The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Used Orient Star WZ0251EL found and bought.....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thianwong
Senior Associate

Used Orient Star WZ0251EL found and bought..... Empty
PostSubject: Used Orient Star WZ0251EL found and bought.....   Used Orient Star WZ0251EL found and bought..... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 4:09 am

I went to one of my usual great used watch stores to buy the 1940s Hamilton 14Ct for $500 but found it really small when I asked to see it. So, disappointed, I scanned the watch shelves and spied this Orient. Asking to see it, I examined it for about a minute, looked at the asking price of $237.00 and bought it.
Got home and did some googling on the model and found it was introduced in 2011. Basic specs are: 22J, 38.5mm wide, auto/handwinding with Caliber 40N51, -15 to +25 secs/day.
Searching the Orient forum on WUS, I found a guy had bought his recently through Seiya Japan, but the SS version.
I had forgotten how nice the power reserve is on ORIENTS...meaning you can wind the crown about 30 times and the reserve moves fast to 40! Orients are noted for its excellent mechanicals. So this one was a very nice addition to the collection. Love the gold plating look! Very Happy:D The leather strap is a dark brown. The previous owner had it for a short time and flipped it ...or something. The watch came with original box.

Used Orient Star WZ0251EL found and bought..... 9111333543_5ea63994f7_b
Montage Orient and Buddha by thianwong1, on Flickr

For comparison, here is a 2000 similar Orient Star, auto/handwinding ...with see-thru caseback. It is 36mm wide

Used Orient Star WZ0251EL found and bought..... 6307750348_053c72c94a_b
Orient large dial top by thianwong1, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Used Orient Star WZ0251EL found and bought.....   Used Orient Star WZ0251EL found and bought..... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 12:30 pm

Thian, that must have been a really nice surprise looking to get one watch like that, and
then coming home with a different one like this.Smile That's awesome ! Now you have a watch
that sounds like it has such a cool movement, but also extremely cool design. Orient seems
to have really hit a home run as usual with everything with this one. You made a great
choice. Looks like one of those watches where every part of it is so well thought out, and
it's hard trying to figure out which detail about it you enjoy most. The power reserve does
seem nice like you said though.Used Orient Star WZ0251EL found and bought..... 803574 Terrific find Thian ! Congratulations on this.

Great watch, pics, and also comparison !

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Used Orient Star WZ0251EL found and bought.....   Used Orient Star WZ0251EL found and bought..... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 4:22 am

Thanks, Tom. I always check out the few fav stores ...just looking, ya know! hahaha...and then one watch grabs my attention.....and I go 'WOW'....nah, I say to myself, no more watches!....but it nags at me at home and I return and ask to see it....with the funds in my pocket...damn!Smile
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Used Orient Star WZ0251EL found and bought.....   Used Orient Star WZ0251EL found and bought..... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 1:40 pm

thianwong wrote:
Thanks, Tom. I always check out the few fav stores ...just looking, ya know! hahaha...and then one watch grabs my attention.....and I go 'WOW'....nah, I say to myself, no more watches!....but it nags at me at home and I return and ask to see it....with the funds in my pocket...damn!Smile

You're very welcome Thian. Always is fun looking, and more often than not at least one like this one hear calls to us.
I'm glad you went back for this one sir. Smile

PostSubject: Re: Used Orient Star WZ0251EL found and bought.....   Used Orient Star WZ0251EL found and bought..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Used Orient Star WZ0251EL found and bought.....
Page 1 of 1