The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Olivier Watches

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Olivier Watches Empty
PostSubject: Olivier Watches   Olivier Watches Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 3:26 pm

Hey everyone, have you seen this new watch company yet?! Just finding out about them from TLex at
Oceanictime.com. The company is based in Redondo Beach, Los Angeles, and is the creation of Roland
Oliver Tetenbaum who is a watch enthusiast making watches for other watch enthusiasts. Olivier watches
are tool watches that are very reliable, and are meant to be taken to extremes. The company also makes
all of it's watches in limited runs, and strives for top notch customer service. Roland even inspects each
watch before being shipped to you.

Here are a few specifications on Olivier watches first watch, the Olivier Bronze Diver 500...

CuSn8 Marine Grade Bronze cushion case which meaures in at 45mm. Lug to lug is 48mm.
316L stainless steel screw down crown, along with helium escape valve, 500 meter water
resistance, two different 120 click solid bronze bezels, sapphire coated 4mm crystals, along
with C3 Superluminova has been used on the dial markers, and hands. Both the ETA 2824-2,
and Miyota 8215 movements are options with the Bronze Diver 500. You can learn much
more over at Oceanictime, as well as the Olivier Watch site where all of this info was found.

Here are those links...
http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/2011/12/olivier-bronze-diver.html

http://olivierwatches.com/

Mr Rick
Senior Associate

Olivier Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier Watches   Olivier Watches Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 4:42 pm

I have one on pre-order and Roland is going to let me 'test drive' a prototype. cheers

Olivier Watches Olivierbronze-8
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

Olivier Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier Watches   Olivier Watches Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 11:43 pm

Very doxa like case...
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Olivier Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier Watches   Olivier Watches Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 10:24 pm

Mr Rick wrote:
I have one on pre-order and Roland is going to let me 'test drive' a prototype. cheers

Olivier Watches Olivierbronze-8

ericf4 wrote:
Very doxa like case...

Holy COW Rick, that is OUTSTANDING ! ..You are going to be an Olivier Pioneer sir. Very Happy By the way, that
is VERY nice of Roland to let you try out a watch like that !

Eric, hadn't noticed that Doxa theme at first to tell the truth, but now I'm seeing it thanks to you. Olivier Watches 803574

Mr Rick
Senior Associate

Olivier Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier Watches   Olivier Watches Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 3:29 am

Some people say it really hasn't happened without pictures, so here is proof of my visit this afternoon with Olivier watch founder/designer Roland Oliver Tetenbaum.

Roland was kind enough to spend some time with me discussing watches in general and specifically the Olivier Watch Company and the upcoming Olivier Bronze Diver. I got the chance to try on the prototypes, and hear Roland's thoughts about his design. I now know that watch designing and watch building are in his blood, and that he has the passion and drive to transform his ideas into reality.

Be advised that the designs will be produced in limited quantities, so pre-ordering is advised.

If these prototypes are any indication, I believe you can expect good things from Roland and the Olivier Watch Company, now, and in the future.

Olivier Watches Olivier1

Here is a comparison of a pair Roland's Olivier Bronze Divers with my Halios Laguna.
Back to top Go down
watchdaddy1
Associate
watchdaddy1

Olivier Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier Watches   Olivier Watches Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 3:48 pm

They look great, but I don't care for the open date aperture @ all, otherwise I'd be on it..Olivier Watches 831531

I need to add a Bronze to my collection..& @ these prices he's offering it's a good buy IMO.

Good luck to all who r pre-ordering
Back to top Go down
Mr Rick
Senior Associate

Olivier Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier Watches   Olivier Watches Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 3:58 pm

watchdaddy1 wrote:
They look great, but I don't care for the open date aperture @ all, otherwise I'd be on it..Olivier Watches 831531

I need to add a Bronze to my collection..& @ these prices he's offering it's a good buy IMO.

Good luck to all who r pre-ordering

I prefer no date at all, and Roland and I discussed it. I found that while the triple date window is prominent in pictures it's not nearly so in the metal. Roland likes the minimalist look, so a no date model may appear in the future. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

Olivier Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier Watches   Olivier Watches Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 5:11 pm

very nice watches, but I don't want a bronze watch
great dials and I agree with one date or none at all
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Olivier Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier Watches   Olivier Watches Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 4:48 pm

Mr Rick wrote:
Some people say it really hasn't happened without pictures, so here is proof of my visit this afternoon with Olivier watch founder/designer Roland Oliver Tetenbaum.

Roland was kind enough to spend some time with me discussing watches in general and specifically the Olivier Watch Company and the upcoming Olivier Bronze Diver. I got the chance to try on the prototypes, and hear Roland's thoughts about his design. I now know that watch designing and watch building are in his blood, and that he has the passion and drive to transform his ideas into reality.

Be advised that the designs will be produced in limited quantities, so pre-ordering is advised.

If these prototypes are any indication, I believe you can expect good things from Roland and the Olivier Watch Company, now, and in the future.

Olivier Watches Olivier1

Here is a comparison of a pair Roland's Olivier Bronze Divers with my Halios Laguna.

Man oh man, this is just fantastic Rick ! Very Happy What a nice comparison here. You can really see the design, along with
quality of the Oliviers. The look of the cases, but also the bezels is very rugged. While at the same time nice, and
classy. AWESOME dials, and straps TOO !

Must have been something special having the chance to actually talk with, and meet up with a watch company owner
like that. It's neat hearing how someone like Roland comes up with ideas, and then actually makes them a reality sir.
Thanks so much for the pics, and everything ! Smile

Mr Rick
Senior Associate

Olivier Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier Watches   Olivier Watches Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 5:10 pm

Thanks Tom,

You will be hearing more from Roland and the Olivier brand. He is a man on a mission, and as he is only 25 years old he has the energy ( and time ) to accomplish it.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Olivier Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier Watches   Olivier Watches Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 5:52 pm

Mr Rick wrote:
Thanks Tom,

You will be hearing more from Roland and the Olivier brand. He is a man on a mission, and as he is only 25 years old he has the energy ( and time ) to accomplish it.

Thank YOU Rick ! Smile

All of this is OUTSTANDING to hear about. Can't wait to see what Roland has up his sleeve over the
coming year, and years with Olivier.

Olivier Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier Watches   Olivier Watches Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 8:11 am

Excellent watches! Its really a nice post introducing olivier watches. I like these watches, the design of the dial looks really great. I would like to get this watch very soon, thanks for sharing with us.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Olivier Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier Watches   Olivier Watches Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:09 pm

adenkelten wrote:
Excellent watches! Its really a nice post introducing olivier watches. I like these watches, the design of the dial looks really great. I would like to get this watch very soon, thanks for sharing with us.

Definitely some excellent looking watches adenkelten. Glad you liked them so much, and I hope you end up picking
one up in the future. Smile

Thanks, and welcome to the forum also! Olivier Watches 803574

Sponsored content

Olivier Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olivier Watches   Olivier Watches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Olivier Watches
Page 1 of 1