The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stowa or Nomos?

Go down 
+2
smellody
andrema
6 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Stowa or Nomos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stowa or Nomos?   Stowa or Nomos? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 10:21 am

I am a big fan of Stowa, so that automatically makes it a front runner...but there is something to be said about a hand wind watch....that brings the Nomos back into the picture...hard choice.

Not a fan of the Airman style, so if it were me, I would narrow it down to the first two, with Stowa having a slight edge. However, I sort of like the Airman with the Black...

BTW - I love all of those watches from WUS that you provided links for. All very worthy for anyone's collection! The CF on the Seatime is awesome!
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

Stowa or Nomos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stowa or Nomos?   Stowa or Nomos? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 1:01 pm

First two are great looking dress watches Alain. I love the detail in movement of the first. I do not think there is a wrong answer.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Stowa or Nomos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stowa or Nomos?   Stowa or Nomos? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 2:52 pm

These are all really nice watches Koi !! I guess it depends on whether you feel more like an automatic, or mechanical ! The looks are really classic, with detailed movements !! The Stowa Airman looks a bit bigger, and bolder ! All of them are keepers ! I'd probably go the Airman route, but the first two are classic ! Smile
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

Stowa or Nomos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stowa or Nomos?   Stowa or Nomos? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 3:27 pm

They are all nice. Even though I usually go for the flieger styles, I'd pick the Nomos. Love the way the movement is decorated. With the thin bezel-I'd bet it looks larger than 39mm.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Stowa or Nomos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stowa or Nomos?   Stowa or Nomos? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 9:08 pm

Nomos. Smooth and clean. Love the movement through the caseback.
Back to top Go down
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

Stowa or Nomos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stowa or Nomos?   Stowa or Nomos? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 1:29 pm

I don;t know much about either brand. But based on looks I would definitely go for the Nomos. Smal seconds watches interest me at the moment so that appeals to me. I generally prefer hand wind over automatics. Yep, the Nomos all adds up to me.
Mike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stowa or Nomos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stowa or Nomos?   Stowa or Nomos? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stowa or Nomos?
Page 1 of 1