A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Young Watch Collector

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AJC
Junior Associate
AJC

Young Watch Collector Empty
PostSubject: Young Watch Collector   Young Watch Collector Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 10:27 am

Hey everybody!

My name is Andrew and i'm 27 from the Philadelphia area. Most people my age use their phone to tell the time, or if they do wear a watch, it's a g-shock. While I do wear a g-shock to work (I'm the produce manager at a healthfood store on a state university campus) I like to collect mechanical watches. I try to keep my collection around 18-20 watches and I usually buy used watches. However my two latest acquisitions have been new.
RADO D-Star 200
Young Watch Collector Img_2142

and the Christopher Ward C5 Malvern
Young Watch Collector Img_2143

Simple, classic, three-hand automatics are my favorite. At the top of my shortlist is a black-dial stowa antea 390.

I have new and vintage, mechanical, automatic, quartz, swiss, german, and japanese, I even have a Montiek flying tourbillon from china that I won from a international watch magazine crossword puzzle contest. So my tastes are all over the map. The only prerequisite for watches is dress watches have to be 42mm or less and dive watches 44mm or less due to my small wrists.

I look forward to reading your posts.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Young Watch Collector   Young Watch Collector Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:20 am

Nice to finally meet you Andrew. I knew of you from watchlords. Nice intro story! How do you like that Rado D-Star? I have been tempted.......looks nice.
Back to top Go down
AJC
Junior Associate
AJC

PostSubject: Re: Young Watch Collector   Young Watch Collector Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 12:16 pm

I love everything about that watch (except the crown is kind of small), it's so nice in person, very un-rado like.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Young Watch Collector   Young Watch Collector Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 12:37 pm

I know you went in to buy the blue but liked the charcoal better. I was interested in the blue. Can't tell from some of the pics the depth of color.....dark or light. What did you think?
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Young Watch Collector   Young Watch Collector Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 1:59 pm

welcome to the forum Andrew!
the Stowa is nice and your CW has a great dial. Hope to get a CW pilot watch someday.

Back to top Go down
AJC
Junior Associate
AJC

PostSubject: Re: Young Watch Collector   Young Watch Collector Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 6:50 pm

Northwestguy wrote:
I know you went in to buy the blue but liked the charcoal better. I was interested in the blue. Can't tell from some of the pics the depth of color.....dark or light. What did you think?

The blue was a deep, dark royal blue with a metallic sunray finish. Definitely closer to royal blue than navy blue. The ceramic bezel is the same shade without the sunray effect. It's quite beautiful.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Young Watch Collector   Young Watch Collector Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 1:17 am

Welcome Andrew. Nice to see you here.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Young Watch Collector   Young Watch Collector Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 6:03 am

Welcome!! Nice watches....I still have a couple Rado's but I really like the D-star Young Watch Collector 203558

Young Watch Collector Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Young Watch Collector   Young Watch Collector Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Young Watch Collector
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Who Are You, What Did You Just Get, What do you have? :: Introduce Yourself!-
Jump to: