The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Orient Mako Diver

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

Orient Mako Diver Empty
PostSubject: Orient Mako Diver   Orient Mako Diver Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 4:27 am

Here are the well known the Orient Mako Divers, I bought in black and blue, both in rubber straps.

These are beautifully finished. The dial is very finely made. I like the crest or emblem style logo, it seems very much a modern Japan classic style to me. The dial makes the watch look like it costs 10x the price.

The blue always gets great comments as particularly great. But I found myself wearing the black only. The blue is indeed great, but I just rarely choose to wear a blue watch. So I sold the blue and kept the black.

The band is a bit more plastic than rubber, not as soft as I like, but not bad in any way. The band is very long, I cut about an inch off mine because it wrapped too far around my 7"wrist. I like the dolphins on the band.

Before pics, I'll post a video. I made the video using 3 still images. First is daylight, then half lit, then in full dark to show the lume. I put these into a video fading between each picture. Pictures follow.

Orient Mako Diver IMG_1328

Orient Mako Diver IMG_1331

Orient Mako Diver IMG_1178

Orient Mako Diver IMG_2740

Orient Mako Diver IMG_2762

Orient Mako Diver IMG_1269
Back to top Go down
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

Orient Mako Diver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orient Mako Diver   Orient Mako Diver Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 1:32 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
Ok, now this may be a stupid question....why does a watch named MAKO, referring to shark have dolphins on the strap??? Orient Mako Diver Icon_scratch Huh Orient Mako Diver Icon_question Riddle me that Batman!

The name was given by someone at a watch forum somewhere and it stuck. When Orient designed the watch with dolphins on the band, they didn't know a group of idiots like us would later give it a name.

Mike.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Orient Mako Diver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orient Mako Diver   Orient Mako Diver Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 11:30 am

Great pics and video Mike!

Very cool!

Senior Consigliere

Orient Mako Diver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orient Mako Diver   Orient Mako Diver Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 9:16 pm

These Mako Divers have some bite to them ! Orient Mako Diver Icon_cheers Great video by the
way ! The lume on those dials is great, while those straps are tough
yet sporty. Also both the black and blue are excellent Mike ! NICE
photos as well !

Orient Mako Diver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orient Mako Diver   Orient Mako Diver Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orient Mako Diver
Page 1 of 1