The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Would You Like To See From Zodiac ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

What Would You Like To See From Zodiac ? Empty
PostSubject: What Would You Like To See From Zodiac ?   What Would You Like To See From Zodiac ? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:44 pm

Hey everybody do you guys have any thoughts about this ? Zodiac always seems
to find a way to make watches that appeal to me. However, as watch people, we
always want something more or new. Maybe this could be like an open letter to
Zodiac ! So what would you guys like to see ? Smile..For myself, I would probably like
even more variety ! Variety in existing models, new dial types and colors for instance.
Also I think it would nice to see NEW watches including 3-Hand Swiss automatics. Smile
What I would really like to see is an "ELITE" Collection or Division of Zodiac !!! Very Happy I
know many of you have different tastes, and maybe a new higher end type of
Zodiac, would be intriguing !..Imagine these "Elite" Zodiacs..like higher end Oceanaires
with new looks and new Swiss automatic movements ! Perhaps an Elite ZMX on a
bracelet with new look as well ! This Elite Collection would have higher end variations
on everything from Adventure, Deep Reefs, Race Dragons, and more which would rival
the higher end watches out there ! cheers ..Including Elite Astrographics, and maybe
a revival of the Super Sea Wolf with new styling and great Swiss Automatic ! Perhaps
that one could be on a watch magazine cover too ! Very Happy So these are some of what I'd like
to see..how about you guys..what might you like ? cheers
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See From Zodiac ?   What Would You Like To See From Zodiac ? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 11:21 pm

A new four hand (GMT) automatic with day/date.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See From Zodiac ?   What Would You Like To See From Zodiac ? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 11:22 pm

I hear ya Alan. Not sure how they can sell an Oceanaire for $140. I paid $180, but that has to be somewhere near dealer cost. . .???

Z-Freak wrote:
Definitely more 3-hand autos...

And for MetroWatchCompany to go away!

They are KILLING the brand!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See From Zodiac ?   What Would You Like To See From Zodiac ? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 11:38 pm

Hopefully they can fulfill some of these requests guys ! It's very interesting
because I know many of us enjoy the brand very much. Maybe at some
point they will add even more variety ! I think 3-Hand Autos and some GMT's
would fit in nicely ! cheers Also it might be cool to add in that higher end
division of Zodiac..to attract more people to these types of watches and
make long time fans happy at the same time ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See From Zodiac ?   What Would You Like To See From Zodiac ? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 1:38 am

Z-Freak wrote:
Definitely more 3-hand autos...

And for MetroWatchCompany to go away!

They are KILLING the brand!

I work for a company that has a recognized brand name. We work hard to protect e brand and the imag of value in the products. It doesn't make sense to me that Zodiac have pulled their watches from the outlet stores but still allow Metro to continue. I would think that extra discounts from Metro, available for all to see online, do more to damage the value of the brand than discounts as clearouts through the outlet stores. Is it possible that the outlet stores just didn't move enough product? I just don't get it.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See From Zodiac ?   What Would You Like To See From Zodiac ? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 3:56 pm

WOW guys this turned out to be a great topic !!! cheers Thanks for all of the thoughts
and opinions on this. For me I am similar to Freedive, I wasn't able to get good prices
at the outlets, so Metro became the source for Zodiac ! Before that I got a couple from
JTV which was my first experience with the brand. So basically I think they are a great
brand that makes great watches. However, knowing that many have been looking at
different higher end brands..like Z Smile..I thought it would be cool for Zodiac to maybe
add in not only new models, but a new "higher end" division to help restore some faith
for them ! Very Happy..It was only a thought I had !..I think it's great that everyone is so passionate
about the subject..I truly respect ALL the opinions and know what Zodiac has meant to
many of us at ZMT ! cheers Thanks everyone !!!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See From Zodiac ?   What Would You Like To See From Zodiac ? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 3:06 pm

Z-Freak wrote:
Awesome watched DOC!

Remake those at 44mm and I buy one!

Docrwm wrote:
Z,

The question caused me to do a little looking into precisely what Zodiac actually made back in the 60s when Autos were really the thing. The Sea Wolf and others already cited here are terrific but they made some funky other watches that were fairly complicated and I was impressed.

Zodiac could be so much more than fashion quartz watches with unusual color dials........

Excellent stuff..see now this is great ! cheers ..because there have been quite a few different Zodiacs
that were made years ago that would appeal to just about anyone ! From the classic vintage styles, to
quirky or funky models, all the way to military and sport styles. I think Zodiac does a good job at bringing
customers what they want..however, "if" they also tapped more into their history..and possibly added
in some models like this one..through the regular collections, or an entirely new collection/division it
definitely couldn't hurt ! People like myself would be happy, just because I am a fan of Zodiac. It would
also appeal to people that never looked at the brand before ! cheers Thanks again to everyone for the
outstanding opinions about this !!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See From Zodiac ?   What Would You Like To See From Zodiac ? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 3:49 pm

Terrific watches and ideas Barn ! cheers I can't get enough of that Special Edition ZMX there !!! Shocked
These are the types of ideas that really can take things to a new level !..We can still look for the basic
collections and enjoy them just as much..While at the same time adding in fantastic watches like the
ones here ! Really great stuff !!!..I've really only known about Zodiac for a couple of years..and
have only had a good experience so far ! Very Happy Nevertheless, I think it's interesting and fun to think
up new ideas or thoughts that "could be" in the future ! cheers
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See From Zodiac ?   What Would You Like To See From Zodiac ? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 11:09 pm

falcon4311 wrote:
There are several vintage Z's that I would love to own if they were bigger.

Great point falcon..any updated vintage style by Zodiac should be bigger and better !
Allowing you to have that second chance to own one ! It is definitely a possibility and
I have to believe we aren't the only ones thinking like this ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Like To See From Zodiac ?   What Would You Like To See From Zodiac ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Would You Like To See From Zodiac ?
Page 1 of 1