The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WRUW Saturday 9/3/22

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

WRUW Saturday 9/3/22 Empty
PostSubject: WRUW Saturday 9/3/22   WRUW Saturday 9/3/22 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2022 12:02 am

A Happy Saturday there to you !  WRUW Saturday 9/3/22 803574 WRUW Saturday 9/3/22 803574

Really hope that you guys can have just THE best weekend !!!  Cool Cool

Will be going with this Ruhla again on this end.  Wink

WRUW Saturday 9/3/22 20aIn8L

WRUW Saturday 9/3/22 J0cj9BC

Budabear and sixtysix like this post

Back to top Go down
Budabear
Consigliere
Budabear

PostSubject: Re: WRUW Saturday 9/3/22   WRUW Saturday 9/3/22 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2022 4:19 pm

Good Afternoon
WRUW Saturday 9/3/22 24573910
WRUW Saturday 9/3/22 E0af5a10

AtomicTom and sixtysix like this post

Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: WRUW Saturday 9/3/22   WRUW Saturday 9/3/22 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2022 5:31 pm

Good afternoon to you Darius ! Very Happy As well as another outstanding watch too sir. ..Yesterday we had your remarkable new
Renato, and now we have this sensational seven seas solar Seiko ! cheers Man, now THAT’s a wave patten ! So awesome !!!

Budabear likes this post

Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: WRUW Saturday 9/3/22   WRUW Saturday 9/3/22 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2022 8:26 pm

Kind of a weird one today, Tack and Gybe (or TNG). Picked this up at a rummage sale today. Dutch design and Swiss made.... ETA 2893-3 / TG893 automatic movement. Carbon Fiber dial, engraved rotating bezel, second time zone, sailing countdown timer, tactical planner, acoustic and optical signals, date indicator, screw-down crown, sapphire crystals front and back, water-resistant to 100 meters. Carbon Fiber looks a mile deep!!

WRUW Saturday 9/3/22 IMG_6936

WRUW Saturday 9/3/22 Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors

AtomicTom and Budabear like this post

Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: WRUW Saturday 9/3/22   WRUW Saturday 9/3/22 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2022 9:03 pm

Yowzers Gary, this one’s not weird st all, it’s wonderful ! Idea cheers

Have to say that I have literally never seen, or heard of this ultra cool watch, and brand sir. bounce
I mean we for the most part know about a ton of classic brands, as well as the new up, and
coming brands in recent years. ..Plus we can’t forget about all of the great vintage defunct
watch companies. However, to find out about, or see something new really helps make this
hobby that much cooler. ..We are always learning, and in your case, always finding something
new. Smile Cool And may I say, I do not know what is the best part about his watch ! cyclops It could be
the eye-catching looks, or even all of the neat accents, as well as colors. Or it could be all of
those amazing capabilities you listed off, wow ! Surprised And how about the movement that is under
it all?! ..This TNG GMT does it all, not to mention says Jules Verne on the dial ! Cool

Just fantastic G ! ..Wishing you a TERRIFIC TNG congratulations here !!!

P.S. Gary, did you know about this watch? ..Or know about the company before you got it sir?

Budabear likes this post

Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: WRUW Saturday 9/3/22   WRUW Saturday 9/3/22 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2022 10:33 pm

I have never heard of this watch company before, but they are still making Regatta Timers and sailing watches. They are expensive too!!

https://tngwatches.com/product-category/sailing-timers/

I have to vent.  WRUW Saturday 9/3/22 916203 I hit the motherload today, there was an Estate Sale that listed clocks and watches, so we got there just before they opened....I looked at the watches. No name brands like Omega, Ulysse Nardin, Seiko, Citizen, Orient, Gallet, Certina, Timex, holy crap dude the list goes on and on. Like maybe 150 watches. I offered $500 for all and he took it. He told me he already sold all the Invicters (lol).....and he will be selling all the good stuff on eBay. If I got the crap, I can't wait to see what he posts on eBay!! I will be posting a lot of new stuff here over the next few days, months or what ever. There is so much good stuff I am in shock. There is a bunch of junk as well...I just need a few days or weeks to sort this mess out. 80% of these are unworn with tags etc. still attached. cheers

Not bragging just need to talk to someone, not many of my friends are watch guys.

WRUW Saturday 9/3/22 Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors

Budabear likes this post

Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: WRUW Saturday 9/3/22   WRUW Saturday 9/3/22 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2022 12:13 am

sixtysix wrote:
I have never heard of this watch company before, but they are still making Regatta Timers and sailing watches. They are expensive too!!

https://tngwatches.com/product-category/sailing-timers/

I have to vent.  WRUW Saturday 9/3/22 916203 I hit the motherload today, there was an Estate Sale that listed clocks and watches, so we got there just before they opened....I looked at the watches. No name brands like Omega, Ulysse Nardin, Seiko, Citizen, Orient, Gallet, Certina, Timex, holy crap dude the list goes on and on. Like maybe 150 watches. I offered $500 for all and he took it. He told me he already sold all the Invicters (lol).....and he will be selling all the good stuff on eBay. If I got the crap, I can't wait to see what he posts on eBay!! I will be posting a lot of new stuff here over the next few days, months or what ever. There is so much good stuff I am in shock. There is a bunch of junk as well...I just need a few days or weeks to sort this mess out. 80% of these are unworn with tags etc. still attached.  cheers

Not bragging just need to talk to someone, not many of my friends are watch guys.

cheers Smile WRUW Saturday 9/3/22 803574 WRUW Saturday 9/3/22 803574 Well we are friends Gary, and I am ecstatic for you !  bounce  cyclops In fact I don't think that I have
ever seen someone hit a motherload like this, or heard about it. ..I mean yes, I've heard people say they 
picked up a few watches at a garage, yeard, or estate sale, but not tons, and tons of watches like this sir !  Surprised
It seriously sounds like you picked up an entire collection of watches there today from everything you are
saying. And maybe possibly this was multiple collections, because 150 watches is a lot !!!  Idea  WRUW Saturday 9/3/22 812159
I seriously wish I could have seen your face when you were seeing what you had discovered there Gary.
Because it would have been priceless ! ..You probably wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible
I bet too because you didn't want anyone to realize that they made a mistake, and should have taken
$5000 instead of $500.  lol! I can picture you doing a burnout down the road after finding this treasure
trove of horological awesomeness !  Cool

A GINORMOUS congrats on all of this once again to you sir !!!

Oh, and thank you very very much for all of the insight on TNG too ! ..Holy cow, incredible stuff, incredible
watches, as well as an incredible day !!! ...Wow, just wow, enjoy !

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WRUW Saturday 9/3/22   WRUW Saturday 9/3/22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WRUW Saturday 9/3/22
Page 1 of 1