The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WRUW Sunday 9/11/22

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

WRUW Sunday 9/11/22 Empty
PostSubject: WRUW Sunday 9/11/22   WRUW Sunday 9/11/22 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2022 12:43 am

Getting started a little early as always guys.

Staying with this Basis, as well as some red, white, and blue for today...

WRUW Sunday 9/11/22 OOLxbwc

WRUW Sunday 9/11/22 NI3jB5R

WRUW Sunday 9/11/22 9-11

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: WRUW Sunday 9/11/22   WRUW Sunday 9/11/22 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2022 11:03 am

Citizen Aqualand.....

WRUW Sunday 9/11/22 IMG_6975

WRUW Sunday 9/11/22 Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors

AtomicTom likes this post

Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: WRUW Sunday 9/11/22   WRUW Sunday 9/11/22 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2022 1:40 pm

Holy moly, there were one of these in the motherload too Gary?!  Surprised cyclops

Actually looks like it's brand new still, with the polished setions looking immaculate, and the brushed
sections looking astounding !  bounce I swear you can see every bit of brushing as if it was just made by
Citizen yesterday. It's amazing sir, and again goes to show that the person that had this collection had
some out of this world cool taste.  Smile I mean this could have been the onlyy watch you got at that
sale, and it would have been a motherload kind of day. ..All of the mesmerizing lines, as well as
curves on this one just leave you in awe ! Hey, and it's even got that futuristic Ploprpof thing going
on the side of the case once again too !  alien

Gary, you picked up so many spectacular watches here, that your long time collection is almost
starting to feel left out.  cheers ..Or maybe they are enjoying the vacation too come to think of it.  Very Happy

A Super SENSATIONAL Citizen congratulations on this one !!!

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: WRUW Sunday 9/11/22   WRUW Sunday 9/11/22 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2022 9:27 pm

Thanks Tom!! I need to let you know I contacted the guy I bought these from to get his eBay name so I could look for more watches and he told me he had another box of watches he wanted to sell...I stopped down to look at them and bought a few hundred more watches from him. Not only was there one of these Aqualand there was 5 of these Aqualand watches...some with tags, unworn, some in new condition..no tags but unworn like this one. I would say 80% of all of them was unworn, 10% vintage, 10% somewhere else. 50% is junk of course, 40% average, 10% un-friggin-real. Anyway, I have a lot of these to work through in the next few months Very Happy .

This full lume dial is just one example. I have one Eco-Drive. two Lithium battery models, and two regular battery models.

WRUW Sunday 9/11/22 IMG_6972

WRUW Sunday 9/11/22 Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: WRUW Sunday 9/11/22   WRUW Sunday 9/11/22 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2022 12:33 am

sixtysix wrote:
Thanks Tom!! I need to let you know I contacted the guy I bought these from to get his eBay name so I could look for more watches and he told me he had another box of watches he wanted to sell...I stopped down to look at them and bought a few hundred more watches from him. Not only was there one of these Aqualand there was 5 of these Aqualand watches...some with tags, unworn, some in new condition..no tags but unworn like this one. I would say 80% of all of them was unworn, 10% vintage, 10% somewhere else. 50% is junk of course, 40% average, 10% un-friggin-real. Anyway, I have a lot of these to work through in the next few months Very Happy .

This full lume dial is just one example. I have one Eco-Drive. two Lithium battery models, and two regular battery models.

WRUW Sunday 9/11/22 IMG_6972

OMG Gary, this is like Horological Heaven, or something !!!  cheers Very Happy WRUW Sunday 9/11/22 812159

You know we, or you could go to a thousand garage sales, and never even see one
watch. Or at least one worth getting. And then in one extraordinary day you find an
entire collection of watches !  bounce A collection of watches that anyone would be happy
to have all by itself. But then added to your already EPIC collection, and it's like putting
a supercharger on top of a BIG V8, as well as a nitrous bottle, or two too !  Cool Cool WRUW Sunday 9/11/22 46145
I'm just floored by all of it sir, as well as so happy for you.  WRUW Sunday 9/11/22 933578 I've honestly never
seen anything like it since I have been on watch forums. ..And that goes for your 
original collection to begin with, but now with all you have added in the last week,
I REALLY have never seen anything like it !  Surprised

Getting this ultra cool lume dialed wonder above puts a giant smile on my face all
by itself G. ..Yowza, a HUMUNGOUS congrats on it, and all of this news !!!!

P.S. I wonder, maybe this guy, or his family had a watch store, AND were watch fans
at the same time sir.  Smile Because the sheer amount of watches they have, as well as
them being new in so many cases is phenomenal !

ENJOY G ! ..Holy guacamole !!!  alien

PostSubject: Re: WRUW Sunday 9/11/22   WRUW Sunday 9/11/22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WRUW Sunday 9/11/22
Page 1 of 1