The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer) Empty
PostSubject: Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer)   Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 3:26 pm

This past weekend was a wild one.
My wife and I volunteered at a car show that benefited a charity that's well deserving.
www.classychassis.org

Saturday night was the VIP party and private viewing of the cars.
There was a live auction that included several automobile related items including a trip to fFrance to drive the Bugatti Vayron, a 69 Mustang modded for racing, and other nice stuff.

Well let me tell you and open bar will do a number on the unsuspecting. drunken
I decided to bid on an item that some of you might think is pretty cool. It wasn't my intention to actually get the items in that lot, but I sure ended up with them.

Here they are: (they were both part of the same auction item/lot)

2009 TAG Heuer 40th Anniversary Monaco Chronograph version of the watch worn by Steve McQueen in Lemans with the new Calibre 12 movement and leather strap.
Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer) Steve-mcqueen-during-filming-of-le-

An awesome Heuer branded leather jacket.

Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer) MonacoJacket

Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer) FullMonacoJacket

This is the only picture I have, but hope to take more over the weekend.
It's like the jacket was made for me.
The watch is AMAZING, but I've only worn it once as I just may try to sell both.

With the job situation the way it is, I might rather have the cash back in my wallet.

Sad

If I keep the watch, I'll get a bracelet. But at $500 it may be a while.
The only thing left to do is get the warranty cards stamped by the jewelery store, Zadok.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer)   Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 1:56 am

Tony Steward is one hell of a racer. Thanks for the compliment.

I'm leaning towards keeping both. Too bad it's been in the upper 90's here in SE Texas these last few weeks with more high temps to come.

I LOVE THIS WATCH!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer)   Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 1:35 am

locolarry wrote:
The movement is an ETA 2894-2, 37 jewels, as used by Breitling, Cartier, Longines, .....
Congrats, Great watch. Larry
Actually the movement is the new calibre 12. I've been told this one is definitely NOT from ETA. I seem to recall being told it is from Zenith when I spoke with the TAG Heuer rep at the car show.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer)   Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:55 pm

Remember this? Well I'm picking it up from the jeweler tomorrow after spending more than a month at TAG Heuer.

Can't wait to get it home with me!!!
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer)   Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:12 pm

Wisconsin Proud wrote:
Poli, it is an ETA based movement with a DD module. The watch retails for $4500. A Monaco auto chron with a Zenith would be double that cost.

I think that guy confused your watch with the Cal 11 in the Limited edition Monaco 40th Ann. They sell for about $8000.
Interesting. Where did you get this information?
If the TAG Heuer rep can't get it right, then who can?
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer)   Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:50 pm

Went to pick it up today and BLAMO the problem was not fixed.

What was the problem you ask? The 45, 46, & 47 indicies on the always seconds register are smudged.

This is NOT what I expect from TAG Heuer. Not at all.
I'm very disappointed.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer)   Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 8:03 am

Wisconsin Proud wrote:
Nothing short of a new dial will fix this. scratch
I'm not sure if it is the jeweler or the repair center who screwed it up.

Either way, they need to get it right. What is this, Invicta CS??
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer)   Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:48 am

I misspoke in my orginal post. I hadn't done the research before I posted. But since I sent the watch back a week after getting it, I haven't had it here to actually take good pics.

Wisconsin Proud pointed out that my watch is probably not the one I said it is. I mentioned that it has the Calibre 11. It's the Calibre 12. Take a look at the program with live auction items from the Preview Party.
Thanks for helping me to pull my head out of my ass, Dan.
affraid

It was fun winning the watch, but I'm not having much luck wearing it. I went to pick it up from the jeweler on Thursday, but the problem was NOT fixed, so I told them to send it back to LVMH. The 45, 46, & 47 indicies on the always seconds register are smudged. How in the word does TAG Heuer let this got to an AD I have no idea. Hum.... Not good.

Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer) ClassyChassisPg1
Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer) ClassyChassisPg2
Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer) ClassyChassisPg3
Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer) ClassyChassisPg4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer)   Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stumbled on to history (My new TAG Heuer)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Who Are You, What Did You Just Get, What do you have? :: New Arrivals-
Jump to: