The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault

Go down 
+2
barnbuilder
jaw
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault Empty
PostSubject: 1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault   1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 7:34 pm

Hey there,

I'm way behind on new watch posts and this is not a full review. Just thought I'd share my motivations for buying.

So, I was cruising the watch sites (as we all do), and became obsessed with this color combination. With summer on the verge just felt right.

1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault Invicta-1591-subaqua-orange-polyurethane-B0060MF2PA

Only one problem...an Invicta. As much as I still like the SANIII design, I just can't do Invicta anymore. My rule: If ever tempted to buy an Invicta I like - find another brand with similar features and buy that instead. A simple task since they copy so often. So, knowing I can always get an orange Isofrane, I set out to find the right blue dial watch. With a silver bezel.

Looked at many until I stumbled on the Sinn Arktis 203. Plenty of great reviews out there. The more I read the more impressed I became. A serious extreme condition tool watch with a fascinating electroplated blue dial (looks different every time). Only 2 regrets, all service must go to Sinn (due to Argon filled case) and the size - just one tick under my 42mm limit @ 41mm (I'll get used to it). But we all make exceptions and this is my latest...

1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault Sinn_203_Arktis_jaw_03-vi

1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault Sinn_203_Arktis_jaw_01-vi

1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault Sinn_203_Arktis_jaw_02-vi

Not my pic of the Copper Sulphate Capsule (CuSO4) from a great extensive review here
1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault PB150340

Specs (from Sinn)
Stainless steel, polished
Sapphire crystal, domed
Valjoux 7750
Shock resistant as per DIN 8308
Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309
Water-resistant as per DIN 8310
Case diameter: 41 mm
Band lug width: 20 mm
Case thickness: 16 mm
Weight without strap: 90 gramme

Special Characteristics
Blue electroplated dial, UV resistant
Ar-Dehumidifying Technology enhances functional reliability and freedom from fogging
Functionally reliable from -45°C up to +80°C (-49°F to +176°F)
Solid back (transparent back made of sapphire crystal optional)
Pressure resistant to 300 m diving depth (30 bar)
Low pressure resistant

Thanks for watching
--
jaw

Last edited by jaw on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: 1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault   1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:09 am

cool Sinn Jeffery! I like the dial color and this photo is excellent.
the 41mm will open up many others that you may have looked over before.
enjoy wearing it.

jaw wrote:

1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault Sinn_203_Arktis_jaw_01-vi

Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: 1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault   1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 3:11 am

Great piece Jeffery!! I really like the unique shade of blue as well. All I can say is WOW!!

1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: 1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault   1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 2:17 pm

Yowza Jeffery, doesn't get much nicer, or cooler than this one right here ! Shocked cyclops
It's one SENSATIONAL Sinn sir ! Very Happy That dial color, the case style, movement,
as well as incredible technology that is involved with this watch inside, and out is
just amazing. The orange strap is just outstanding as well with it's whole look,
along with vibrant style of orange it has. Awesome choice ! Want to say congrats
on finding this sensational new Sinn here. It's REALLY nice ! ..Just the way that
you ended up searching for this watch was very cool to hear Jeffery. Using one
watch as a launchpad to find the other is pretty neat, and makes the entire search,
or hunt become even more fun. In this case, you got everything you had been
looking for, plus a lot more. That electroplated blue dial is just THE best all by
itself. You can see the different blues, and almost greys from here, and it must
be even more spectacular in person. On top of that, the mix of white markings,
hands, and numbers, with the red, and black accents is terrific as well. It very
easy on the eyes, and couldn't be nicer. Same can be said for that style of bezel
with it's intermittent teeth, or coin edge. Wow ! That's GREAT ! It not only looks
nice, but then makes the brushed flatter top portion of the bezel stand out even
more as well. That along with the fantastic crown, and pushers makes this watch
look like a BIG 41mm ! Smile Those lugs, and also bracelet are something special
too. Actually that's what this whole watch is ! Finished off by a special movement,
along with incredible Ar-Dehumidifying technology. Shocked This is one to enjoy Jeffery.
..Congratulations !!!

Sensational watch, AND PICS !

andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: 1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault   1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:44 pm

Great...I have to go after Tom!

Love it!! That is my favorite version!!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: 1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault   1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 6:46 pm

andrema wrote:
Great...I have to go after Tom!

Love it!! That is my favorite version!!

lol!

smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: 1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault   1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 12:17 am

Nice watch Jaw. Very nice looking dial!!!
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: 1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault   1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 2:54 am

Thanks Gang,

@ Ron: No shit, 1 more millimeter and it's Rolex territory! Pack it up Baby, we're sellin the house.

@ Gary: The blue is quite dynamic depending on your surroundings. A sun ray highlighted blend of teal and azure, with a hint of lavender on occasion.

@ Tom: Bezel teeth remind me a bit of sterling silver jewelry detail. On the dial, all reviews I've read say you have to see the blue in person to truly understand it. They're right.

@ Mark: Following Tom - That was very funny. Also finding out that this is a favorite of many.

@ Chris: I wish it was your latest Tudor.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault   1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st Sinn - Invicta's Fault
Page 1 of 1