The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marathon GSAR

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Marathon GSAR Empty
PostSubject: Marathon GSAR   Marathon GSAR Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 3:18 pm

Does anyone know the dimensions for a GSAR?
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Marathon GSAR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marathon GSAR   Marathon GSAR Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:06 pm

cali kid wrote:
41MM at the bezel, 46MM including the crown, 13.85MM thick, 20MM drilled hole lugs!!
Thanks! I was just checking one out on WUS and it was listed as a 46mm case and I remembered it to be a 41mm...I guess that I was right! Thanks again and have a great weekend!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Marathon GSAR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marathon GSAR   Marathon GSAR Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 12:26 pm

You guys know me...41mm case is right in my sweet spot! Sorry about the JSAR, maybe they will release an automatic with tubes soon...then all Hell will break loose! I am sure if Marathon did that the forum sales would be flooded with pre-owned watches to make room for the new JSAR...until then I guess everyone will have to wait it out!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Marathon GSAR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marathon GSAR   Marathon GSAR Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 3:40 pm

Just looking around at the Marathon website...is it true that they usually only sell the watches to various government departments ? So if you want a certain watch like the GSAR or JSAR you may have to find them at other sites....just curious ! Smile
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Marathon GSAR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marathon GSAR   Marathon GSAR Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 3:55 pm

Thanks for the information Watchnoob....I wasn't sure and wanted to hear from those with Marathon experience ! Also, if I wanted a Marathon down the road, I wouldn't want to break any rules ! lol!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Marathon GSAR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marathon GSAR   Marathon GSAR Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 4:30 pm

The real crappy thing about this is that if you buy one through a government agency it is about half of the cost ~~ $390 for the GSAR!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Marathon GSAR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marathon GSAR   Marathon GSAR Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:11 am

Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Marathon GSAR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marathon GSAR   Marathon GSAR Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 12:09 pm

WatchNoob wrote:
andrema wrote:
Two words...OH MY...you'll see...

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=305629

It's is bada$$ for sure, but I'm not sure I like the texture of the ceramic coating.
It looks like I did it in my garage with that texture spray paint...too bad!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Marathon GSAR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marathon GSAR   Marathon GSAR Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 10:31 pm

edward wrote:
Marathons are military contract watches. Over runs can be purchased from the mentioned site and a few other websites. The GSA price is the contract price the military pays for them.
I dissagree that them getting the contract price sucks. They are ordered by the military. If you ever served, would you expect the general public to get what you can at the px for the same price?. Any swiss made watch thats a dedicated dive watch will cost what the Marathon watch does at retail. So you are still getting a deal. Theres always afew up on the sales corners used.
The sad thing is that I was in the military for 16 years and never saw one for sale...I have a deal in the works and will have one soon.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

Marathon GSAR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marathon GSAR   Marathon GSAR Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 10:46 pm

Marathons are not for sale directly to individual military people. They are ordered by logistics and procurement people using the NSN system. If you were lucky a watch could be issued to you as part of your personal gear. I have a Seiko with a ceramic coated bezel and it looks real uniform and smooth. The modded Marathon here looks more like the bedliner sprayed in my truck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Marathon GSAR Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marathon GSAR   Marathon GSAR Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marathon GSAR
Page 1 of 1