, and feel of that bracelet from here, and you can see that the
entire watch is one to REALLY enjoy ! ..I hope you will enjoy it for a long long
time sir. Aquagraph 803574 Congrats once again !

Tremendous watch, Tremendous pictures !

Chris S.
Senior Associate
Chris S.

Aquagraph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aquagraph   Aquagraph Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 12:42 am

Can't say anything after Tom has spoken ......Great peice and Welcome to the club Aquagraph 803574
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Aquagraph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aquagraph   Aquagraph Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:49 am

Guys love that watch!

Best looking Tag out there...enjoy!

Senior Associate
barnbuilder

Aquagraph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aquagraph   Aquagraph Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 2:24 am

nice Tag! I've always liked the look of these cases. Keep it
Back to top Go down

Aquagraph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aquagraph   Aquagraph Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 5:08 pm

New to Board here, but proud owner of 3 Tag Heuers. As of October 12, 2011, I am a proud owner of a NEW (from the retail Store in Houston texas) a CN211A.BA0353. You guessed it, the Aquagraph! I feel like this is a must have for any Tag collector, or enthusiast. My first Tag is a simple Aquaracer 2000 Calibre 5, and my second one as of July 2011, is the CAJ2110 500 m 44mm, Aquaracer. I think that piece is still more appealing than the "cold" Aquagraph, BUT, the Calibre 60 movement, is simply amazing to watch! Hard to juggle 3 watches, all automatics. Any recommendations on a good watch winder qnd what to look for when purchasing one? Thank you all for taking the time to read this post!
Back to top Go down

Aquagraph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aquagraph   Aquagraph Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 5:23 pm

My only complaint is the 42 mm size. according to Tag its a 42, and also the calalog has that as well stating its a 42. The only other 43 is the DAY DATE AUTOMATIC CHRONO. I enjoy just letting the movement run, and watching its progress. A very very interesting piece!! Just got some info on the watch, and it just becomes more interesting every day!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aquagraph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aquagraph   Aquagraph Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aquagraph
Page 1 of 1