The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Spring Bars

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

Spring Bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Bars   Spring Bars Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 12:14 pm

Be careful!

The spring bars from TheWatchPrince are not very good in two ways.

1. On some (I'll look to see which length), the measurement is wrong. The bar is measured NOT from end to end when fully extended, but when compressed. This means that the SB will only just fit between the lugs and you've have to break it to get them out. Pretty sure this is the case on the 20mm bars but it might be the 22mm.

2. The ends are not the nice ones that have a groove for the spring bar tool. You've really got to dig in and work it out from the lug in order to get the SB to come out. Try to find better spring bars. You'll be better off trust me.

By the way, I love The Watch Prince. A great vendor with good prices and outstanding customer service. Just don't like the spring bars they sell.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Spring Bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Bars   Spring Bars Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 3:37 pm

Awesome information guys ! I agree with what you guys said
about spring bars, since I really didn't know too much about them
to begin with ! lol!
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

Spring Bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Bars   Spring Bars Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 4:22 pm

WatchNoob wrote:
Good info Trevor and thanks for the pics. I'll need to re-think what I need for Spring Bars. Thanks for the help.

Where do you guys buy your Spring bars at?

Ron, you can send this to the correct forum, no objections from me anyway. thanks.

I have some 22mm Seiko fatties I bought at Watchadoo. If you need any, PM me your mailing info and I'll send you a few. The Seiko fat bars are much more secure than the regular spring bars. The first pic shows a fattie and a regular spring bar for comparison. Unless the lugs are drilled out, I would look for larger spring bars with the rings for using a spring bar tool.

Keep in mind, that the bracelet/strap will likely accept them grudgingly if they are sized for normal springbars, the second pic will show this. The watch on the left has a modena strap-you can see the rubber is stretched a bit to accomodate the thicker bars. The watch on the right has a Seiko strap with a larger opening to accomodate the pins so the strap is flush with the case.
Spring Bars DSCF4382
Spring Bars DSCF4387
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spring Bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Bars   Spring Bars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spring Bars
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Horological Information :: Parts/Mod Links and Reference-
Jump to: