The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DMB
Associate
DMB

Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches Empty
PostSubject: Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches   Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 3:08 pm

I like to wear my watches, and not baby them. I never thought twice about scratching them up until I started reading watch forums. Wow, people actually buy "beaters" so they don't tear up their "good" watches. I don't have a problem with that. Now I can go out and buy a whole new catagory of watches ...

The Skirt: "Is that another watch you bought?" "Don't you think you have enough, I mean really .... they all look the same."

Me: "Yea, it's new .... but it's a "Beater". "Everybody needs a few beaters honey. All the cool watch guys have them. It keeps me from destroying my "good" watches."

Man, sometimes life was so much simpler when I just had one watch and wore the hell out of it. Here is my first "real" watch. I got it towards the end of highschool and wore it 24/7/365. It went through Army Basic Training, and 4 or 5 years after that. I still have it, but it needs a battery. The funny thing is, this watch is not deep rated and does not have a screw down crown. I can't tell you how many hot tubs, showers, etc that I wore it in and it never failed. Kind of makes all those, "Can I wear my dive watch in the shower" questions sound silly. Anyhow, as you can see it has it's share of scars. The bracelet is all stretched out and it even has scratches on the mineral crystal. Damn, where were flame fused crystals when I needed them. Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches Icon_rolleyes Let's see your battle watches.

Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches IMG_0217

Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches IMG_0191

~ David
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches   Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 3:13 pm

That watch has some serious CHARACTER...

Since downsizing and changing the focus of my collection, these watches will be my BEATERS...

Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches HO4

Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches HUMMER010

Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches   Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 3:48 pm

These are my beaters.

Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches Daily010

Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches SwissAmryBeater2
Back to top Go down
DMB
Associate
DMB

PostSubject: Re: Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches   Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 9:49 pm

WatchNoob wrote:
I've always tried to take good care of everything I own, be it watches, jewelery, cars, computers, etc., etc. Here's my first Seiko Diver before being a watch geek, so I will call it my Beater.
The Bracelet was scratched up, so I took the Scotch Brite pad to it. Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches Lol I'm one of the guys that hates to scratch a watch whether it be a beater or and expensive one.

Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches Seiko01vd4

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches IMG_0222

This one also has some scars. It spent a lot of time on tanks. ~ David
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches   Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 11:18 pm

I do have a few Invicta Pro Diver beater types, I use when the conditions warrant but they are not too banged up. My only true beater then would be this Casio I wear at work. I'm an electrician and the non-conductive plastic case is its key feature. Someday it may even die but I have'nt managed to kill it yet.
Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches 100_0968
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches   Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 12:49 am

Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches IMG_3675
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches   Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's see some Wabi .... Show Your Battle Watches
Page 1 of 1